Sign in to follow this  
hucks@dh6.co.uk

My Norwich v Millwall match report is on www.dh6.co.uk

Hi all,

my match report it is up on dh6, i''d be very interested in your views on my points,3 points is 3 points but a lot to discuss http://www.dh6.co.uk/s14a1n104p1/Norwich-City-v-Millwall-FC.html

see if you agree

Hucks

Good summary of the match Huck’s, Our front men must be due to end the drought soon, but pleasing that the team never give up. We were poor last night, but if we can still grind out results when not playing well it’s the sign of a side that can go up automatically. I recall a number of really scrappy wins around this stage when we went up 2004 2005, the team not playing well but not loosing and then eventually the winning momentum kicked in !

Feels the same Huck ?

We didn''t play well against Crystal Palace or Millwall yet we have ended up with 4 points. For me that tells you everything you need to know about the team. I agree that Holt needs more support because neither Martin or Jackson will get anywhere near even the 10 goal mark on current form. Interestingly a Millwall fan on the phone in yesterday felt we were being harsh on the strikers. He felt our midfield was to blame because we got muscled off the ball and were unable to dictate the play as a result. I agree with him to a certain extent and I thought Abdou had a decent game. But I do feel the team is a Rob Earnshaw or someone of that ilk short of being a promotion team. But obviously such players are so hard to come by.

Sound stuff Hucks.

Agree with the differentiation you have made between being difficult to beat and winning games, the step up from one to another being the form, consistency and confidence of the strikers.

The defence and midfield are working hard and as a unit to make us strong and difficult to break down, although we are being blessed with quite a bit of luck at the back as well-another good sign.

I do wonder if the "team" thing-and the team spirit looks as good as it was in your promotion season-makes our strikers so determined to play as a team and for the team that, occasionally they aren''t quite as selfish as they could be, nor do they go for the extraordinary or try something different when there is a good pass on instead?

I think everything will click again sooner rather than later, and we''ll get a 4 or 5-0, once that happens and Holt/Martin get amongst the goals again, the renewed confidence should build up again and we''ll put a winning run together, hasn''t Forest''s come at a time when Earnie is getting a few?

Some harsh words in there Hucks but judging from Lambert''s response to Chris Goreham asking him about the performance, he may well agree with you. He basically said, "lets not talk about the performance, it''s three points."Question is, do you think Chrissy, Holt and Jacko can turn their form around and start providing that quality in the final third? They''ve got to start scoring eventually haven''t they? Please?

you can''t fault work rate, desire or fitness, team spirit is also top notch, but even Lambert won''t be able to keep this going( but you never know) we all know he''s tried to add quality to squad, my real concern is all teams around us have better attacking options( they''ve had to pay for them though) with how good Lambert is and how organised with are, we are only a couple of players away from being the real deal. you make your own luck too but what if it runs out?

I can''t fault your summary of the match and our current form, Hucks. I also agree that we don''t seem to have enough quality in the final 3rd of the pitch. I think, barring a lot of luck in the remaining games, we''re looking at play-offs at best. I have a hunch we''ll secure a play-off place, though. Wouldn''t a win at Wembley be more exciting than finishing 2nd, or maybe even 1st? It would for me!

Sounds quite harsh, but then you were there and I wasn''t! but getting 3 points under such circumstances is always a good sign.

Hucks report is honest.we weren''t great but then i have seen us play a LOT worse over the years. Millwall probably did deserve all 3 points but we took our chances and they didnt.a game isnt over until the final whistle and we prove that time and again.

[quote user="hucksdh6couk"] we are only a couple of players away from being the real deal. you make your own luck too but what if it runs out?[/quote]

You say

''''Good organisation,hard work and good team spirit make you hard to beat, Quality in the final 3rd wins you games, we haven''t got enough of it in my opinion when compared to the 5 teams we are up against to get automatic promotion,

Our forwards just don''t look like they''ve got goals in them at the moment, Chrissy, Jackson, Willbraham don''t look a threat even Holty hasn''t scored for a while.''''

So presumeable you think we should have found the money from somewhere to buy ourselves a decent striker for the final push ??