Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Hull, the new Forest, Leicester or Burnley

Every couple of weeks or so we have been told that there is a team on such a run that they will storm past us and not only get into the play offs but grab the second place automatic promotion spot.

Forest 8 points out of their last 9 games

Leicester 4 points out of 5 games

Is Burnleys home defeat the start of their bad run ? Are Hull to be the new golden boys destined for certain promotion ?

I''m not sure about any of them other than none of them look dead certs - even Swansea a capable of being beaten. What I am sure about is the game on Monday night needs not only a win but by a couple or goals at least to put us in a very strong position.

If we can win monday night our fate is in our own hands and no need to worry about the others. But that''s a big if cos monday won''t be a case of turn up and win.

Our fate ALREADY is in our hands

However I fear there will be a few more stumbles, horrors and shocks before we are certain.

[quote user="City1st"]Every couple of weeks or so we have been told that there is a team on such a run that they will storm past us and not only get into the play offs but grab the second place automatic promotion spot. .[/quote]

This started about 18 months ago with Southampton.[;)]

Thing I have noticed about Paul Lamberts Norwich is that they don''t slip back. As they climb the leagues and pass teams for the most part those teams stay behind us. Long may it continue.

Just back from Coventry, worst first half I have seen all season. Was in the Hull end and believe me our support is special compared to theirs.

Second half much better and Hull deserved to win, they defend very well but their midfield isn''t a patch on ours, that is where we have to win the game next Saturday.

Coventry looked terrible, route one, very direct and need another 10 poinys before they are safe.

"Burnley are still the biggest threat to the playoffs due to their games in hand"

Games in hand mean little. as monday night might prove.

If one of Burnleys games in hand was at home to Millwall would you have put that as 3 points to Burnley. 3 points that would help them to cause a threat ?

It should also be borne in mind that out of the top group Burnley still have to play (in their last eight games) Leicester, Forest, Swansea. Leeds and Cardiff.

[quote user="ncfcfan"]Burnley are still the biggest threat to the playoffs due to their games in hand.[/quote]Burnley will do well to make the top 6.Where as we will most likely finish in the top two.Ricardo has spoken.

"Where as we will most likely finish in the top two"

you took your time

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Need to watch out for Millwall, they must be a real threat if they can go to Turf Moor and win so convincingly.[/quote]

Why? Just because they have just won a game. Three points behind Burnley from two more games.

[quote user="City1st"]"Where as we will most likely finish in the top two"

you took your time[/quote]I was just waiting for the cat to confirm it.He looks quite pleased with this weekends results.