Sign in to follow this  
spencer 1970

mk dons carling cup thread

[quote user="G"]

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]The fans are entitled to boo because unlike a number of our players they actually turned up tonight.[/quote]

But what is booing actually doing? Making us look like we are pretty ungrateful to the players and that after 1 loss we don''t support them, if we had lost our last 4 and had just been relegated to league 1 i can understand it but after successive promotions these players have given there all for this club. I would have been going.

[/quote]Since when do we have to be in any way ''grateful'' to the players? We support them, but that doesn''t mean that we have to worship them when they don''t do their job well enough. We show our appreciation when they deserve it, we show our discontent when they don''t. What would the players expect? A standing ovation? That''s life, and if any of those players were watching their own favourite teams they wouldn''t be too happy either.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Amazing MK wanted to win through to the next round; surely progress in the cup will interfere with their promotion ambitions?[/quote]Doubt they will win automatic anyway, seen the size of their squad? They only have about 16 or 17 grown ups, not much more than Portsmouth did last year. They only have 6 defenders, and two of those are 19 and hardly ever played for their first team. In fact 7 of the 21 players that they currently have registered are forwards. Unless they make a good four of five signings, I would bet against them maintining their current form.

Jesus wept. It''s always the same bunch of spineless whiners who start gibbering at the first sign of adversity. Have you not learned anything in the last 2 years? Who gives a flying one about the Carling Cup? How much good did it do Birmingham? No doubt everyone on here would agree that losing 4-0 to the concrete hellhole Dons is not a great night''s work, but honestly it seems as though some of you are just waiting poised at your keyboards for the slightest opportunity to bring the rest of us down with your self-pitying nonsense. We don''t have the squad to sustain 2 cups and a League challenge, you''ll be thanking Lambo come May when we''re safely ensconced in mid-table and in p###ng all over Man City in the FA Cup final.

I''m abit disappointed with the result tbh, even if it is just the CC. The team we put out were still good enough to beat MK Dons at home, and it didn''t.

I understand fully that this is in no way our regular starting 11, but they are the players expected to cover injuries etc. It''s alittle worrying that Jackson and Wilbraham couldn''t hit a cows @r$e with a banjo, Rudd is our cover to Ruddy, and the defensive line-up was probably our strongest area tonight....and it leaked 4 goals from a league 1 team.

Still its the league that matters most I suppose so I''m not going to dwell on it. Just hope we don''t end up relying on tonights lot much in the future......

[quote user="LeJuge"]Am I the only person who finds this deeply worrying? These are players that we will have to rely on at times during this season.That''s 11 of our 25 men in the best league in the world. Lambert ALWAYS wants to win, all this not being bothered stuff is stupid, he would want to win if he was managing the under 8''s for a day in a friendly against Burton Albion under 8''s, he will be furious.In that team were the keeper that we have to rely on if Ruddy gets injured, the left back that we have to play if Tierney gets injured, a right back who everybody thought was one of our best players before getting ripped to shreds by Victor Moses, two of our only four fit centre backs, including one that we just paid more for than we spent on Grant Holt. A centre mid who people were tipping to be the next Charlie Adam, Hoolahan who is a first teamer, and Surman and Jackson who saw some action on Sunday. These aren''t players who aren''t going to get a look in, it wasn''t even our reserve squad, it was half of our first team squad. I think that it was a terrible result, I wasn''t there but the scoreline speaks for itself. How a team consisting of Martin, Whitbread, Smith, Fox, Hoolahan, Surman, and Jackson, can lose at home to a League one team is beyond me. Lambert will care, he will be bloody furious, and so should everybody who paid for a ticket. I don''t think that its the slightest bit disgusting that people booed them off, if you pay for a ticket then you have the right too, frankly. I should imagine that a few of them got some home truths. [/quote]

DittoCan''t understand why some of these players aren''t performing tonight and in the other games.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]I was being ironic Le Juge but you have reinforced my point - we have a larger squad who could use these games.[/quote]I was trying to reinforce your point, so it looks like your irony has been lost on me and my own point was lost on you :P

C''mon folks, lets pull together here. Surely we''re not all so unintelligent as to think that the players don''t realise that they didn''t put on a show for the supporters tonight?!?!. Booing just states the obvious and seriously damages morale - and we''re going to need that more than ever this season. Paul Lambert and the players have regularly stated how instrumental the supporters backing has been to the teams success, and that booing has a very negative effect on team morale - I''m afraid it strikes me as though we as supporters are particularly quick to jump on the teams back even after 2 years or so of some of our greatest success.

