Sign in to follow this  
Woman in the Stands (WITS)

It's Friday and laughter is good for the soul

A Southern Baptist Minister is addressing his congregation , " A member of this church has suggested that I am a member of the Ku Klux Klan. I call on them to stand up now and reveal themselves  and say why they have been spreading such a malicious falsehood to besmirch my good name"......

A gorgeous blond stands up nervously , "you? " says the minister , "my own sister-in-law? Why would you tell such lies about me?" ....." I didnt mean to" says the blonde, " It was a horrible misunderstanding, all I did was tell my hairdresser that you were a wizard under the sheets"!!!!!!!!!

I can''t see why this skirmish has broken out.  I think it''s a shame that something intended to make people laugh ends up in a war of words about what is and what is not either acceptable or funny.  The simple fact is that we all find different things funny, but the majority of us will laugh at mostly the same kind of jokes.  It is unavoidable that some people will not.  However I don''t think this is a reason for the poster of the joke to feel any regret for having posted it or for anyone to take exception to it when it is nothing more or less than a joke.  If everone who might take offence at a joke were considered before it was posted there wouldn''t be any posted ever again!  I just think it''s time for a reality check.  I don''t believe any jokes are posted on here with the intention of offending anyone, but just to share a little laughter.

So please, if you don''t like a particular joke why not just keep it to youself and move on to the next one because it''s quite possible that someone else may have found offensive another joke that you thought was extremely funny.  It takes all sorts so why not just enjoy the one''s you like and forget the one''s you don''t and accept them all in the spirit in which they are offered.

And WITS, please don''t let any of today''s comments put you off.   

[quote user="jb"]WITS''s posts are normally intelligent and readable - i''m really disappointed that she''s taken to posting unfunny racist carp.  I''m by no means a prude or a member of the PC brigade, but this has no place on the pinkun, or anywhere else for that matter.[/quote]

Ruddy PC brigade, how on earth can a Carp be racist ?

"just enjoy the one''s you like and forget the one''s you don''t"

How can you do that if your a genuinley offended?

Im the least PC person you will ever meet, I quite like these jokes and find them funny. However there is a time and a place, and on a Norwich City message board is neither the time nor the place.

Its quite pathetic of WITS to post them!

Why should a black man read jokes about black people? "blah blah blah he doesnt have to read them" but he should be able to open a jokes thread and not have to read racist jokes!

''A time and a place''

If you can''t post them on a public internet forum, where can you tell/write these jokes?

''Why should a black man read jokes about black people? "blah blah blah he doesnt have to read them" but he should be able to open a jokes thread and not have to read racist jokes!''

If you say that, you might as well ban nearly all jokes, why should blonde people have to read blonde jokes? why should fat people have to read fat jokes? Why should Christian people have to read jokes about the pope and priests?

I think its pathetic saying one type of joke is wrong (yes i know, blonde people, fat people etc aren''t a race) yet other offensive jokes are fine....

What do women and food processors have in common?They both make good food but you wouldn''t want to stick your fingers in them when they''re on.

"yes i know, blonde people, fat people etc aren''t a race"

Answered your own question

It shows just how stupid you are, If you dont think there is a difference between blonde+women jokes and Black+Asian jokes.

No place for that crap on a football related site.

[quote user="CDMullins"]"yes i know, blonde people, fat people etc aren''t a race"

Answered your own question

It shows just how stupid you are, If you dont think there is a difference between blonde+women jokes and Black+Asian jokes.

No place for that crap on a football related site.[/quote]

Obviously should read, No difference

[quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"][quote user="Harry"]Not going to comment on that WITS. [;)][/quote]I''ve been baking and spent the afternoon in the kitchen, which is my right and proper place because I''m a woman [:P][/quote]If you stay in there you won''t be able to post those nasty jokes. [;)]

[quote user="CT"]

Pot calling the kettle black me thinks!

It probably belongs in Bly''s yawn thread that one [|-)]

[;)][H]

[/quote]

Be careful CT!!

You could misinterpreted as racist towards kitchen items...[;)]