Sign in to follow this  
Proper Charlie

Lawro's Gone For A Newcastle Win!

bloody Lawro! how dare he suggest we arent the greatest football team in history and the best side in the world!He has predicted another loss for us! the BBC HAte us! Lawro hates us! he is scum of the earth, worse than hitler, and jumps on dafodils!Lambert out!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]bloody Lawro! how dare he suggest we arent the greatest football team in history and the best side in the world!He has predicted another loss for us! the BBC HAte us! Lawro hates us! he is scum of the earth, worse than hitler, and jumps on dafodils!Lambert out!

[/quote]Far be it for me to interrupt your "amusing" rant, but surely the OP was just suggesting that Lawro normally gets things so wrong about us that him predicting a loss stands us in good stead for a result?!That was my take on it anyway...

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="jas the barclay king"]bloody Lawro! how dare he suggest we arent the greatest football team in history and the best side in the world!He has predicted another loss for us! the BBC HAte us! Lawro hates us! he is scum of the earth, worse than hitler, and jumps on dafodils!Lambert out!

[/quote]Far be it for me to interrupt your "amusing" rant, but surely the OP was just suggesting that Lawro normally gets things so wrong about us that him predicting a loss stands us in good stead for a result?!That was my take on it anyway...[/quote]i was pre empting the posts we will receive from people who just read the thread title.glad you found it funny.

Personally, I can put up with all of them from the clueless  Paul M. to the dotty Garth C.

I draw the line at Lawrenson though. It''s switch off time for me when he drones on with his miserable voice and his biased and prejudiced opinions.

Who on Earth at the Beeb made the decision to have this idiot as a major pundit? He is a personality-free TV disaster with the perpetual appearance of an ageing drag queen after a heavy night on the booze.

As for his talent at predicting results?   They are just that ... predictable.

Get rid.  

I.S. That is exactly what I was getting at, and the post title was tongue in cheek.

I too did find Jas''s post funny and took it as tongue in cheek and in jest. But he is right in saying that some posters would read the title and get on their soapbox.

Personally I couldn''t give a t*ss what anybody pundits think. But Lawro just amuses me in a drole sort of way.

Personally I think the BBC should hire me, I have an expert knowledge because I once scored a goal at lunch time when we were playing football in the concrete tennis courts (because the bigger boys were playing on the grass...). It was a really good goal, and it gave me a full understanding of how Football works at the highest level, they would be missing a trick if they didn''t get me in to replace Lawro who clearly knows nothing...

Nothing to do with his football knowledge Gp, for sure, he is more equipped than us all to comment even although his toe-the-line predictability is galling at times. For all his professional experience his lack of in-depth analysis is glaring. For me, he is poor television in every way, shape and form and his dire persona doesn''t help his cause. 

At least the likes of Merson can be funny.

Newcastle have lost just 2 out of 14 home games this season so shock horror a pundit goes for a home win even if it is old sour face.It would be a brave "neutral" to predict an away win.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Newcastle have lost just 2 out of 14 home games this season so shock horror a pundit goes for a home win even if it is old sour face.It would be a brave "neutral" to predict an away win.[/quote]

Mmmmm,  now I can see why you were a policeman![:)]

I''ve got Krul, Taylor and Ba all in my side in order that I don''t finally totally depressed this weekend should we lose....

Any neutral fan would look at this fixture and suggest a tight home win so no real surprise at his prediction.

However, he clearly doesn''t rate us overall in the season judging by his predictions throughout the year.

http://www.myfootballfacts.com/Mark_Lawrensons_Predictions_2011-12.html