Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Messiah

Simeon Jackson Take A Bow

You can get question Jackson''s ability to score goals at the top, but his work ethic is exceptional and he put in a brilliant shift when he came on today.

I think he Holt and Crofts completely changed the dynamic of the team when they came on. Crofts came on for David Fox who had a shocker, he pulled out of a number of challengers and generally when he plays poorly the team plays poorly but the introduction of Crofts livened up the midfield and gave it a driving force. To be honest Blackburn probably deserved to win and look a good team with talented players such as Hoillet and Samba who would not look out of place at a Arsenal or a Chelsea but in the stewardship of Steve Kean the only way is down.

Yeah, the three subsitutions all had a big influence on the game. I was especially impressed with Jackson, wasn''t expecting much other than a couple of snap shots in the box maybe from him today. But he certainly did a lot more than that.

Hopefully he will get some more game time in the next few games and can continue to perform.

As I have said on another thread I beleive it was Jackson from our side and Kean from theirs who changed the game. Keans bizzare decision to replace his forwards with defenders simply allowed us the opportunity to attack ( please dont sack him yet Venkies ).

Now I have seen the penalty in a replay I have to say its embarrassing that it was awarded but thats life makes up for some of the strange decisions against us. I also appreciate that Bennetts tackle seemed to get the ball but once the ref decided a freekick for dangerous play we were lucky it was not a red card.

Jackson, Holt and Croft all did enough to deserve a starting position for next week. I think we need to shake it up a little bit, some of our guys didn''t seem to have that ''edge'' to their game on Saturday and maybe a change in line up will keep everybody on their toes and fighting for a place in the team.  The settled first eleven have delivered exceptional results since the Bolton win but in the last couple of games I think the dynamic improved after the second-half substitutions. Perhaps a change will give us that little lift. 

I was impressed with Jackson yesterday because of his workrate and the extra element he gave to the team which Blackburn found harder to cope with!

I said earlier this season that Jackson has been very unlucky not to have featured more because of how he ended last season and a certain other striker not as effective has had more opportunities.

Nice to have the Holt and Jackson options sitting on the bench!

Agreed all of the subs were fantastic when they came on yesterday. It goes without saying that a strong subs bench is just as important as a strong starting 11. Lambert has got his tatics right once again.

I guess yesterday was always going to be like that... Look at last season - Donny and Preston. Looked at as easy games and concequently our game isnt as good as normal! I expect a all round better performance next week, although I dont think we played badly yesterday, just not as sharp as we have been in previous games.

Jackson was excellent when he came on.  He was prepared to run at players which no-one else in our team did yesterday.  I''ve been a little bit dissapointed with Bennett as an attacking force the last few games so if we''re going to stick with this formation, maybe give Jackson a go out wide next week?  He played their for Canada recently and got a hat-trick!  Obviously he would need to track back (which Bennett does brilliantly) or we could be left a little over-exposed.

Those substitutions should have been made when we were still 1-1

The game plan of getting the ball out to

Pilks and Bennett to cross was getting us nowhere and looked tired. We looked frightened to shoot or even attack through the middle.

We sometimes need a player with the ''guile'' of Holt who can win free kicks and counter the gamesmanship of the opponents. I don''t think Blackburn, as much as sat back as we pushed forward more.

Not often I would have to admit but I think Lambert misjudged this one

Lambert simply knows the value of winning and is prepared to chase a game - such attacking subs; and every player in the squad knows that they will get a chance.

Judging when to do that is tough - at 1-1 it was tight but had we taken the chances we had we could have been ahead then all the criticism would have disappeared; elliotts poor shot in the first half and BJs poor header in the second; score them and its a different story.

He''s a great lad and like lambert says its a team game and it will be nice to get some of the fringe players on towards the end of the season all refreshed he came on leaps and bounds at the end of last season and I''m sure lambert will knowe exactly what he''s doing in regards to not playing players all season long