Sign in to follow this  
Number 9

QPR

On the other hand I could point out that this weekend, we scored the same number of goals, and picked up the same number of points, as QPR......Not that I would of course[:)]

That game would have been better for us if it was a draw.  Both teams are likely to be towards the bottom end come the end of the season so I''d rather both teams get a point rather than one getting all 3.

I dont kno if I am tempting fate writing this (sorry) but I delighted that so far we havent been embaressed by our score lines. Only lost by a 2 goal margin. Not bad when we have played both Chelsea and Man U. Bring on the rest so we can show em what were made of!!

[quote user="curly_whirly_tipz"]I dont kno if I am tempting fate writing this (sorry) but I delighted that so far we havent been embaressed by our score lines. Only lost by a 2 goal margin. Not bad when we have played both Chelsea and Man U. Bring on the rest so we can show em what were made of!![/quote]I was a bit embarrassed to see us miss so many scoring chances. We are only going to shake off the "brave little Norwich" tag when we start taking our chances coolly and clinically, like a "proper" Premier League team.

[quote user="Boyo"]That game would have been better for us if it was a draw.  Both teams are likely to be towards the bottom end come the end of the season so I''d rather both teams get a point rather than one getting all 3.[/quote]

It was better QPR losing IMO as they cheated to be here and deserve relegation.  I certainly don''t see Fulham being anywhere near being relegated if they have Zamora and Johnson fit for most of this season.

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="Boyo"]That game would have been better for us if it was a draw.  Both teams are likely to be towards the bottom end come the end of the season so I''d rather both teams get a point rather than one getting all 3.[/quote]

It was better QPR losing IMO as they cheated to be here and deserve relegation.  I certainly don''t see Fulham being anywhere near being relegated if they have Zamora and Johnson fit for most of this season.

[/quote]

No, we didn''t cheat as you well know if you read all the details but you keep on moaning about it as long as you like if it makes you happy, it won''t change anything.

We accept we''d get thumped from time to time, that''s the nature of the Premiership, may even happen to you occasionally, although Chelsea, Spuds and then Man City at the end of the month looked more likely for our bad games.

Our biggest problem is scoring goals, can we swap Bothroyd with somebody.

[quote user="yellowarmy"]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]How did QPR cheat?[/quote]

Maybe he is talking about Alejandro Faurlin?

[/quote]

Some people do indeed have very short memories.....

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="yellowarmy"]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]How did QPR cheat?[/quote]

Maybe he is talking about Alejandro Faurlin?

[/quote]

Some people do indeed have very short memories.....

[/quote]

And others have memories that continue to see things that aren''t or weren''t there.

We have fickle fans the same as eveybody else. We''re either Champions League candidates or relegation fodder who won''t get 10 points depending on 1 result

Fortunately the majority are more realistic and 17th place would be acceptable, with good days and bad days along the way.

Don''t know what Taarabt did yesterday after he got subbed, won''t be the first or last time the toys leave the pram unfortunately. By all accounts Barton should have been subbed before him, that might have been lively too.

Colin made me smile when he said that its just one of those days, happens ocasionally.

So you had one of those days on the first day of the season and again on matchday 7, at least thats only every sixth game.

I''m feeling a smug snigger coming on.......

Quiet? It was brilliant at Fulham, even the cottaging message boards acknowledge how they were outsung when 6-0 up. On the pitch we were comically awful, then again half the defence didn''t even make it to the starting line up. We''ve got a couple of weeks to prepare for Blackburn at home, injuries and suspensions should have cleared up by then. We''re having fun and we''ll be back. And win or loose, we''ll have a laugh. XX

[quote user="Lucien"]Quiet? It was brilliant at Fulham, even the cottaging message boards acknowledge how they were outsung when 6-0 up. On the pitch we were comically awful, then again half the defence didn''t even make it to the starting line up. We''ve got a couple of weeks to prepare for Blackburn at home, injuries and suspensions should have cleared up by then. We''re having fun and we''ll be back. And win or loose, we''ll have a laugh. XX[/quote]

Well said mate. There''s a long way to go before the bottom three is finalised. Those places are still all up for grabs, as are the top four places.