Sign in to follow this  
yellow hammer

Re: NORWICH should build a statue of Delia Smith at Carrow Road after promotion to the Premier League

[quote user="macclesfield canary"]What about the stadium being called THE DELIA ARENA ummm It sounds so great lol :-D[/quote]

Well now Maccie.. whether it''s a statue, an arena or even a plaque on the hotel saying "Cooks Corner" the fact remains it should be unveiled by those she loves the most. The fans. And who better than the Chairman of NCISA to perform this splendid task.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="macclesfield canary"]What about the stadium being called THE DELIA ARENA ummm It sounds so great lol :-D[/quote]

Well now Maccie.. whether it''s a statue, an arena or even a plaque on the hotel saying "Cooks Corner" the fact remains it should be unveiled by those she loves the most. The fans. And who better than the Chairman of NCISA to perform this splendid task.

[/quote]

Are you sure Nutty? Then it would be remembered for all time that "The Butler did it." Of course, if you could guarantee a "battalion" of pigeons could be on hand then I support your nomination. [:D] Incidentally, this is the second crack you''ve had at this line Nutty. Are you sure you''re not looking for an NCISA bite?

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Are you sure Nutty? Then it would be remembered for all time that "The Butler did it." Of course, if you could guarantee a "battalion" of pigeons could be on hand then I support your nomination. [:D] Incidentally, this is the second crack you''ve had at this line Nutty. Are you sure you''re not looking for an NCISA bite?

[/quote]

Correction. Make that a "squadron" of pigeons. Otherwise the esteemed Chairman may think he''s getting off easy.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

As if Yankee! If anything I was looking for an anti-Delia bite. The two things are not neccessarily connected but can be. Perhaps Crafty would like the honour[:)]

The statue isn''t really the point of the thread. I was amazed that anyone ever thought McNally was serious! The Sun article reminded me of something Wiz would post. The point of the thread was how highly the owners are thought of. McNally''s sentiments are echoed by many others throughout the football world.

[quote user="Yellow Rider"]

I was dubious about Peter Cullum but was disappointed that some proper negotiations seemed not to happen.

[/quote]

---

One of those Cullumgate myths that just won''t die, Yellow Rider. There were, as Cullum himself said, negotiations between himself and the leading directors, and they were serious and lengthy. They certainly qualified as proper.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

I was dubious about Peter Cullum but was disappointed that some proper negotiations seemed not to happen.

[/quote]

---

One of those Cullumgate myths that just won''t die, Yellow Rider. There were, as Cullum himself said, negotiations between himself and the leading directors, and they were serious and lengthy. They certainly qualified as proper.

[/quote]

Quite right Purple Canary.

I thought they couldn''t agree on the price.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[/quote]

---

[/quote]

[/quote]

I thought it went beyond that they couldn''t agree on a price Tangie. I thought one side had a price in mind while the other side had zero in mind with respect to price but [:D]"promised" [:D] to inject 20 million pounds for player acquisition in exchange for control of the club. 

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[/quote]

---

[/quote]

[/quote]

I thought it went beyond that they couldn''t agree on a price Tangie. I thought one side had a price in mind while the other side had zero in mind with respect to price but [:D]"promised" [:D] to inject 20 million pounds for player acquisition in exchange for control of the club. 

[/quote]

However to get control you need to hold a majority of the ordinary shares and subject to a resolution(s)  being passed (at an EGM or AGM.) the £20m would have bought a number of new ordinary shares issued by the club at the negotiated price.  Thus PC would have ended up with the majority of the enlarged shareholding. If a deal had been concluded it wouldn''t have been left to a verbal promise.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Looks like somebody might need to borrow my sat nav then Nutty.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Unless it''s a match day then they can [8]Follow, follow, follow, follow the boys in yellow[8]

[;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

As if Yankee! If anything I was looking for an anti-Delia bite. The two things are not neccessarily connected but can be. Perhaps Crafty would like the honour[:)]

[/quote]Poor old Nutty, isn''t the wall arguing back?

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Now, now Tilly, isn''t it time you left the bitterness of your loss of office in NCISA behind and looked to the future. Sometimes one could almost imagine that you and Nutty are in cahoots to try and seek a confrontation with the Butler.

