Sign in to follow this  
BarclayCanary (Former HDDH)

Wolves Game Predictions and News

According to a newspaper report:

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2011/12/19/wolves-pair-to-miss-norwich-clash/

Both O''hara and Edwards are missing, to me O''Hara is probably one of there best players in the middle of the park.

I have just seen the Wolves forum and they think they are going to get a 2-0 win or a 0-0 draw.

Lambert just said on Norfolk Radio he wants the team to silence the Wolves crowd, I can see a 4-4-2 being played which would be positive :)

My predicition is a 2-0 win, with Holt and Russell Martin the scorers :)

Thoughts? :)

In m opinion O''Hara has been their best player along with Fletcher so it''s a bonus he won''t be available, also with Edwards out also I think we stand a better of chance of Fox running the midfield for us.

I''ll go for our first clean sheet in a narrow 1-0 win, Morison to score.

If we perform at our usual level I think we can upset their fragile confidence. They do blow hot and cold during matches - and we usually are quite consistent in attitude - so I''m hopeful of a win.

[quote user="Ben "]Wolves 1-3 Norwich - Holt double and Wesley to bang one in from 30 yards.[/quote]

Wes cant kick a ball 30 yards!

2-0 City, 1 each from Morison and Holt, either side of halt time

It''s games like this that make me really appreciate the value of points away at the likes of Everton and Liverpool and also wins like QPR and Newcastle - all of which could feasibly have not gone our way.

The pressure is really on Wolves, but I wouldn''t really say it''s on us. It''s a big game for us, no doubt about that, but if we lose we''ve just got a bit more work to do than if we win and puts us under a bit more pressure for our next two home games. If Wolves lose however, Mick McCarthy might lose his job and all the fans will be assuming relegation is a foregone conclusion.

In my opinion that will make a massive difference to the ability of each side to play to their potential. I think they will really come at us early on, but if we hold them off then they will get tense and either way, I think we''ll have chances.

An interesting game coming up, and I can''t wait!

OTBC

[quote user="CDMullins"]

[quote user="Ben "]Wolves 1-3 Norwich - Holt double and Wesley to bang one in from 30 yards.[/quote]

[/quote]Haha, yeah I would be surprised if a shot from Wes from 30 yards even reached the goalline!What is everyone thinking about the lineup tomorrow.I would go the same team but with Bennet and Pilky in for Wes and Surman. i think these two will cause a lot more problems for Wolves, lets get some pace on the pitch and run at Wolves, getting some wide crosses in for the two on fire big men. Bennet can also aid in defending against Jarvis, my favourite Wolves player

[quote user="Ben "]Errr Southampton home? Leicester home? And have scored plenty of screamers with him on FIFA ;)[/quote]

Couldnt reach 12 yards against Preston

[quote user="priceyrice"][quote user="CDMullins"]

[/quote]

Haha, yeah I would be surprised if a shot from Wes from 30 yards even reached the goalline!

What is everyone thinking about the lineup tomorrow.

I would go the same team but with Bennet and Pilky in for Wes and Surman. i think these two will cause a lot more problems for Wolves, lets get some pace on the pitch and run at Wolves, getting some wide crosses in for the two on fire big men. Bennet can also aid in defending against Jarvis, my favourite Wolves player
[/quote]

Jarvis is their dangerman no doubt about it. He led to Woodgate getting subbed after about 20 mins on Saturday! We definitely can''t line up narrow for this one, if we do the result will be the same as the Villa game with loads of balls fizzing across our 6 yard box one will go in eventually.

Got a bad feeling about this one , Wolves targeted 4 points from the Stoke and Norwich games and got nothing against Stoke so they will be putting everything in against us , add that to everybody expecting a Norwich win and its just a recipe for disaster.

I just typed out a message saying we should go 4-5-1, but on reflection, I think I''d rather see a proper 4-4-2 with no Hoolahan.

Usual back 5, Holt and Morison up front, and then Bennett, Pilks, Johnson and Fox across the middle.

