Sign in to follow this  
priceyrice

Commentary on Canary Player

I finally gave in and signed up for canaries player, was hoping to be able to listen to the match commentary from 2pm, don''t seem to be hearing anything though, does it not start till 3pm on the website?

I haven''t been able to get it all season!! I''m overseas and have always managed to listen to the live commentary but this season, nothing!! If anyone knows why I''d be only to pleased to listen.

O that doesn''t sound promising, i am outside Norfolk so slightly worreid i wont get it either, only wanted the package to be able to hear the pre and post match chat

We couldn''t get commentary until just before the match started today, but we have had no problems with it on the whole. It''s well worth the money.

Please tell me where, as I couldn''t find it this week or last. And Canary player is great, when it works, which is not this season!!

You can listen to radio Norfolk through the BBC website until 3pm, Canary Player starts about 2.30 / 2.45 normally so you should be able to get it all.

Fife Canary, you sound like someone who has never had to contend with extra-slow broadband - and we live just 2 miles outside a large city. Can''t even run little 2-minute clips from YouTube, let alone live streaming of a match! If we lived a mile nearer the city .......

Agree, rather fortunate to have fast speed where I live and streams do get knocked over from time to time. Still have managed to get to a few games this season and viewed the rest online. We don''t have any local pubs showing Norwich games up here (I think).

[quote user="Canarino"]Fife Canary, you sound like someone who has never had to contend with extra-slow broadband - and we live just 2 miles outside a large city. Can''t even run little 2-minute clips from YouTube, let alone live streaming of a match! If we lived a mile nearer the city .......[/quote]

Sounds spookily familiar Canarino .  If anyone tries to tell you that it''s only the UK that suffers from snail''s pace ADSL, don''t believe them. Just as bad here in S France.

As far as Canary Player goes, it tends to start at about  15H10 here (about 2.10 pm in UK) . Never any problem , until about 15 mins before the final whistle when very often the service packs up. Last Sat, v WBA was a case in point, which was very frustrating, having just gone 2-1 up . I had to watch Final Score on the Beeb to keep up.

I''ve used Canaries Player for quite a few seasons to listen to every match.  I think it provides an excellent service.  The only problem I had recently was sorted by my local computer guy - it caused buffering and breaks in commentary - but was definitely caused by my computer and not Canaries Player itself.  As soon as he had sorted out whatever was causing the problem it was perfect again.I use Firefox - not sure if that would make a difference.  If you like the Radio Norfolk commentary then it is brilliant.

I think it''s great value for money even without the commentary, get to watch extended highlights of all games plus lots of interviews and features (such as McVeigh meets).  I probably use the commentary feature around 10 times a season for away games, get fed up watching on a stream with adverts etc. and you can also get on with other things.

usually starts at 2pm for me, get the news then straight over to the presenters, but was very late starting last saturday so maybe a technical problem. wouldn''t be without it, streaming is very patchy for me, haven''t seen a full match yet an often unable to get anything at all.