Sign in to follow this  
Chelmsford Canary

Safe Standing Areas - Report by The Guardian

It will start off ok, but with every team there is a thug element and there will be trouble again if standing areas are bought back as it is much harder to control.

There should be some standing I agree but it has to be different to how it was before. To be honest people standing at games now in between seats is more dangerous as there are no barriers to hold on to, hence domino effect if force from behind.

If a whole away end stands up then stewards seem powerless to make people sit down. So people should have the option of safe standing.

[quote user="paulo79"]blimey we better stop all this agreeing Nexus lol[/quote]Haha  Lets just not mention strikers huh ? :)

Would love it, and signed the petition at fsf.org.uk but sadly I can''t see it returning anytime soon.

The sooner the better... and then we might just get our game back from the luvvies.

[quote user="Wings of a sparrow"]Those Dortmund fans are quite a sight.

I would support the lower Barclay being returned to a standing area initially as a trial.[/quote]Include the snakepit in that and I will back you. [;)]

Surely you can''t have just a corner of a stand as terracing and then the rest seating.  It wouldn''t really work would it?

I used to stand above the tunnel in the south stand / barclay corner , but i can''t remember the corner at the other end .