Sign in to follow this  
pete_norw

Season Ticket renewal,

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="Things are looking up "]Too bloody right Morty and Chucklebert, no my parents didn''t splash money at me and my siblings when I was a kid, cos they didn''t have any. Doesn''t mean they wouldn''t have if they had it. Besides giving my kids all that I didn''t have is what I go to work for.[/quote]They would rather have your time... which is what I gave mine.When I talk to my boys about what they remember it is the fun they had building dens and generally messing about. The ''things'' they were given are long forgotten about and consigned to landfill years ago. The expensive trips abroad dismissed in favour of the caravan park mayhem we enjoyed together.More time...more defined boundaries... less greed. Sort these things out and the ''Big Society'' won''t be needed.[/quote]Well unless you have a time machine, that cuddly lifestyle has long gone! And for the record I still take my kids camping as well as on foreign holidays.Surely time spent with children at footy is just as valid as any other time spent with them?

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="Things are looking up "]Too bloody right Morty and Chucklebert, no my parents didn''t splash money at me and my siblings when I was a kid, cos they didn''t have any. Doesn''t mean they wouldn''t have if they had it. Besides giving my kids all that I didn''t have is what I go to work for.[/quote]

They would rather have your time... which is what I gave mine.

When I talk to my boys about what they remember it is the fun they had building dens and generally messing about. The ''things'' they were given are long forgotten about and consigned to landfill years ago. The expensive trips abroad dismissed in favour of the caravan park mayhem we enjoyed together.

More time...more defined boundaries... less greed. Sort these things out and the ''Big Society'' won''t be needed.
[/quote]

What exactly is the "Big Society?"

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="morty"]My three total £705.

Ouch!!!!
[/quote]

Bloody ridiculous.

What was once the working man''s game is now patronised by luvvies and fools. Bring back the casual supporters and make the club find more inventive ways of raising money other than by bleeding it''s ''audience''.

It will all eventually collapse around the ears of those who led football down this road... and those who have allowed themselves to be mugged by it.
[/quote]

You mean that lot who don''t even stay to the end of the game?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="Things are looking up "]Too bloody right Morty and Chucklebert, no my parents didn''t splash money at me and my siblings when I was a kid, cos they didn''t have any. Doesn''t mean they wouldn''t have if they had it. Besides giving my kids all that I didn''t have is what I go to work for.[/quote]They would rather have your time... which is what I gave mine.When I talk to my boys about what they remember it is the fun they had building dens and generally messing about. The ''things'' they were given are long forgotten about and consigned to landfill years ago. The expensive trips abroad dismissed in favour of the caravan park mayhem we enjoyed together.More time...more defined boundaries... less greed. Sort these things out and the ''Big Society'' won''t be needed.[/quote]Well unless you have a time machine, that cuddly lifestyle has long gone! And for the record I still take my kids camping as well as on foreign holidays.Surely time spent with children at footy is just as valid as any other time spent with them?[/quote]Take them to the local rec and watch your village team play.... then take a ball and have a kick about.Back to grass roots... and as for a ''cuddly lifestyle''... if you or your partner didn''t want want want all the while maybe you wouldn''t have to spend so much time paying for it.One day when you''re lying on your deathbed, are you going to look back and wish you''d spent more time paying bills and worrying about money, or wish that you''d spent more time doing those things families should do together?You don''t need a time machine.... you just need to get your priorities worked out before it''s too late.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="Things are looking up "]Too bloody right Morty and Chucklebert, no my parents didn''t splash money at me and my siblings when I was a kid, cos they didn''t have any. Doesn''t mean they wouldn''t have if they had it. Besides giving my kids all that I didn''t have is what I go to work for.[/quote]

When I talk to my boys about what they remember it is the fun they had building dens and generally messing about. The ''things'' they were given are long forgotten about and consigned to landfill years ago. The expensive trips abroad dismissed in favour of the caravan park mayhem we enjoyed together.

More time...more defined boundaries... less greed. Sort these things out and the ''Big Society'' won''t be needed.
[/quote]

Well unless you have a time machine, that cuddly lifestyle has long gone! And for the record I still take my kids camping as well as on foreign holidays.

Surely time spent with children at footy is just as valid as any other time spent with them?
[/quote]

Of course it is! I will be forever grateful to my late father for first taking me to Carrow Road when I was eight years old. The memories of Ron Davies and others will never leave me. Those early experiences were fundamental in creating a love affair with the game that has been a major part of my life.

[quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="Things are looking up "]Too bloody right Morty and Chucklebert, no my parents didn''t splash money at me and my siblings when I was a kid, cos they didn''t have any. Doesn''t mean they wouldn''t have if they had it. Besides giving my kids all that I didn''t have is what I go to work for.[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The mind boggles how things get bounced off topic what the hell has my Season ticket got to do with the Big Society, and I might point out that it is sometimes cheaper to have a holiday abroad than a caravan on the Yarmouth front, I never have holidays in the UK anymore 

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="Webbo118"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The mind boggles how things get bounced off topic what the hell has my Season ticket got to do with the Big Society, and I might point out that it is sometimes cheaper to have a holiday abroad than a caravan on the Yarmouth front, I never have holidays in the UK anymore 

[/quote]

I take it you also don''t know what it is!

This is the Pink Un Messageboard at it''s finest. Not only do posters know best about how you should support the club and when you should withdraw that support but now, because the teams doing well, we can all learn how we should spend our money and how we should bring our children up.

At least I now feel better about those family holidays camping at Costessey Pits.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

They dont give you much time to react......letter dated 8/2/11......received 15/2/11 and you have to react by the 22/2/11 (if I remember correctly) should you have an issue. 

[/quote]

I know, not good is it?

[quote user="Webbo118"]

Go on, admit it. You feel enriched by reading it all.

[/quote]

From Costessey Pits to Dunston Common, I feel enriched by every happy clappy family club moment I spent..

There are places I remember
All my life though some have changed
Some forever not for better
Some have gone and some remain
All these places had their moments
With lovers and friends I still can recall
Some are dead and some are living
In my life I''ve loved them all

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

They dont give you much time to react......letter dated 8/2/11......received 15/2/11 and you have to react by the 22/2/11 (if I remember correctly) should you have an issue. 

[/quote]

I know, not good is it?

[/quote]7 days to make a phone call, send an e-mail, or drop into the club shop. I reckon most people can probably manage that?

[quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="Webbo118"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I take it you also don''t know what it is!

[/quote]

Hi there! David Cameron here. Look, if anyone on this board DOES know would they mind giving my PR department a call. They are as an anxious as I am to find out. Thanks ever so.

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[/quote]

I know, not good is it?

[/quote]

7 days to make a phone call, send an e-mail, or drop into the club shop. I reckon most people can probably manage that?
[/quote]

How do you sign a form over a telephone? [8-|]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="I.S."][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[/quote]

I know, not good is it?

[/quote]

7 days to make a phone call, send an e-mail, or drop into the club shop. I reckon most people can probably manage that?
[/quote]

[/quote]

Have you net heared of the Fibre optic pen?

[quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="Things are looking up "]Too bloody right Morty and Chucklebert, no my parents didn''t splash money at me and my siblings when I was a kid, cos they didn''t have any. Doesn''t mean they wouldn''t have if they had it. Besides giving my kids all that I didn''t have is what I go to work for.[/quote]They would rather have your time... which is what I gave mine.When I talk to my boys about what they remember it is the fun they had building dens and generally messing about. The ''things'' they were given are long forgotten about and consigned to landfill years ago. The expensive trips abroad dismissed in favour of the caravan park mayhem we enjoyed together.More time...more defined boundaries... less greed. Sort these things out and the ''Big Society'' won''t be needed.[/quote]Well unless you have a time machine, that cuddly lifestyle has long gone! And for the record I still take my kids camping as well as on foreign holidays.Surely time spent with children at footy is just as valid as any other time spent with them?[/quote]

Of course it is! I will be forever grateful to my late father for first taking me to Carrow Road when I was eight years old. The memories of Ron Davies and others will never leave me. Those early experiences were fundamental in creating a love affair with the game that has been a major part of my life.

[/quote]You mean you needed your dad to take to a match at 8 years old?  I was going on my own at six... and finding my way back home to Sprowston on the bus.I''m beginning to see why Delia Smith the mother figure has you all tied to her apron strings.Deary deary me.

got mine through too, lol was hoping they wasn''t going to realised that i turned 21 :( they didn''t £35 instead of £15 a month dam it lol. but i get a grown up yellow card now haha

Love it when people tell me how to spend my money. Where were they when I was earning it? Did they offer their help then? Nooooooooooooo.

