Sign in to follow this  
October

Before the match

I have seen the reports saying 100 Norwich fans missed the start. Wrong more like 4-500.

They blame it on trouble and missiles. Wrong it was Police incompetence not being able to keep fans apart.

The whole operation was a joke, weeks to plan it and one big fail. Now I understand why the government want to cut the force - half of them are incompetent.

i was one who missed this first goal, suffolk constabulary are an actual disgrace, if i performed like that in my job i would get the sack, i am defiantly going to make a complaint, but still we got the last laugh winning 5-1 :) actually sorry no make that 9-2 :)

Yeah there were definitely several hundred outside, I was one of them. No direct trouble between fans other than Ipswich fans setting off fireworks/bangers (with horses around, great idea). It was the fault of the stewards and police for letting the Ipswich fans congregate en masse so close to the away turnstiles and not making any effort to disperse them. I finally got in on 12 minutes seconds before Surman scored. Strangely enough after the game the Ipswich fans hadn''t stayed out to have another go!

The police are notorious for making situations much worse than they are at Derby games, hence the reason why many Norwich fans won''t to go to Portakabin Road on the train cause the police make getting to the ground on time difficult!

My daughter and I got into the ground at before 7.00pm. As we walked up to the away end from the station there was a group of around 100 scummers shouting and swearing at anyone and everthing wearing yellow. Quite a few City fans walking past were like me, had kids with them. I would imagine these scummers were the type of fans that start on kids to try and provoke a reaction from parents so they have an excuse to have a ruck.

The police didn’t appear to be doing anything to move them on as it seems obvious to ne they were doing is trying to start something.

Am I correct in assuming it was this area that caused the fans not to let into the ground as a few pals missed the first 15/20 minutes having left the Station Hotel half an hour before kick off?

The planning of the Police Operation, if indeed there was any planning didn’t appear any good to me.

Complete and utter shambles before and after the game.  I got to Portman Road at 7.30 and got into the ground after 8.00pm.  The Police were telling the Norwich fans that the kick off was being delayed. The Turnstile numbers on the tickets were different to the Gate numbers displayed and there were 2 turnstile operators to let everyone in.  There were certainly more than 100 Norwich fans outside the ground, I''d say 500+. After getting to the top of the stairs I was told "sit wherever you want mate" by a steward.Just goes to show how professional our club is and how modern our ground is in comparison.How the Police couldn''t deal with 100 or so hyped up Suffolk kids who were intent on causing trouble before and after the game is beyond belief.

We were the same Tim, we traveled on club cabbage and on arrival were told by the police where the ground was and if we wanted a drink before the game which pubs to go to !! is that not asking for trouble ? i think the police brought alot of the problems on them selves . why let the scummers stand around get rid of them into the ground . . . .

Brentwood,

My experience was exactly the same as yours, I queried with the Police what was going on and was told KO was delayed. Just blatantly a lie used to control the crowd, that''s disgraceful.

I''ve written to David McNally to ask the club to demand an enquiry, totally unacceptable, particularly the way the stewards told us to sit where we like - the gangway was packed where we were so surely a fire hazard, and people were standing 2-to-a-chair in packed rows due to the lack of organisation. I also got ''Sit where you like''. That is a completely unacceptable situation and contrary to ground regs.

Luckily the brilliant performance made it worth it but looking back this morning I was really angry.

Absolute joke , i can''t understand why they did not just move them on by using force, surely a few whacks around the legs with a few batons or getting the dogs an horses in would have sorted that rabble out. Instead it was just stale mate with both sets of fans facing each other with a thin line of useless police in between . Me and my mates paid good money to see this and ended up missing 20 mins and the first goal.