Sign in to follow this  
CDMullins

Jarvis-Spillane

For those of you that havnt seen it, Jarvis was sent off for a pretty nasty looking elbow on Spillane on Saturday

Jarvis had only been on the pitch 5 minutes, it looked almost pre-meditated to me. No aplogies, no handshake after.

Makes you wonder if there were bad blood between the pair whilst they were at City

Definitely a deliberate elbow from Jarvis - very nasty.

Given that he''d only recently came on as a sub (so there hadn''t been much of a build up during the game before that) makes you think that it might well be personal.

Seen them talking to eachother on twitter about it, Jarvis seemed to joke about it and then apologise, Spillane seemed fine about it. Not sure why though, that looked horrendous!

[quote user="CDMullins"]Can you post a couple of the quotes for the non-twiterers?[/quote]

Yeah sure, the first one is, "Gutted with sending off yesterday on Mickey Spillane. No intention whatsovever, but it doesn''t look good on video". The second tweet about it says, "Hope Your head is ok @mickeyboy_7, it should be as I hardly caught you, #screamlikeagirl". To which Spillane replies, "@jarvy14 Hahahaha wreckless man pay your fine x"

Not really the greatest grammar from either of them, I don''t know whether Spillane''s tweet means, ''Don''t worry about it, you''re fine'', or, ''just pay the fine''. Either way he didn''t seem too bitter about it, but it certainly did look very intentional.

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]I dunno, looks like a six and two threes tussle to me. I think most refs would have waved play on..[/quote]

I wouldn''t want to play in a game you were reffing! [H]