[quote user="crafty canary"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Now, now Tilly, isn''t it time you left the bitterness of your loss of office in NCISA behind and looked to the future. Sometimes one could almost imagine that you and Nutty are in cahoots to try and seek a confrontation with the Butler.
[/quote]

First and foremost Crafty it was not a "loss of office" i resigned prior to the AGM.My intention to move over before my 60th birthday was well known to all the committee but events culminating in the loss of my father last September leaving me to sort out my mothers affairs who suffers from dementia accelerated the timescale."bitterness of loss of office" is way off the mark.

Now as for me being in cahoots with Nutty to seek a confrontation with the Butler can i just provide you with a few facts that have been broadcast in the local press which Nutty and i have retained in our memory banks regarding NCISA under its current stewardship.

1. A £1000 of shares was pledged to be purchased by NCISA as an inducement for others to follow.Has that happened?

2. The profit from the christmas raffle was to be ploughed into NCFC shares.Has that happened?

3.By this month NCISA was to have 1,000 members.Has that happened?

May i also suggest you look very close to home and seek the views of someone  i have heard from more than one person is somewhat less than a happy bunny and is considering sending correspondence to NCISA that is not a form 228b if you follow my drift.

[quote user="crafty canary"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Now, now Tilly, isn''t it time you left the bitterness of your loss of office in NCISA behind and looked to the future. Sometimes one could almost imagine that you and Nutty are in cahoots to try and seek a confrontation with the Butler.
[/quote]

Nutty is never "in cahoots" with anyone. I can get myself into enough trouble on  my own thank you Crafty. Confrontation isn''t my reason for posting on this thread. My reason was having read the article the other night it struck me as amusing to suggest the chairman of NCISA should unveil it. Amusing because the chairman of NCISA used to find it amusing to suggest that, amongst other things, I saw no wrong in Delia because "love is blind" or to suggest that I was always "round Aunties for tea". These things were amusing to him because he was anti-Delia while I was always supportive of her. Likewise him unveiling the statue is amusing to me because I''m a supporter of Delia and he''s anti-Delia.

Have you ever unveiled a "sozzled old trout" before?

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="crafty canary"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

First and foremost Crafty it was not a "loss of office" i resigned prior to the AGM.My intention to move over before my 60th birthday was well known to all the committee but events culminating in the loss of my father last September leaving me to sort out my mothers affairs who suffers from dementia accelerated the timescale."bitterness of loss of office" is way off the mark.

Now as for me being in cahoots with Nutty to seek a confrontation with the Butler can i just provide you with a few facts that have been broadcast in the local press which Nutty and i have retained in our memory banks regarding NCISA under its current stewardship.

1. A £1000 of shares was pledged to be purchased by NCISA as an inducement for others to follow.Has that happened?

2. The profit from the christmas raffle was to be ploughed into NCFC shares.Has that happened?

3.By this month NCISA was to have 1,000 members.Has that happened?

May i also suggest you look very close to home and seek the views of someone  i have heard from more than one person is somewhat less than a happy bunny and is considering sending correspondence to NCISA that is not a form 228b if you follow my drift.

[/quote]

A strange post from the honourary Vice president of NCISA.

The NCISA of present is a truly democratic association perhaps different from the one you left several months ago.

ALL decisions are made by the committee and where possible members are consulted on their views at forum/get togethers.

One such forum, as you are aware, is scheduled for this Friday, when any issues can be raised to the committee as a whole.

That would have been the best place to air your concerns not a public forum.

Those same committee members are also well aware of the truth behind your leaving which, lets say, is slightly different from the above. They are also aware that you already know the answers to those questions having been briefed about them.

As a last point, what has any of this to do with Nutty who states he is not in cahoots with you, as to the best of my knowledge he is not a member of NCISA.

