Sign in to follow this  
mrs miggins

late night show

Have to agree with Jake who said ''''we''re that close to the Premier league what if spending a million pounds on a striker would have made a difference '''' Dion arges the case that Lambert could be happy with the squad he''s got.

I reckon there''s pros and cons for both arguments: Lambo clearly had Bennett as a target but the squad we have has managed to get us to 2nd as things stand, and with key players just returning it can''t be that bad.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]I reckon there''s pros and cons for both arguments: Lambo clearly had Bennett as a target but the squad we have has managed to get us to 2nd as things stand, and with key players just returning it can''t be that bad.[/quote]

I agree things are great for us and we''re all happy as to where we are but guess people see QPR, Cardiff and Forest strengthening their squads for that final push and are disappointed that we havent done the same.

All we needed in my opinion was a striker to help with the goals and cover for R Martin in case he gets injured.

We are so so close, surely it would have been worth spending a couple of million for a striker to accumalate the Â£90 in the promised land?

[quote user="Nibbles"]£90 - i''m g;ad we didn''t sign anyone[/quote]

I meant £90m  if we get to the promised land, of course [:D]

I can see that point, but we did do our strengthening early - and have had the ''benefit'' of Aaron W, Barnett and Tierney for longer than some; and with Henri coming back on loan, too. You could argue we have done as much as most.

It would have been nice to see one big signing come in to give a lift, but that said, this isn''t really ''it'' for anything outside the Prem: from next week we''re back to being able to sign whoever we want, if on loan (but you can do those "loan with a view to permanent" ones). I''ll warrant that our transfer business is far from done and dusted.

[quote user="Ben"]But what happens if we spend a couple of million and don''t go up? There''s a huge element of risk to it[/quote]

we sell them?

[quote user="cityangel"]Its a much better show with Dion on it isnt it?[/quote]He''s fairly charasmatic although Itthink the way he attempted to defend the ludicrous fees/money in the game was a tad silly and stood as an example of how out of touch the players are with the common man.  Humphries was better and talked more sense.

Have just watched last night''s show and feel it''s been the best yet. Ok, there was a lot of Norwich chat, but Matt, Dion and Jake were very comfortable together and the entire show was much more relaxed.I loved Jake''s diplomatic response to the question about F1 and NCFC!All in all, it looks like it''s going to get better, as we''d hoped. It helped to see those near misses we had on Saturday and realise, again, how unlucky we had been. Those are the opportunities we cannot afford to squander.

They should do some research before saying some of their statements!

In the 1st episode Dublin reakoned we needed another CB, this was before Nelson left and we then had 5!

Last night Humphries said that Wilbraham was 25/26 years old!

Its interesting and much more biased than National football programmes but nothing great!