Sign in to follow this  
Duffman

"if you can't win a game, make sure you don't lose it"

Last 2 games....

QPR played top 10 Leicester and mid table Millwall = 3 points

Swansea played relegation threatened Scunny and mid table Watford = 1 point

Cardiff played lower mid table Ipswich and relegation threatened Palace = 0 nil zilch

Forest played play off chasing Hull and Sheffield ''can''t buy a win'' United = 0

Norwich played Relegation threatened (ok more then threatened) PNE and top 10 Leicester = 4 points

A little perspective for a few on here.

As a wise man once said on Radio Norfolk (yeah I know!) "if you can''t win a game, make sure you don''t lose it"

Yes and every point is a point won. Can''t be doing with the points lost crap. We never had them to lose. They all go to the total at the end whether they are won at home or away.

[quote user="Duffman"]Last 2 games....

QPR played top 10 Leicester and mid table Millwall = 3 points

Swansea played relegation threatened Scunny and mid table Watford = 1 point

Cardiff played lower mid table Ipswich and relegation threatened Palace = 0 nil zilch

Forest played play off chasing Hull and Sheffield ''can''t buy a win'' United = 0

Norwich played Relegation threatened (ok more then threatened) PNE and top 10 Leicester = 4 points

A little perspective for a few on here.

As a wise man once said on Radio Norfolk (yeah I know!) "if you can''t win a game, make sure you don''t lose it"[/quote]Brilliant post!

Promotion contenders points for the last 6 games played -

Burnley - 16 pts (no defeats)

Swansea - 13 pts (1 defeat)

City - 12 pts (no defeats)

QPR - 11 pts (1 defeat)

Leeds - 11 pts (1 defeat)

Cardiff - 7 pts (3 defeats)

Forest - 6 pts (2 defeats)

We have only lost twice in the league since the end of October. I haven''t looked into it myself, but if there is a team in the top four leagues who can match that, I''d like to know!

[quote user="Making Plans"]

Promotion contenders points for the last 6 games played -

Burnley - 16 pts (no defeats)

Swansea - 13 pts (1 defeat)

City - 12 pts (no defeats)

QPR - 11 pts (1 defeat)

Leeds - 11 pts (1 defeat)

Cardiff - 7 pts (3 defeats)

Forest - 6 pts (2 defeats)

[/quote]Burnley becoming the new "Nottingham Forest."

Burnley are going to be in the mix but of course, they have to win their games in hand first. It just shows though that all our predictions (logical though they may seem) count for nothing as everyone at the top is getting unexpected results.

I think it''s quite likely that Burnley will be in the mix because both their games in hand are home fixtures and they are particiularly strong at home. But as Nottingham Forest found out points on the board are preferable to games in hand because they are yours for keeps! Leicester were "nailed on" for a play-off place a few weeks ago, in fact some were tipping them for the top two. But their run petered out and they are now mid-table.

I think it''s a shame that Leicester managed to score late on with that free kick. Every goal could count in a season where goal difference could decide one of the automatic places. Swansea hold the edge by four goals in that scenario but there isn''t much between the others.

Leicester v Burnley

Nott''m Forest v Burnley,

Burnley v Swansea,

Leeds v Burnley,

Burnley v Cardiff,

If they carry on their run then its fine for us, they''ll have taken a lot of points from other rivals.