Sign in to follow this  
fleckfan

we should've tried harder to get CMS

Craig Makail-Smith has made a great start to his career at Brighton.....i am starting to think he would have done a great job for us....jackson not up to it imo.....maybe Bellamy would come back?? Any thoughts?...OTBC

[quote user="fleckfan"]Craig Makail-Smith has made a great start to his career at Brighton.....i am starting to think he would have done a great job for us....jackson not up to it imo.....maybe Bellamy would come back?? Any thoughts?...OTBC[/quote]

Ask Marcus Evans to sign him then. [:|]

[quote user="fleckfan"]Craig Makail-Smith has made a great start to his career at Brighton.....i am starting to think he would have done a great job for us....jackson not up to it imo.....maybe Bellamy would come back?? Any thoughts?...OTBC[/quote]Think you will find not getinng CMS sent out a few messages.The main one being, We will not pay over the odds for your players.If we had bowed to Fry and spent 3-4m on CMS then you can bet Bennett, Pilkington and Morrison would have risen in price.Jackson is blatenly a form / confidence player. I was not a fan of his until he really impressed at the tail end of last season.To drop a lad who got us the points for Auto Promotion is not good.I hope he comes good and bringing him on vs Stoke was not a good idea as he was in headless chicken mode.

[quote user="marvin the martian"]Strange that most of the moaners have hardly any posts to their name[/quote]Dont think this post is a moan to be fair Marvin.

I think the way people have been going on today shows a complete lack of respect towards the squad that got us to the Premiership.

Just because we lost a meaningless game against MK Dons last night all the ''doom mongers'' have come out of the woodwork, and by the way fleckfan, the number of posts could mean one of two things, you are either a glory hunter who doesn''t understand the concept of football or you are already a registered user who didn''t want his ''record'' tarnished with this point of view.

Onto your jaded point of view then, what''s to say CMS would''ve done anything in the Premiership? This is EXACTLY the same as the Simeon Jackson/Cody McDonald argument AGAIN. (look where that ended up) People frustratingly (is that a word?) just not getting football, if a player is in a lower division scoring goals there''s no gauarentee they will do the business at a higher level.

I''d rather give a chance to the player who dominated when we gave him a fair chance at the end of last season.That said though that wasn''t the choice.. The choice was:Morison or CMS = Morison - because he looked really good at WiganVaughan or CMS = Vaughan - because he has pedigree and was proven at a higher level than CMSI''m not bothered at all we didn''t get him. We have lots of strikers.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="fleckfan"]Craig Makail-Smith has made a great start to his career at Brighton.....i am starting to think he would have done a great job for us....jackson not up to it imo.....maybe Bellamy would come back?? Any thoughts?...OTBC[/quote]Think you will find not getinng CMS sent out a few messages.The main one being, We will not pay over the odds for your players.If we had bowed to Fry and spent 3-4m on CMS then you can bet Bennett, Pilkington and Morrison would have risen in price.Jackson is blatenly a form / confidence player. I was not a fan of his until he really impressed at the tail end of last season.To drop a lad who got us the points for Auto Promotion is not good.I hope he comes good and bringing him on vs Stoke was not a good idea as he was in headless chicken mode.[/quote]Jackson won two headers against the man mountains of Huth, Woodgate and Shawcross in the 5 mins or so that he was on the pitch on Sunday, even putting one of them flat on their backs in the process.  As much as Holty and Martin achieved in 80+ mins of leading the line for us prior to that.For me the game was calling out for the pace of Jackson to be added to it in order to push Stoke back from around the 6o minute mark at the latest.Can''t believe that we took Bennett off either - the one thing that frightened Soke on Sunday was our pace going forwards.

[quote user="Herman "]Jackson has had one and a bit games and you have written him off. Hmmm....[/quote]So have quite a few others I think you will find. [&]

Hoskins and Barnes look better at Brighton to me and none of them are as good as the forwards we have here.Also expect that Brighton will be well over achieving if they finish the season in the top six.  I expect them to finish around 8th to 10th.