So yeah, some people payed a few quid tonight to see a poor performance but unfortunately that''s part and parcel of supporting a team, it happens to the best of the best, especially in cup matches - I personally treat NCFC as a supporter not a customer - so booing because I didn''t get my monies worth will never ever come into the equation.

OTBC

No real effort from the Norwich players, thought we might at least try to get a goal or two when we ere 3/4-0 down.

Really negative really, nothing positive from that game. Ayala off injured, heard someone behind me say Wes injured himself as well. Wasn''t any use in telling if any of the fringe players should get in the first team/bench, so really we might have well just conceded without playing....

P.S

I still didn''t boo the team, would never do that. I know why they didn''t try, and despite the fact there was no effort, they still don''t deserve to be booed, because all that breeds is negativity.

I feel sorry for the fans who turned up and paid money to watch the dross served up tonight, however, I cannot say I''m overly worried. Last year we lost to Leyton Orient during a poor performance in the FA Cup but this did not knock our confidence and we went on to win promotion. The players will know they have let themselves down tonight, they know they are better than that, I know it and so does Lambert; hopefully this will give them a sharp shock and I would rather they put in this type of performace in the Carling Cup than in the league; I genuinely don''t think we will ever witness a showing like that during the league under Lambert, that''s not to say we won''t ever suffer a heavy defeat against the top teams of course. Both Hoolahan and Ayala came off injured tonight, and that is exactly why I didn''t want a cup run. If we play like we did against Stoke, I believe we will survive in this league, but some players need to reflect on their performace tonight and will have to work hard to impress, just like they should have done tonight. In summary, I''m not dissapointed we are out of the cup, I don''t think this result will affect us badly but I do think the manner in which we lost needs to be addressed.

I felt sorry for Rudd tonight, he didn''t stand a chance with the garbage in front of him.

[quote user="alysha"]

I feel sorry for the fans who turned up and paid money to watch the dross served up tonight, however, I cannot say I''m overly worried. Last year we lost to Leyton Orient during a poor performance in the FA Cup but this did not knock our confidence and we went on to win promotion. The players will know they have let themselves down tonight, they know they are better than that, I know it and so does Lambert; hopefully this will give them a sharp shock and I would rather they put in this type of performace in the Carling Cup than in the league; I genuinely don''t think we will ever witness a showing like that during the league under Lambert, that''s not to say we won''t ever suffer a heavy defeat against the top teams of course. Both Hoolahan and Ayala came off injured tonight, and that is exactly why I didn''t want a cup run. If we play like we did against Stoke, I believe we will survive in this league, but some players need to reflect on their performace tonight and will have to work hard to impress, just like they should have done tonight. In summary, I''m not dissapointed we are out of the cup, I don''t think this result will affect us badly but I do think the manner in which we lost needs to be addressed.

[/quote]

Very well put - I''m glad there are a few people thinking rationally.  Had it been a league game I believe there is no way we would have capitulated like that.  In a meaningless cup game though there simply isn''t the motivation to come back when all that would be at stake is an unwanted replay, an irritating distraction from the League..  4-0 is embarrassing yes and it is upsetting for those that went tonight as alot of them probably don''t get too many opportunities to go to Carrow Road. I''m sure Lambert will make his feelings known but I don''t think anyone''s Norwich career has ended as a result of this game! Most of the players have nothing to prove to Lambert and will be firmly in his plans already.  A lot of them won us promotion from the Championship remember?! The result relects what was nothing more than a bad day at office which happens to all teams at some point and frankly couldn''t have been timed better for us in this important season. The only thing we should all be worrying about really is how fickle a portion of our fan base can be and the potential impact such ridiculous bouts of knee-jerk hysteria could have on our campaign.

G you said that Ayala was at fault for 2 goals in 2 games...I disagree.

even though I too thought this with K.Jones''s goal on sunday, if you look back it was actually de laet who lost his man and Ayala was left with 2 players.

Bad positioning from de laet unfortunately.

I''m not slagging him off as he''s prob the best defender we have.