Sign in to follow this  
Canary Boy

How much is Paul McVeigh worth? Couldn't we do a deal?

I''m sure one or two of us are thinking this. I do not know what the price of McVeigh is...1 Million, 1.5, 2 Million? His is a Premiership player and an International if nothing else!

Surely with McVeigh in part-exchange, we COULD secure the services of Dean Ashton. I''m sure you''ve noticed but even with our recent injury crisis, McVeigh hasn''t even been on the bench. Is he injured or just not part of Worthy''s plans anymore?

Paul McVeigh did a very brave thing a couple of months ago by saying he wanted to give up his International career in order to establish himself as a regular Norwich City player. The result? Apart from that wonder-strike at Old Trafford, we''ve hardly seen him.

Come on Nigel and the Board...do the deal we all want!!!

Sounds good to me.  As you say he hasn''t been on the bench for the last couple of weeks so won''t be missed.

Just wish any signings would get a move on!! 

Why couldn''t worthington work out a deal where we pay some money now, and some at the end of the season for Ashton, if he wants him soo bad!!

If we were to get relegated the money could come out of the parachute payments, and if we stay up ten no problem!!!!

Oh, and not sure if Mcveigh would be worth that much fella!!

There is something very puzzling about the lack of Paul McVeigh 1st team action recently.

Against Middlesbrough, when Worthy was bemoaning injuries and lack of experience, he was left on the bench whilst Jarvis started (no disrespect to Ryan) and, yesterday, he didn''t even make the bench.

Neil Adams mentioned, during the Radio Norfolk phone in, the WLU was on the pitch with the rest of the players doing the post match warm down.

Hardly sounds like a player out injured !!!

Are you having a laugh that Mcveigh is worth more 1.5 million. I would say he is worth 750k at the most but id say we''d maybe struggle to get half a million for him. But i agree try and get rid of him as part of swap deal.

[quote]Are you having a laugh that Mcveigh is worth more 1.5 million. I would say he is worth 750k at the most but id say we''d maybe struggle to get half a million for him. But i agree try and get rid of him...[/quote]

Totally agree Yella Fella

But how about near 500k for him ? what has he really ever done? he is too small and does not exactly change the game when he comes on does he?

sorry, but i dont want to sell WLY!!!!

remember manu..... remember manu........

So £500k off a £3m asking price for Ashton. It helps, but we are still a way off.

What has happened to him? 2 seasons ago he was IMO our best player. Remember the goals from outside the box, the overheads kicks, etc. How many did he score tht season - 15?

I quote my first post..

"I don''t know how much he''s worth...1 Million, 1.5, 2M?"

Don''t everybody jump on my back, I was asking!

Afraid having a couple of decent seasons a couple of years ago doesn''t do too much to his value today.

To be honest, he''s spent the last yr on the bench at best, and doesn''t even start for NI when he played for them

We''ll be lucky to get 250k for him. Could see him go to a reasonable Championship team, - ie, West Ham, Wolves, Forest....