Sign in to follow this  
CTID

Surman

Hi new poster here, I read a lot on here but I have now decided to start posting.

Just wanted to say that Surman is really doing well proving a lot of people wrong including myself. I would also like to say thanks to Mick McCarthy for not giving him a chance otherwise he may never have come.

Also does anyone else think Pilks has been hitting the weights from the snake pit last week he looked stronger?

Agreed about Surman.

He has always had great technical ability and has added a great work ethic to his game this season.

For me he has been our most consistently effective player over the last 2 months.

Surman''s form in recent matches has been outstanding.

His composure, vision, work rate have all been good not to mention an important goal or two.

Thank you Wolves!

PS.

Now that Banana has has changed his tag line (again) and removed his Surman one, how does he now feel about the player?

Surman has certainly steped it up this season and all credit to him. Remember his performance in this fixture last year. Anonymous and taken off at halftime. Compare that to yesterday. Also Motd didn''t show his header in the 1st half.

Never a fan of Surman. Thought he was lightweight. Has improved considerably over recent weeks particularly now that he gets more in to the penalty box. Does not tackle a lot but is good at closing down opponents. In the game a lot more now. Yes I would even play him against Man Utd.

As with most of the team he has improved considerably this season. Lambert and his coaching team must be the best in the country.

[quote user="Largey24"]I think because he has added goals to his game recently, his performances and confidence has skyrocketed.[/quote].......he''s always had goals in his game, at southampton he was frequently on the scoresheet, which was what made wolve go for him. it seems that he took a while to adjust to our system las season but is now showing what a great buy he was.

I agree about Surman, but name me one player in the City squad who has failed to step upto the Premiership mark this season.

I thought that Jacko and Chris Martin would fail. Jacko has been outstanding whilst Martin is regretfully well placed in a lower league.

Elliot Ward came in in what would have been difficult circumstances for any player and produced a blinder at both ends of the pitch. Zak came out of an injured spell and excelled, thus disproving many of us who thought that the defense was a weakness. It is now a strength. Especially with Ayala looking decent and the other signing Bennett being highly rated.

Ruddy, whom many doubted too, gets better by the week and is now mentioned as a prospective international.

As for the mid-field? Wow what a squad and all inspired by England''s soon to be striker Grantzilla.  

I forgot about Lappin who wasn''t even rated by the rhodent as a Championship player.

We all like Simon for some reason and he never complains about always being the bridesmade and never the bride. Mr. Dependable really and we all assume that he would do a decent enough job if needed.

He may not be Premiership standard but he will have a dam good try.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

I forgot about Lappin who wasn''t even rated by the rhodent as a Championship player.

We all like Simon for some reason and he never complains about always being the bridesmade and never the bride. Mr. Dependable really and we all assume that he would do a decent enough job if needed.

He may not be Premiership standard but he will have a dam good try.

[/quote]Broadstairs - we love the king of Spain because he never complains, treated like sh@t by rodent and he just played his game, none of the big time charlie stuff and never slatted the club. Lambert comes in and he just gets on with it, plays left back, left wing, centre mid and he never complains...just pleased to be involved and only good things to say. He should be the role model for all young players at the club, if Chrissy had half his humility I think he could go on to be a great player...I love the King of Spain and hope he sees out his career here, even if it means he doesn''t play much.

Sorry, also Surman has been really good this year and seems to be getting better, has surprised me and I was a fan of his before.

[quote user="vos"]

Never a fan of Surman. Thought he was lightweight. Has improved considerably over recent weeks particularly now that he gets more in to the penalty box. Does not tackle a lot but is good at closing down opponents. In the game a lot more now. Yes I would even play him against Man Utd.

As with most of the team he has improved considerably this season. Lambert and his coaching team must be the best in the country.

[/quote]

There''s that bandwagon word again. Everything has moved on so can we stick that word where it belongs and never re-use it.