Sign in to follow this  
Morisons Prozac

Player Ratings

Hi, just got back from the game and what a cracker!

Ruddy - 8. Pulled off some blinding saves to keep us in the game.

R Martin - 5. Like Drury was ripped apart on wing by Gradel and Snodgrass but until Crofts came to rescue, poor game by his standards.

Ward - 5.5. More assured than Reading but needs to stop backing off opponents when they have the ball.

Whitbread - 7. Had Becchio in his pocket and stayed calm at the back whilst the others ran around like headless chickens.

Drury - 5. Was ripped apart on the left but in his defense had absoultely no support.

Crofts - 8. MOM. Was the only player not afraid to tackle in th first half and came to Martin''s rescue a few times when white shirts poured down the right.

Fox - 6. Less involved today but long range efforts are lethal, seriously unlucky not to score. Although his shaved head does make him look like an alien.

Lamsbury - 6. Quiet and offered no defensive support but yet again popped up with a quality finish.

Hoolahan - 8. As usual heartbeat in the team and frightened the life out of Leeds.

Holt - 5. Seemed dissinterested, slow and extra ''divey'' today. Not an impressive performance but hit post.

Wilbraham - 7. Really took this oppourtunity well. Great involvement in build up play and created plenty of chances for others even though he wasn''t a goal threat himself.

Oh! And from the highlights and a photo on The Mail site it appears Leeds first goal was a handball. Interesting that Goreham''s spontaneous commentary was ''pushed the ball in the net.''

Just my opinion, but I think that''s very harsh on Holt!

He provided a superb assist for the first goal, hit the post, irritated the hell out of the Leeds defence, dropped deep when needed, and provided support for midfield.

Other than that it''s hard to disagree, as we were exposed out wide (as expected, largely) by Snodgrass and Gradel.

I also thought Fox - despite two excellent shots - was very light-weight, and made a couple of near costly errors. Set-piece delivery wasn''t brilliant either. I''d have brought Smith on for him after we''d gone 2-1 up personally, and kept Lansbury - who admittedly drifted in and out of the game - on.

Whitbread made a couple of brilliant tackles/clearances late on.

I also think you are a little harsh on Holt.

I thought he held the ball up superbly and constantly flicked it off to Wes or Fox to launch attacks. He is always a menace to the opposition and very realy unfortunate not to score today.

Personally, I thought Jackson might have been a good sub yesterday when we were looking to catch them on the break.

If Wilbraham is a seven then so is Holt who was his usual hard-working aggressive self. Giving him a five is ridiculous IMO. MoM for me was Hoolahan.

Ruddy indicated that the Leeds goal was hand-ball at the time so I assume it was, but overall the result was fair as Leeds could have been three up after fifteen minutes with a bit more luck.  

It seems that either side could have won it and a draw was a fair result. A strong team performance all round.

Still we have a soft central defence though. Once again the main threats on our goal came through our inability to defend the aerial ball into the middle, both their goals and all their main chances followed weak aerial challenges and poor positioning by the centre backs. Its the same when Barnett plays - so I am not saying its whitbread or ward to blame - its a common theme.

Until we get tighter at the back (rather than score more) we will only get to play offs rather than an auto slot

Was that Drury and R Martin''s worse games for us this season would you say? i still think its a worry that Drury gets shown up by this pacey wingers, Martin has a couple times too but usually he looks good against pacey wingers- made Bellamy look average and kept him quiet all day

Ruddy 8 - Couple of real good saves. Particulary in the last minute to deny Paynter

R.Martin 5 - Ripped to bits by Gradel

Drury 4 - Cant recall him making one tackle on Snodgrass, didnt get forward at all.

Ward 7 - Some good blocks

Whitbread 8 - Some massive blocks and last ditch tackles, especially the diving header he did at the far post when the ball was falling right onto the Leeds players head. Suprised it hasnt been mention.

Fox 6 - Little impact, both in defence and attack, couple of good long range shots

Crofts 6 - Little impact, both in defence and attack

Lansbury 6 - Little impact, both in defence and attack, took his goal well

Hoolahan 7 - Everything we did well at in the second half went through him

Holt - 7 Put himself about, had a decent second half, unlucky not to score

Wilbraham - 7 No worse not better than Holt yesterday

Surman 6 - Slightly dissapointed, a couple of times the ball broke to him on the half way line and he had a chance to run at a tiring Leeds defence, but opted to turn back.

I cant think of a single time we beat the Leeds full back and put a cross in, which considering we had Holt and Wilbraham in the middle is a little dissapointing.