Sign in to follow this  
ZLF

Striking solution

Why not add Wor Les Ferdinand to our squad for the rest of the season? He has forgotten more about premier finishing than Leon will ever learn, has scored as many goals as Leon from just 1 start and 11 brief sub appearances at Bolton.What have we got to lose?OTBC

he''s still another body that we need at the moment. give him til the end of the season. it cant be a bad thing signing him.

Like James I would not see him as our only signing but given our run of injuries and lack of cutting edge he would given us something different from the current suggestions and squad and he has never failed to score in this league doing so in a worse Leicester side than we are last season. I see him as a no lose option if we can attract him ahead of soton etc.OTBC

As Neil Adams said yesterday on the radio- you have to wonder why a team like Bolton are releasing him. I doubt he''s the answer.

I agree with Tumblewood.  Bolton aren''t flying particularly high now and it makes you wonder why they have released him.  

Les had a clause in his contract the would force the release - he wants more football than he is getting and cant see any more games than he is currently getting by staying at Bolton. Davies and Pedersen were scoring so it would be hard for him to push for a start (not the case here we dont do scoring strikers, or defending defenders for that matter). Big Sam is now looking at Bulykin the russian striker on loan.However its not that Bolton are letting him go, he is walking away to get a game.OTBC

Ferdinand asked to leave Bolton for some reason though didn''t he, rather than being shown the door? Could be any one of many reasons. Whatever the reason, I personally think he could do a good job for us and his experience would be very useful. Whether his wages are reasonable is something altogether different.

I think he would be worth a shot.  He left Bolton cos he wants be closer to home apparentley.  I''m guessing his home must be somewhere south London, Kent etc, so surely if he played for leicester we''re not much further than them.

Worth a go i reckon, but Reading are also intrested.

OTBC

He''s gone from Bolton as his contract would be reviewed at the end of 2004, Ferdinand was commuting to Bolton from London via helicopter and had enough of it

He wud be a gud buy, i know he''s not the quickest but he would be good winning things in the air and holding the ball up, look at the liverpool game, a few times the ball hoofed up to mckenzie and what chance has he against the likes of hyypia, campbell, terry, ferdinand ! Just imagine those flick ons to hucks n jonson ! And dint e get 11 goals last season for leicester ! Just a thought !