Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Chris Cohen banned for City game

''Nottingham Forest have lost their appeal against Chris Cohen''s straight red card in Saturday''s defeat by fellow promotion hopefuls Leeds United.

The Football Association have upheld the decision by referee Mark Halsey to send off the midfielder for a tackle on George McCartney during the first half.

Cohen faces a three-game ban and misses matches against Reading and Burnley at home and an away fixture with Norwich.''

Great. I only see that as making life harder for them in their next 3 games. Pity he didn''t cause an injury though - was also hoping Preston and Derby could have do us a few more favours by injuring some first team regulars in the Cardiff and Swansea squads. The Swansea keeper only got booked for conceding the spot-kick, though it would be big boost for us if he''d got sent off.

Did the FA not see the tackle? The tackle in which he won the ball.

Anyway, didn''t he score an OG last time we played them? Or maybe it was just a normal goal.

It''s not just about getting the ball though - players usually get the ball, it''s about getting the ball cleanly. When I first saw it on the Football League Show I thought he did get it cleanly but seen it was 2-footed, but I''ve just had another look at it on the BBC website. Cohen starts sliding in whilst Boyd is still behind him, but Boyd is trying to keep possesion with an out-stretched leg and runs into Cohen''s legs whilst he is still getting the ball. Challenges like that can cause a broken leg, and in my opinion the ref was right to dismiss him.

Great. I remember going to Forest a couple of season''s ago when he gave the W shake to the Norwich fans. I think he came from. Norwich, W hat a W anchor.

[quote user="HazzaJet"]It''s not just about getting the ball though - players usually get the ball, it''s about getting the ball cleanly. When I first saw it on the Football League Show I thought he did get it cleanly but seen it was 2-footed, but I''ve just had another look at it on the BBC website. Cohen starts sliding in whilst Boyd is still behind him, but Boyd is trying to keep possesion with an out-stretched leg and runs into Cohen''s legs whilst he is still getting the ball. Challenges like that can cause a broken leg, and in my opinion the ref was right to dismiss him.[/quote]

Perhaps someone should have told them they were on the same side!!

9 match ban would not have been out of place, it was an assualt irespective of what happened to the ball afterwards

[quote user="The gut"]Great. I remember going to Forest a couple of season''s ago when he gave the W shake to the Norwich fans. I think he came from. Norwich, W hat a W anchor.[/quote]

Indeed he is from Norwich. He plays on the left wing, despite right footed and not a typical winger but he is the best player Forest have to play this position, so they should struggle to find a good enough replacement

hopefully another one of their starting XI out:http://www.teamtalk.com/nottingham-forest/6855682/Forest-awaiting-Anderson-news

[quote user="Captain Fantastic"]Was a fantastic tackle, football''s gone mad.[/quote]

It was reckless as Cohen was flying through the air, uncontrolled, and tackled at knee height, and nowadays that warrants a red even if a player gets the ball first, because if it had been mistimed the opponent could well be nursing a serious injury.

Who is Chris Cohen?

Seriously, I''d never heard of him before last weekend. I like to think of Swansea as a 4th division type club who''ve done OK lately. Let''s go and beat them for the second time this season...they were not that great at Carrow Road.

If they are serious about taking the second auto spot from us they simply have to attack. We all know that will leave space for the counter - and this time we have Pacheco. Should be heaven for Dani boy!