I look forward to your raising them to the meeting on Friday night.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="crafty canary"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Nutty is never "in cahoots" with anyone. I can get myself into enough trouble on  my own thank you Crafty. Confrontation isn''t my reason for posting on this thread. My reason was having read the article the other night it struck me as amusing to suggest the chairman of NCISA should unveil it. Amusing because the chairman of NCISA used to find it amusing to suggest that, amongst other things, I saw no wrong in Delia because "love is blind" or to suggest that I was always "round Aunties for tea". These things were amusing to him because he was anti-Delia while I was always supportive of her. Likewise him unveiling the statue is amusing to me because I''m a supporter of Delia and he''s anti-Delia.

[/quote]

Nutty, someone brought Tillys post to my attention as they thought a reply was needed, I then noticed this post.Like night follows day!

As you know I have ceased posting on this forum because of the continued "hassle" , not from my point of view but I am concerned that some fallout might damage the excellent work being done by NCISA on behalf of ALL supporters, not just the card carrying few.

On one of the many previous threads designed to have "a go" at me I took time to express my present view of the owners of the club. I also suggested that your tunnel vision was making you very selective in targetting me. Anyone who can be bothered to trawl the posts of 2/3 years ago will see how strong feeling was justifiably running at our situation, when even posters like Ricardo stated that they needed to go or our club faced ruin.(October2009) You even voted "no confidence" in the board and to take your rebate as I remember.

Luckily for all those dark days have passed for the present, we hope never to return. It does not mean they never existed.

As McNally is fond of reminding us administration was VERY close.

One last point, to save Duncan wetting his knickers with excitement at his "olds".

I did NOT have a season ticket this year for very personal reasons, nothing to do with the club or this forum. I have managed to attend MOST home games that circumstances have allowed. I do not need Satnav to find Carrow road as I have been attending far longer than you and as a very small point, IF you buy a season ticket every year for the next 30years you will still not get close to the money I have put into the club. But then I do not judge "Supporters" by their attendence as many reasons can prevent them being at Carrow Road. A love for our club is the only thing I look for, but each to his own.

I will now go back to "retirement" as there is no answer you my friend could make that will cover the bile already spewed out.

Lets all enjoy the Premiership and long may it last

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Maybe Butler you could enlighten me as to what was not truly democratic before you took over as Chairman? I was delighted that our President Roy Blower attended Committee meetings as a non voting attendee in my day to lend his considerable expertise but YOU put a stop to that.Was that a Committee decision or yours?

Who promised that Myself and Roy would receive copies of all minutes and e-mails concerning NCISA? All i can say is that they must be lost in cyberspace as we have received zilch.Yes it was you Chris.

The membership deserve to know why those shares have not been purchased so why not tell them?

Membership numbers are nowhere near the target you set of 1,000 by this month.You have had 8 months to alter the direction of NCISA which you lauded in the press and it just has not happened but please do not have the nerve to make me your scapegoat.

Yes i will ask questions on Friday so thanks for the invite.

[/quote]

I repeat ALL decisions are made by the committee on a free vote, so draw your own conclusions.

I explained to Roy that he was welcome BUT you got upset about "double standards" so unfortunately it was agreed by the committee that we would have to manage without.

I have no wish to make you anything so why constantly attack me. As I said you already know the answers to your questions as I had informed  you.

The membership will be told why the shares were not purchased there is no secret about it as you well know as we discussed the matter.

I believe Roy was told by McNally, that the club would prefer us to buy season tickets you were also in attendence when Roy stated this.

When you start with considerably less members than you a lead to believe at the outset then the base takes much longer. Yes I had hoped for a better response but NCISA''s reputation has taken considerably longer to overcome than even my optomism could manage.

The committee will be pleased to answer ANY questions that you wish to ask as I have passed all your comments to them as a unit.

You already had an invitation, although you had not bothered to confirm your attendence, as numbers needed to be confirmed for the catering arrangements

So why did you feel it necessary to try and justify your continued harrasment by a post that not only did you already know the answers but repeated itself (points 1 and 2 are the same)

Butler..

I still find it amusing to suggest the chairman of NCISA should unveil such a statue just as you found it amusing to suggest I was always round Auntys for tea. If you can''t see and understand that then you really are a "strange one".

