Sign in to follow this  
YellowBlood

Adeyemi

Whilst in the youth team together I felt Tom Adeyemi was a better prospect than Korey Smith.

Obviously Korey has gone on and made more of an impact but it''s worth remembering he''s a year older. I''ve always felt it was a case of Adeyemi maturing a bulking up physically and he seems to have done so now.

At just 19 he still has the potential to go on and make an impact at City. Whilst we''re a Premier League side he will probably have to stay out on loan but if we were to go down I think he can break into the side next season.

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Whilst in the youth team together I felt Tom Adeyemi was a better prospect than Korey Smith. Obviously Korey has gone on and made more of an impact but it''s worth remembering he''s a year older. I''ve always felt it was a case of Adeyemi maturing a bulking up physically and he seems to have done so now. At just 19 he still has the potential to go on and make an impact at City. Whilst we''re a Premier League side he will probably have to stay out on loan but if we were to go down I think he can break into the side next season.[/quote]

Agree with most of thast Trent. I''ve always thought he is a great prospect and I''ve been taking a big interest in his performances for Oldham. It seems he is mentally stronger this season to go with his physical strength. He''s obviously a popular player by his team mates reaction when he scored. His manager keeps saying good things about him. I have high hopes that he can be a Premier League player in the future.

A Norwich boy too[Y]

Anyone tried googling "Adeyemi"?

It brings up a list of baby names, and it turns out the name is African and means "The crown fits me".

Sounds promising. Only thing is, it''s a girl''s name.

For me a much better prospect and player than Korey Smith and have been saying that since Korey became a regular in the league 1 campaign.

Still think the best recommendation is from Lambert himself who said that T.A. would be playing first team football with us this season if we had not gone up. He seemed to have a good pre-season and I can''t wait to see him in the first team squad next year.

Korey on the other hand needs to go on loan and develop his game quickly, don''t really know what type of midfielder he is.

He is not a pacey winger or a flair type midfielder, He does not have the real grit of a robust tackling midfielder. He has a good engine and can support play but I cannot see there be one particular strength. Hence his lack of game time last year and hence captaining the reserves.

This will help him tho, captaining the reserves, but lets hope it puts him in the shop window for January''s loan market. He needs to develop some of his game, again another player who has been a victim of our rapid success.

I can''t see him playing first 11 championship football but from the bench he can come in, hence a move to a league 1 team again would get him first team football.

But T.A. will have a good season and like I say I look forward to him playing for us next season from the bench.

I think Tom and Korey are both great prospects, and also very different types of midfielder. Hopefully when Korey gets back from his injury he can go out on loan and get some game time in the Championship. Somewhere like Millwall would be perfect for him for half a season. If we go down I''d hope to see them both playing quite a few games, and if we stay up then become bench regulars.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Tom''s just put Oldham ahead in the paint pot. Would be great if they got to Wembley with him [Y]

[/quote]

On behalf  of Tangible who i see posted on this thread when he was not using invisible ink can i just say....well done Adeyemi.[;)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Tom''s just put Oldham ahead in the paint pot. Would be great if they got to Wembley with him [Y]

[/quote]

On behalf  of Tangible who i see posted on this thread when he was not using invisible ink can i just say....well done Adeyemi.[;)]

[/quote]

I''ll drink to that