Sign in to follow this  
Excited Canary

FAO Slade!

If you happen to be reading this, a massive congratulations! What a result! The replay will bring in lots of cash and a fantastic day out at the best league ground in England.Savour it, good luck!

As a local resident of Yeovil in Somerset, i occasionally watch the team to get my fix of football as I can''t get to many Norwich games. The period when Russell Slade was manager was fantastic for the team and he even managed to get them to the league 1 play off final in 2007 and just 90 minutes from championship football. It was arguably the biggest mistake that club made when they sacked him and is now proving he is one of the best managers outside the premiership. If the unthinkable was to happen and lambert was to leave, Slade would be a brilliant replacement. Mind you I would rather that wasn''t the case.

And i for one wouldn''t want him as our manager, doesn''t have the most inspiring CV''s, too many sackings from lower league clubs.

and how has he proven to be one of the best managers outside the premiership ??? i can think of quite a few managers that come into that category and i can safely say he isn''t in the the top 20 of that list.

[quote user="When Saturday Comes"]The Emirates isn''t the best league ground in the country.[/quote]Well it is very good, but obviously not as good as Carrow Road. What is better though, in your opinion WSC?

I wouldn''t have thought that many other managers would get two struggling clubs, Yeovil and Grimsby into both the League 1 and League 2 play off final respectivly (In consecutive years). He wasn''t actually sacked because of results at Yeovil, he did not get on with the useless board that they have.

Trust me, it won''t be long before he is managing at a better side.

Well i dont see it happening, couple of good cup results and everyone thinks hes an amazing manager, judge it on league performance. We will see, but i dont see him managing in the championship or higher anytime soon.

I fully accept your opinion and you will probably be right but i am not just basing this on a good cup run. If you look at the league 1 table, he has taken Leyton Orient (who normally are stuck in a relegation battle) to just 5 points off the play offs with a few games in hand on other teams. Who''s to say he can''t get them into the play offs like he did with Yeovil and Grimsby.