Sign in to follow this  
Salopian

Lukas Jutkiewicz

Two sites are reporting that PL''s attendance at Portaloo Road was to run the rule over Jutkiewicz. How do they know, or are they putting two and two together to make 20?

Does anybody know what sort of striker he is. He is apparentl;y only one year in to a three year contract at Coventry.

Age wise he seems to suit Lambert''s template, having been born in 1989. He seems to have time to develop! He has already played for Swindon, Everton and Coventry.

[quote user="Salopian"]Two sites are reporting that PL''s attendance at Portaloo Road was to run the rule over Jutkiewicz. How do they know, or are they putting two and two together to make 20? Does anybody know what sort of striker he is. He is apparentl;y only one year in to a three year contract at Coventry. Age wise he seems to suit Lambert''s template, having been born in 1989. He seems to have time to develop! He has already played for Swindon, Everton and Coventry.[/quote]

A dim memory from the game last season is that he played as a target man, but was quite mobile. He did score, which may be why those rumour sites are linking us with him. It may be no more than that. What is true that Middlesbrough were keen on him.

Started his pro-career with Swindon. Having putting in some impressive displays, he was signed by Everton when he was just 17.

A few loan spells followed, he did well at Motherwell and signed for Coventry last summer. As far as i''m aware he is 1 of the few players to have performed this season thus far, scoring 3 of the sides 4 goals.

Mobile, target man and at an age where he will continue improve. Worth a look.

They just added two and two together to make five. I highly doubt Lambert would be looking to sign him. A Coventry friend of mine says he''s rubbish. He went alot of games (around 20 I think) of not scoring in open play.

[quote user="SnakepitCanary"]They just added two and two together to make five. I highly doubt Lambert would be looking to sign him. A Coventry friend of mine says he''s rubbish. He went alot of games (around 20 I think) of not scoring in open play.[/quote]

Assuming Lambert was there to have a look at a player (or players) last night then he would be one I''d most expect him to be having a look at.

He''s quite a handy player, despite what you''re Coventry friend says.

He''s definitely got what it takes to compete at Championship level and perhaps someone with a sharp eye like Paul Lambert thinks there''s enough potential there to develop. On the other hand he might have thought that the guy isn''t quite good enough for what we need.

A decent player for sure though.

[quote user="ron obvious"]
Coventry''s other striker was far, far better last night, & very unlucky not to score. I wonder what Paul thought.

[/quote]

Yes, the powerful header from distance that he had that was headed off the line was exceptional. Also, he had another that he headed down into the ground that unfortunately bounced over the bar. Not bad for effectively his second pre-season game. Give him another 4 games to complete his ''pre-season'' and I think he will be up and running.

He''s also been linked with Crainey in the past but on their performance last night i''d be worried about any of those players. Maybe one or two as cover if we were still in the championship.

other half is a cov fan and this lad seems to be a crowd favourite. Good for them, not sure he could cut the mustard in the Prem. The last few times iv seen him he play he seems a bit lazy (when he loses the ball) and huffs a bit. Still the kind of player lambert is after? Doubtful.

[quote user="paul moy"]

Coventry''s other striker was far, far better last night, & very unlucky not to score. I wonder what Paul thought.

[/quote]

Yes, the powerful header from distance that he had that was headed off the line was exceptional. Also, he had another that he headed down into the ground that unfortunately bounced over the bar. Not bad for effectively his second pre-season game. Give him another 4 games to complete his ''pre-season'' and I think he will be up and running.

[/quote]

You just can''t give up, can you?

[quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You just can''t give up, can you?

[/quote]

If I''m asked a question in a polite way then I feel obliged to respond, just as I tend to completely ignore sarcastic posts.