Sign in to follow this  
Sim086

Mackail-Smith

I wanted CMS and think that he will do well, but I want Norwich to go all out and buy Maynard and Morison, that front line up would be immense. Come on PL, get them in, although I trust his judgement more than any other manager we have had.

[quote user="Gareth"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Gareth"]I find it quite humourous that the most stated qualities of CMS are his pace, work ethic and how he never gives the defence a moment to settle. Yet for half a season, Jackson did all these things and many fans offered him no support, strange that isn''t it?[/quote]You forgot to mention CMS was at the same time scoring plenty of goals, Simeon Jackson wasn''t.Not really strange is it ?[/quote]Firslty, two different levels CMS was scoring agianst teams like Exeter and Oldham whilst Jackson scored against teams like Watford, Portsmouth and Bristol City. Secondly I''d back Jackson to score as many goals as CMS in the current Peterborough team seeing as Jackson scored 14 goals in a poor Gillingham side often upfront by himself. CMS suddenly has one exceedingly good season at league 1 (which is no supprise as most of the P''boro team are good players at league 1) and he''s (apparently) exactly what we need! I find it incredibly frustrating that what CMS is so often praised for in League 1 is completly ignored in regard to Jackson when, frankly, both would score a similar ammount of goals at the same level.[/quote]I can''t disagree that the two players are operating at different levels. That said Jackson scored I think 13 goals for City last season, almost all coming in the final few weeks whereas CMS scored 35 and was the highest scorer in the whole country. CMS has been at Peterborough since the beginning of 2007 and has scored a total of 99 goals for Posh, 91 of them coming in the last three seasons which is some going at whatever level you''re playing. I would disagree that he''s a '' one season wonder ''. He also managed 10 League goals during Posh''s season in the Championship - when they were the worst team by some distance - so in that respect he''s only three Championship goals behind Jackson.Like many of us on here I did doubt that Jackson as a Norwich player had what it took to justify his transfer fee. On his end of season form he happily seems to have proved us doubters wrong, but, like CMS, he''s very much an unknown quantity at the top level. They might both come up short should both be playing in the Premiership next term.At the right price though I think CMS is still worth the gamble.......

[quote user="O.T.B.C"]I wanted CMS and think that he will do well, but I want Norwich to go all out and buy Maynard and Morison, that front line up would be immense. Come on PL, get them in, although I trust his judgement more than any other manager we have had.[/quote]There is absolutely NO WAY that we will be signing another two strikers on permanent deals.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Gareth"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Gareth"]I find it quite humourous that the most stated qualities of CMS are his pace, work ethic and how he never gives the defence a moment to settle. Yet for half a season, Jackson did all these things and many fans offered him no support, strange that isn''t it?[/quote]You forgot to mention CMS was at the same time scoring plenty of goals, Simeon Jackson wasn''t.Not really strange is it ?[/quote]Firslty, two different levels CMS was scoring agianst teams like Exeter and Oldham whilst Jackson scored against teams like Watford, Portsmouth and Bristol City. Secondly I''d back Jackson to score as many goals as CMS in the current Peterborough team seeing as Jackson scored 14 goals in a poor Gillingham side often upfront by himself. CMS suddenly has one exceedingly good season at league 1 (which is no supprise as most of the P''boro team are good players at league 1) and he''s (apparently) exactly what we need! I find it incredibly frustrating that what CMS is so often praised for in League 1 is completly ignored in regard to Jackson when, frankly, both would score a similar ammount of goals at the same level.[/quote]I can''t disagree that the two players are operating at different levels. That said Jackson scored I think 13 goals for City last season, almost all coming in the final few weeks whereas CMS scored 35 and was the highest scorer in the whole country. CMS has been at Peterborough since the beginning of 2007 and has scored a total of 99 goals for Posh, 91 of them coming in the last three seasons which is some going at whatever level you''re playing. I would disagree that he''s a '' one season wonder ''. He also managed 10 League goals during Posh''s season in the Championship - when they were the worst team by some distance - so in that respect he''s only three Championship goals behind Jackson.Like many of us on here I did doubt that Jackson as a Norwich player had what it took to justify his transfer fee. On his end of season form he happily seems to have proved us doubters wrong, but, like CMS, he''s very much an unknown quantity at the top level. They might both come up short should both be playing in the Premiership next term.At the right price though I think CMS is still worth the gamble.......

[/quote]I think that you got a bit muddled with your figures Graham?  He actually has 72 goals in all competitions in the last 3 seasons.Reasonable stats, but considering he was his teams main focal point in attack and played nearly every match during that time (with 2 of those seasons being spent in the 3rd tier), I think all of the strikers that we currently have on our books would''ve done at least as well under those circumstances.For me Morison would come cheaper and has far more to offer us in terms of being more of a target man and competition for Holty than Mackail-Smith.  Maynard would also be worth going for if we could interest him and Bristol City at the right price.