Big Society, what it''s about is paying more for less. Inflation up, direct taxes, up, services down. Politicians are good like that, remember care in the community? Remember who took that big society away? When we all left our doors unlocked, when the milkman used to keep an eye on people taking in their milk, how the postie used to know your name. When families looked after their elderly. When the Govt. didn''t steal all your belongings when your gran needed care? Remember when you were a kid and you chucked your sweet wrapper on the pavement and an adult would ask you to pick it up without you giving them a gobfull of abuse, or worse still - their parents wouldn''t? Well David Cameron wants us to do all that again because he''s going to spend all our money on other things like fat bankers bonuses and bailing them all out when they have a tough year.

Anyway, it''s something like that.

Meanwhile, while I''ve still got it I''ll spend my money on me and my family, on what I want not what some banker tells me I should,

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="Things are looking up "]Too bloody right Morty and Chucklebert, no my parents didn''t splash money at me and my siblings when I was a kid, cos they didn''t have any. Doesn''t mean they wouldn''t have if they had it. Besides giving my kids all that I didn''t have is what I go to work for.[/quote]

[/quote]

Well unless you have a time machine, that cuddly lifestyle has long gone! And for the record I still take my kids camping as well as on foreign holidays.

Surely time spent with children at footy is just as valid as any other time spent with them?
[/quote]

[/quote]

You mean you needed your dad to take to a match at 8 years old?  I was going on my own at six... and finding my way back home to Sprowston on the bus.

I''m beginning to see why Delia Smith the mother figure has you all tied to her apron strings.

Deary deary me.
[/quote]

You were obviously highly developed as a youngster. Where did it all go wrong after that?

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[/quote]

I know, not good is it?

[/quote]

[/quote]

That assumes that people notice the deadline.

That assumes that people aren''t away from base for that short time period.

That assumes that people are not already so busy that they dont have the time to go and make the visit to the Ticket Office to discuss the issue. Dont forget the season ticket renewal first deadline was early March (if I remember correctly) according to the earlier information......

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="I.S."][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[/quote]

I know, not good is it?

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Have you net heared of the Fibre optic pen?

[/quote]

No [:(]  I feel left out now lol

[quote user="itstheruddyfuture"]Love it when people tell me how to spend my money. Where were they when I was earning it? Did they offer their help then? Nooooooooooooo. Big Society, what it''s about is paying more for less. Inflation up, direct taxes, up, services down. Politicians are good like that, remember care in the community? Remember who took that big society away? When we all left our doors unlocked, when the milkman used to keep an eye on people taking in their milk, how the postie used to know your name. When families looked after their elderly. When the Govt. didn''t steal all your belongings when your gran needed care? Remember when you were a kid and you chucked your sweet wrapper on the pavement and an adult would ask you to pick it up without you giving them a gobfull of abuse, or worse still - their parents wouldn''t?

[/quote]

Remember when Bill Punton use to zoom down the wing at speed or THE COUNT! Would score another goal. 

Remember when the half time scores use to be put on the River End scoreboard or the scoreboard just in front of the Barclay on the Main stand side.

Remember how the green cushions use to fly from the Main Stand to show the fans appreciation of the ref!  Then there was the slow handclap and the stomping of the feet on the wooden floor boards of the Main Stand.  Good ol'' B Blockers!

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]You mean you needed your dad to take to a match at 8 years old?  I was going on my own at six... and finding my way back home to Sprowston on the bus.I''m beginning to see why Delia Smith the mother figure has you all tied to her apron strings.Deary deary me.[/quote]Parents who allowed their 6 year old child to do that now would have social services after them for child neglect, that must be Delia''s fault as well.

[quote user="Harry"][quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]You mean you needed your dad to take to a match at 8 years old?  I was going on my own at six... and finding my way back home to Sprowston on the bus.I''m beginning to see why Delia Smith the mother figure has you all tied to her apron strings.Deary deary me.[/quote]Parents who allowed their 6 year old child to do that now would have social services after them for child neglect, that must be Delia''s fault as well.[/quote]I may have exaggerated slightly there..... but even at six I would have known better than to waste my pocket money on supporting Delia Smith''s personal gravy train.Plus these days I would have needed a season ticket to get in and a years savings to buy a programme (also known as an advert filled rip off).

I renewed my season ticket at the very first deadline to beat the VAT and have paid for it all etc etc, I presume I am not supposed to be recieving one of these letters then?

The Early Years Of Cluckwit

kids in street

And when we finished the game we all made our way to Carrow Road. We left Delia at the kerbside playing with her dolly and vowed we''d never let her, or any woman, anywhere near our football club...

OK WITS[:^)]

[quote user="Boyo"]I renewed my season ticket at the very first deadline to beat the VAT and have paid for it all etc etc, I presume I am not supposed to be recieving one of these letters then?[/quote]No you won''t be receiving one.