Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

A message to those who booed the team at the final whistle...

[quote user="kilroyslefteyebrow"]

[quote user="The gut"]Yep, the sooner we all think and do exactly the same the better. Funny how the dictators in the world seem to be under greater threat of losing power and on here we have posters who cannot accept a different opinion and need to impose theirs. I didn''t boo, I have only ever done so once - at that biggest waste of space Fotheringham, and that was my right. I respect that anyone who booed last night had the right to do so. Some need to get out of their own arses and see the light.[/quote]

"We didn''t even sing when we were winning. Let Lamdert down. Best foofsball sporters in the world my arse. "

How do those two quotes sit together?

We have the right to boo but we dont have the right to sit quietly?

[/quote]

Of course they sit together. I never said they didn''t have the right to sit quietly, I did so why shouldn''t they. The fact is we were quite quiet last night. The rest of it was a dig at those who think they are fantastic supporters. There are things in life that I agree with and disagree with and I think that anyone who pays their own way in life (and some others) has a right to air their opinion. I can argue with them if I wish but I cannot make them think the same as me.

[quote user="walks on water"]

parodying Pastor Niemoller kinda misses my point.

Inclusivity.

Personal and collective responsibility.

[/quote]

Sorry if I thought you were preaching to the wrong choir Pastor. Collective responsibilty includes appreciating diversity. We don''t always appreciate it, true, maybe we need a conductor.

Isn''t it strange how times change. Just a couple of seasons ago we used to get threads with a message to those who clapped the team off after a defeat. Now we get a message to those who booed the team off after a draw.

Is that progress?

Suppose its a mark to how far PL has brought us. I think it is harsh on team to boo though. Some of the teams crammed full of loan players Roeder and Gunn had which lost regularly and then just sloped off back to their parent clubs probably deserved it but the current team not at all. Annoyed me at Burnley someone in front leaping up and down cheering that Jackson had been substituted. We should back players who are struggling not get on their backs.

Booing acheives WHAT? Nothing beneficial ever comes out of it. I wish we''d never thought out loud about promotion - whilst the club were sitting pretty in the play off zone around Christmas, we knew we were in a good position but the talk from the club was of getting enough points to stay up. Might just be me, but it seems ever since then, the club has talked about giving it a go and things have changed ever so slightly - i think the players are starting to feel the pressure. Sames starting to happen with Forest and Leeds. I hope i''m wrong, because we can do this, push come to shove - i don''t think any of the others in the top 6 are any better than us really and have all proven that they''re not infallible towards the teams sat around the relegation zone.

OTBC

Aren''t we making a big thing of this booing , after all it was only a small minority in the Barclay wasn''t it??

[quote user="Alex"]

Booing acheives WHAT? Nothing beneficial ever comes out of it. I wish we''d never thought out loud about promotion - whilst the club were sitting pretty in the play off zone around Christmas, we knew we were in a good position but the talk from the club was of getting enough points to stay up. Might just be me, but it seems ever since then, the club has talked about giving it a go and things have changed ever so slightly - i think the players are starting to feel the pressure. Sames starting to happen with Forest and Leeds. I hope i''m wrong, because we can do this, push come to shove - i don''t think any of the others in the top 6 are any better than us really and have all proven that they''re not infallible towards the teams sat around the relegation zone.

OTBC

[/quote]

Nobody can say for sure but it did get that lazy, conceited cheat Fotheringham out of the club.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I think we should hunt them down, name and shame, like we used to do the happy clappers[;)]

[/quote]

We should put them in a Hall of Shame with all those that sung Delia''s Barmy Army at Ipswich that time. I''m sure CA still has their names somewhere [;)]