A further point I''d make is that when you were suggesting I was always round auntys for tea and that I was in love with her and other such things there were many other posters who found it amusing and joined in. I found it amusing too as would be obvious from my replies. And these weren''t in just a couple of threads. These amusing comments were in many threads. What I didn''t do is write a blog crying about Pink Un bully boys so at least you were spared that. But now I find this statue thread amusing but you obviously don''t. Surely you can understand it is as amusing as nutty being round for tea with auntie?

I''m not being very selective by specifically targeting you. I make the same comments to many others, again in an amusing way. However I am very selective with the following :-

It was you and a few other who went further than stating that Delia needed to go. It was you and a very few others who suggested that Smith & Jones were "the devious duo" and amongst other things they had manipulated Chases demise and mislead the fans over the amount of money they had claimed to have put into the club.

So why drag Ricardo in to it?

Now to answer a point you made to Tilly about what his post had to do with me can I just point out that this was because your anti-Delia buddy Crafty suggested that he and I were in cahoots together. I post my own opinions on here and am not "in cahoots" with anyone. Just because I know Tilly in person doesn''t mean we post in tandem. That was a ridiculous thing to post. I know maybe as many as 50 posters from this board in person and our opinions vary like any random group of 50 peoples opinions would.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[/quote]

---

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

---

There were various unbridgeable differences between the board and Peter Cullum, not all of which have been publicly confirmed. But there are certainly two I can mention.

Firstly, Cullum''s business plan ruled out him providing long-term funding because he believed after a few seasons the club would at least be breaking even and might well be profitable. The board thought that was far too dangerous an assumption on which to rely.

Secondly, Cullum ruled out paying off any of the debt. The problem with that was, as the board knew, that Axa (our major lender) wanted its money back in the event of a takeover.

As to the price of the club, it is true Cullum said there had been some friendly arm-wrestling over valuation, but he didn''t actually say that was the only sticking point, although it is possible that was what he was trying to imply. Certainly since whatever he paid for the club would have come out of the fabled £20m it made sense for him to want to pay as little as possible. But even if they had agreed on price the other intractable problems mentioned above still would have remained.

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="crafty canary"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

One last point, to save Duncan wetting his knickers with excitement at his "olds".

I did NOT have a season ticket this year for very personal reasons, nothing to do with the club or this forum. I have managed to attend MOST home games that circumstances have allowed. I do not need Satnav to find Carrow road as I have been attending far longer than you and as a very small point, IF you buy a season ticket every year for the next 30years you will still not get close to the money I have put into the club. But then I do not judge "Supporters" by their attendence as many reasons can prevent them being at Carrow Road. A love for our club is the only thing I look for, but each to his own.

[/quote]

A love for our club is all you look for? Really...? From the anti-Delia master himself that is laughable, if you bought a season ticket for the next 300 years you wouldn''t get close to the amount of money Delia has put into the club.

I''m sure there are any number of reasons for your non-attendance Butler, however, you are the chairman of the largest supporters group, the mission statement mentions ensuring an enjoyable matchday experience. How not going to games helps you achieve that is beyond me. Also, in your position, on occasion the press are going to come looking for comment from you. How can you comment on something you didn''t see, enjoy or share with the fans you claim to represent..?

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="crafty canary"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

A love for our club is all you look for? Really...? From the anti-Delia master himself that is laughable, if you bought a season ticket for the next 300 years you wouldn''t get close to the amount of money Delia has put into the club.

I''m sure there are any number of reasons for your non-attendance Butler, however, you are the chairman of the largest supporters group, the mission statement mentions ensuring an enjoyable matchday experience. How not going to games helps you achieve that is beyond me. Also, in your position, on occasion the press are going to come looking for comment from you. How can you comment on something you didn''t see, enjoy or share with the fans you claim to represent..?

[/quote]

I would imagine that given your understanding and grasp of things that most situations are beyond your comprehension.

I would not lay claim to be the master Anti Delia you should not listen to twisted lies of others but still no doubt they represent your bedtime stories.

No harassment LAUGHABLE isn''t it!

From the respected Ricardo:

We must get rid of this regime before the completely destroy this club. It seems incredible to me that some people are still trying to defend Smith. Jones et all. We have become a laughing stock and will remain so as long as the present incumbants are allowed to continue with their bankrupt strategy.

Ricardo 9/10/2007