I''d be worried about a diamond midfield with Jarvis in their team and you just can''t drop Holt at the moment but Morison would have to be the starter if only 1 up front I think.

I don''t think we''re good enough (and nor is Lambert stupid enough) to think that we can ignore opponents strengths and line up as we like.

[quote user="Canary Man of Kent"]

I just typed out a message saying we should go 4-5-1, but on reflection, I think I''d rather see a proper 4-4-2 with no Hoolahan.

Usual back 5, Holt and Morison up front, and then Bennett, Pilks, Johnson and Fox across the middle.

I''d be worried about a diamond midfield with Jarvis in their team and you just can''t drop Holt at the moment but Morison would have to be the starter if only 1 up front I think.

I don''t think we''re good enough (and nor is Lambert stupid enough) to think that we can ignore opponents strengths and line up as we like.

[/quote]Interesting you put Johnson in the lineup Canary man. I have held in in high regard since he joined, but recent weeks have seen him go off the boil a little. i actually put the blame for the goal against Everton on him, he was just sooooo slow and Drenthe (i think) just lost him with two touches, this was done on a good few occasions in the space of 10 mins on Saturday. On his day though i think Johnson offers us a bit more than crofts, but on recent performances i think Crofts deserves to keep his place.

[quote user="priceyrice"][quote user="Canary Man of Kent"]

[/quote]

Interesting you put Johnson in the lineup Canary man. I have held in in high regard since he joined, but recent weeks have seen him go off the boil a little. i actually put the blame for the goal against Everton on him, he was just sooooo slow and Drenthe (i think) just lost him with two touches, this was done on a good few occasions in the space of 10 mins on Saturday. On his day though i think Johnson offers us a bit more than crofts, but on recent performances i think Crofts deserves to keep his place.
[/quote]

I feel that Johnson uses the ball a little better than Crofts. I must say, I''ve missed the last couple of games though so I''m willing to defer to the judgement of those that have been at the most recent games.

The last away game I went to was Villa, and a major turning point in the game for me was Johnson going off injured and crofts coming on.

I''d be surprised if we didn''t go 4-5-1 for this one.

Jarvis is their big threat and we must keep him quiet. If he plays well, Wolves play well.

[quote user="Canary Man of Kent"][quote user="priceyrice"][quote user="Canary Man of Kent"]

[/quote]

Interesting you put Johnson in the lineup Canary man. I have held in in high regard since he joined, but recent weeks have seen him go off the boil a little. i actually put the blame for the goal against Everton on him, he was just sooooo slow and Drenthe (i think) just lost him with two touches, this was done on a good few occasions in the space of 10 mins on Saturday. On his day though i think Johnson offers us a bit more than crofts, but on recent performances i think Crofts deserves to keep his place.
[/quote]

I feel that Johnson uses the ball a little better than Crofts. I must say, I''ve missed the last couple of games though so I''m willing to defer to the judgement of those that have been at the most recent games.

The last away game I went to was Villa, and a major turning point in the game for me was Johnson going off injured and crofts coming on.

[/quote]

I think the opposit MOK, I feel BJ breaks the game up and wins posession back better than Crofts, but Crofts keeps the ball better.

I find BJ frustrating, he always looks for the killer ball or long pass, which rarely comes off. He could be one hell of a player if he won the ball and kept it, he could be our Makelele

Apparently, the BIG story is that Andrew Surman, despite being useless, will play yet another full 90 minutes (without making any discernible contribution).

Mungo

I''ll go for a draw again, logically, possibly 1-1, but my heart says that we may nick it narrowly - say 2-1 to us. I do not think that we shall lose, but a win may be just too much for us. Wolves have struggled, but sooner or later they will produce the goods, hopefully not against us.

Wolves are up for it - I live only 20 miles from Wolverhampton, and if we are ready and play to ability, it should be a good game.

It has always been one of those grounds where we seem to fail to turn up, with the odd exception.

I''m hoping that isn''t the case this year especially as i have been invited into one the the Wolves boxes by a client.