Sign in to follow this  
Shaun Tilly Lace

Fantastic atmosphere in The Rose last night!

I met up with some mates at The Rose on Trinity Street, off Unthank Road, to watch our brilliant team clinch promotion last night. There must have been nigh on 200 people, or maybe more, packed like sardines into the pub, with several of us struggling to find a vantage point in order to view the game, but what a night!

The beer flowed - I had four pints over the 90 minutes, it helps the nerves you know - and we all had a good loud sing-song, before, during, and of course, after the match. It was the best night out I''ve had in a pub for many a year!

Where did you all go to watch the match? Wherever you went, I''m quite sure you enjoyed the evening just as much as me.

Roll on next season and bring on Man Utd, Arsenal et al.

I wasn''t there but came across a video on youtube of the celebrations in there last night....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIjw3PN00Jo

Thanks for the link, mate. Also a big thank you to the brilliant bar staff who served everybody with unbelievable efficiency. Despite being run off their feet, I didn''t have to wait for more than a couple of minutes each time I went to the bar. Great stuff!

I watched in The Woolie, just off Colegate. Used to be a dingy old-man pub with nicotine-stained windows and a general stench of misery.  Now refurbished, great atmosphere, and a fit-as barmaid. Seemed to be running out of beer towards the end of the night, but I was driving anyway. Those memories will stay with me forever, untainted by any alcoholic blur. 

The songs and chants were in full flow. At the final whistle melee, my glasses were knocked off my head and fell onto the floor seemingly in the middle of a group of jumping, shouting men, with pint pots getting knocked over and smashed in the crush, glass all over the place... as things calmed down, I searched desperately for my glasses, only to find them cowering under a chair, completely untouched.

They are miracle glasses, and I shall watch every single NCFC game with them for as long as they last, and where possible I shall do so in that very same pub.

Thank you to all at NCFC, the staff at The Woolie, and of course to my friends both old and new, for making my sober night a fantastic one!

I''m in Barcelona, managed to find the game on in a sports bar here, but think I was the only Norwich fan around. Convinced some of the locals that David Fox is as good as Xavi (I don''t actually think they were too convinced).

There is some small game going on here tonight which I have to report on, luckily nothing major as I have a large hangover and the bright sun isn''t treating me too well.

If the sun causes you too much bother Bethnal, you could always ask Ricardo to watch it on the box and file a match report ?  He''s very good you know.  Or alternatively I could cobble together 500 words about over-paid prima-donnas falling over their own shoelaces ?

Think I should be okay tonight cheers. Hopefully the game isn''t quite as bad as the first leg which made me more than a little sad, two teams full of extremely talented players but everyone forgot about trying to play football. Wonder what little gems Mou and Pep will come out with today?

Well, if Madrid win, Mourinho will say it''s all down to his tactical genius and amazing good looks.  And if they lose, Mourinho will say that the game was fixed, because everybody in the footballing world is threatened by his tactical genius and amazing good looks.

I was in the coach and horses and it was superb ! we were drenched in real ale and lager when the goal went in but boy was it worth it . Only went at the last min i was quite happy to watch the game on the old laptop but when Cardiff got beat we got in the car and drove the 40 odd miles to share the atmosphere . Fantastic .

I was in the coach (thorpe road) was a great atmosphere in there as well. I was a bag of nerves before, and during the game so having a loads of people around me to have a sing song was just what I needed OTBC