Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

Would Chelsea be interested in Lambert?

This would have been a crazy suggestion not very long ago. But how long do we give AVB in 2012?

The Siberian despot will be getting fidgety and no-one can know or be surprised by any appointment he makes these days. If he could appoint AVB in the first place you could make as good or better a case for Lambert. He, for a start, knows what it takes to win the Champs League.

I think they will have learned from AVB that perhaps they don''t have the luxury of giving managers time. They need someone to have an instant impact. I don''t think Lambert''s that manager yet at that high a level.

If they''re willing to give a manager time then they have to stick with AVB. If not, they need to get Hiddink or Mourinho back.

Either way, they have to realise that the Chelsea squad isn''t a patch n the quality they had three or four years ago and they need to rebuild.

If Chelsea sack AVB, it will be to get an manager capable of instant success. I think Abramovic has realised he needs to give the manager some time to build up a squad/team, and I think thats why they have AVB, sacking him to replace with Lambert would make no sense what so ever.

Two points to make there.

1. They do want instant success and because of Mourinho, they''re deluded in to thinking it''s possible. In the Premier League it isn''t. Jose was a one off exception.

2. Chelsea making a managerial decision that makes no sense whatsoever? Surely that can''t happen!

Anyway, I hope you''re right!

I think AVB will keep his job for the rest of the season, but nothing less than winning the Champions League will enable him to stay beyond that.I don''t think Lambert is a "Chelsea-type" manager. He will eventually go to Man Utd when Fergie retires, which may be less than the three years quoted yesterday.[:(]

[quote user="Power Hamster"]I think AVB will keep his job for the rest of the season, but nothing less than winning the Champions League will enable him to stay beyond that.

I don''t think Lambert is a "Chelsea-type" manager. He will eventually go to Man Utd when Fergie retires, which may be less than the three years quoted yesterday.[:(]
[/quote]

But will he want to go there? In 3 years he will have us pushing for a Champions League spot [:D]

Unless Norwich win the Europa league, FA Cup or Premiership anytime in the next three years, I can''t see Paul Lambert gaining a job with a top six Premier league team in the next few years. It is not that I think he isn''t good enough as I think he is a very special manager, it is the fact that he simply is not a big enough name to satisfy the fans or the press. The same mentality seemed to bring Mike Walker down when he had the Everton job, he just was not a big enough name. I hope that we can continue to keep Paul Lambert happy for a few more seasons, but I am not daft enough to believe that he will stay here for ever. When the time comes for him to leave, I can see him going to a club like , Sunderland  or Fulham where expectations are not so high or he may fancy a try in Germany.

If AVB leaves Chelsea, he will be replaced by Hiddink and Man Utd will replace Fergie with Jose Mourinho or possibly Ole Gunnar Solksjaer as he could be the only ex Man U player with any kind of a managerial pedigree when the time comes.

Can you see Paul Lambert in a versace suit with designer stubble?

Lambert wouldn''t fit at chelsea, I think its very unlikely they''d consider him.

Makes no sense to sack AVB at the moment anyway, the group of players he''s inherited are coming to the end of their career''s.

He''s got some good youngsters in Sturridge and Romeu, brought in Mata and Merieles too who until his sending off against Swansea actually saw Torres regain some resemblance of form.

Whoever Chelsea get it won''t be a quick fix.

All the noises coming out of Chelsea suggest they are happy to stick with AVB - even if they fail to qualify for the Champion''s League next season. Remember this is a guy who was at Chelsea before and worked with Jose at the club - he has a good relationship with Roman. With the rise of Man City there was a rethink at Chelsea about what their expectations are and how they need to run the club in order to achieve success - no longer can they spend their way out of trouble (this is a large part of the reasoning behind bringing in AVB).Also, it shouldn''t be assumed that Roman is the man behind all the sackings - Frank Arnsen had a lot of control at Chelsea and he fell out with Ancelotti in a big way; resulting in them both leaving the club.If AVB was to be kicked out, the replacement won''t be Lambert, but it also won''t be Big Gus - he''s stated he doesn''t want to manage a club again and anyway what has Hiddink achieved in the last few years?

Armchair Follower - possibly Ole Gunnar Solksjaer as he could be the only ex Man U player with any kind of a managerial pedigree when the time comes

What are Mark Hughes, Steve Bruce, Paul Ince?

They may not have been incredibly successful but at the moment Solskjaer has been managing for 1 year and 2 months in the Norwegian league. So 4 years experience max when the time comes. I wouldn''t say that''s pedigree I''m afraid.

Whoever United get in will be in a lose lose situation I fear unless they manage to get someone who the fans will allow time. They''re no Chelsea but how much time would United fans really give a manager these days if they can''t continue Fergie''s legacy?

What are Hughes, Bruce and Ince ?

Unemployed ex Man Utd players with a doubtful pedigree as managers. Solksjaer is only beginning his career as a Manager and probably would not be given a chance, yet. I very much doubt that Man Utd will appoint anyone in British football to take over the most difficult job, replacing Fergie.

The job will go to Mourinho, or Guardiola because they are glamorous names with a proven record on the European stage.