Sign in to follow this  
Snakepit Lass

Guess how many coaches for Swansea.....

[quote user="morty"]This is the first time I have flown club cabbage and I have a question for the more experienced travelers.I plan on taking a big bag of snacks and drinks for me and the kids on the epic journey (I think I actually get to Angola where I am currently working quicker than we will get to Swansea!) and I don''t fancy carting the bag around and going through the faff of getting it searched etc.Do you go and come back on the same bus, and can you leave a bag on there?

[/quote]You do travel back on the same coach you traveled on, as you''ve got the kids with you make sure you get one with a loo on it, they don''t all have them.

[quote user="Snakepit Lass"]2,000 fans going a total of 21 coaches going that must be a record![/quote]

If memory serves me right we took a shade under 11000 to Hilsborough in 1982 on the day we got promoted (but lost). Filled the entire Leppings Lane end and a bit extra

[quote user="Snakepit Lass"]2,000 fans going a total of 21 coaches going that must be a record![/quote]

I doubt it. There was a huge number that went to Watford at the end of 1971 - 1972 season to see us win the Div2 (tier 2) championship.

Big Dunc, Dave Stringer, Peter Sylvester, Dave Cross, Kevin Keelan, Terry Anderson, Kenny Foggo, I could go on .........

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Snakepit Lass"]yes i did for hull, you get a coach number for when making stops and after match. you can leave things on there as you sit in the same place, remember to have change on you as they do the sweep stake, you can take anything on there apart from alcohol.[/quote]

Ta for that! So I''m okay to bring a big bag of crack cocaine then?
[/quote]

Lol!

Hate going by coach, if its your first time then look out for a certain coach with the coach leader ( or whatever they are called) being a tall large man who normally wears the white away kit, because he absolutley stinks, have been on his coach twice in a row now (my own fault for turning up later than everyone else to be fair) and he will always come to the back of the coach and chat to the guys at the back, and he stinks the coach out, I sit there holding my breath. Have fun :)

[quote user="Heresyourfathersgun"]

If memory serves me right we took a shade under 11000 to Hilsborough in 1982 on the day we got promoted (but lost). Filled the entire Leppings Lane end and a bit extra

[/quote]Concur with the Hillsborough turnout. We took about 7000 to Brighton in 83 for an FA Cup quarter-final and about 9000 to Derby for a 5th round (?) FA Cup game sometime in the early 80''s too.21 coaches not really remarkable at all.

Heading to the game (not via Club Cabbage) from Soton, seeing as it''s not too bad a trek from where I am. Sounds like it''s going to be a cracking game with the amount of support and our current form!

If your moaning about the travel time to Swansea, how would you fare on a European jaunt!!! They were pretty much 3 day trips with about 3 hours of game time. And then when the coach parked up at Carrow Rd, I had about a 5hr trip home :-)

To be fair, thats 3 days on the razz, probably drinking most of the way, I''m talking about 5 or 6 hours each way on a bus with wooly hatted norfolkers who only ever leave the county on these trips.I''ll take a trip to Milan any day.[;)]

The only place we had a beer was on the ferry as I remember it. Typically there was a pit stop every 4 hrs or so at some service station, and those aboard were treated a bit like prisoners of war in some places, much to our bemusement, i.e. armed & highly visible, large numbers of police.

In fairness I think the club offered flights, and I know I did it the hard way on the coach, but that was all I could afford to a degree. Wouldn''t change it though, sat there waiting for news of the draw knowing you could be off to just about anywhere in Europe, happy days.

There may be a pint or two involved this Saturday though!!