Sign in to follow this  
ryan1992

Michael Owen Twitter

Saw that - he''s right about the weather too - pi55ing down here!!

We''ll have an even better chance of staying up when he decides he''s earned enough in his career, doesn''t need the money and fancies a challenge here in January ;-)

[quote]We''ll have an even better chance of staying up when he decides he''s earned enough in his career, doesn''t need the money and fancies a challenge here in January ;-)[/quote]I did just that on Fifa 12. He''s still got it! [A]

[quote user="Unhinged Canary"][quote]We''ll have an even better chance of staying up when he decides he''s earned enough in his career, doesn''t need the money and fancies a challenge here in January ;-)[/quote]I did just that on Fifa 12. He''s still got it! [A][/quote]Same. A snip at £2.5m.

I honestly think we''ll sign a ''name'' in January if we''re still around mid-table and looking a good bet to stay up. I can''t see the management and board sitting back and not wanting to continue moving forwards and bringing an experienced player like Owen or whoever could well help attract further experience in the summer.

We''ll have an even better chance of staying up when he decides he''s

earned enough in his career, doesn''t need the money and fancies a

challenge here in January ;-)Ha yes, I tweeted him much the same thing !!! - no answer yet :(

He''s lost his speed and can''t play more than 20 minutes a game. Also he only scores in cups and usually against shite teams (Leeds).

I read a report of the Stoke game where he had to come on after 10 minutes because of injury which said that Man U would''ve been better off playing the rest of the game with 10 men.

I hear he''s a nice guy and its nice he said nice things about us but he''d do nothing for us. Where would he fit in to our formation?

Come January I hope we sign a good striker, but I want one who is scoring goals, not one that did so 5 years ago.

Some people have said it''s about the money on here and pundits. I actually dont think it is, i think he''s being realistic in knowing he cant play a full season and probably not even a couple of games in the space of a week. So what better club to be at than Man U and be involved in possibly winning things.

He''d be a bad signing imo for us and i think we''d be the wrong team for him too. Not that we''d pay anywhere near the wages he''ll be on.

Don''t think Michael Owen would fit into PL''s scheme of things. PL seems to like hungry, younger players who are prepared to learn.

Michael Owen, for all his experience and goal scoring is at the opposite end of the scale. Better to spend money on an up and coming player who would benefit the club longer term and in possible sell on fees.

Nice of MO to confirm what we all know though!!

He''ll never come to us - PL won''t want him as he will upset the wage structure, and he won''t want to come as he''s a family man and its too far away.I''ll wager he''s Everton bound.Owen aside, sometimes I think we would benefit from a "bigger" name striker with Premier experience - not just to tuck them away regularly, but also as help for the youinger players at the club.I''m racking my brain who though - Kevin Davies?,  Ricardo Fuller? Surely not Heskey?

[quote user="ryan1992"]Quite a few posts down, as he seems to post every 10 minutes! [/quote]

It must only be a matter of time until he breaks a metacarpal bone while typing and is out for another 5 years.