Sign in to follow this  
......and Smith must score.

David McNally on Radio Norfolk at 2.15 today

[quote user="paul moy"]Having listened to the interview and assuming that McNally is telling the truth, which I believe, then it would appear that this was just one total PR disaster. Amazing considering how well things have been handled by these people in the past. I hope that they learn from this experience.[/quote]Thats the crux of it really, isn''t it ?Neil Doncaster seemed a pretty smooth operator but David McNally has taken it to a new level which makes it all the more puzzling how this was such a PR c*ck-up. Following yesterday''s events the Chief Exec needed to make an early media appearance so fair play to him for doing so quickly, but I still find it puzzling that the manager wasn''t primed as to exactly what to say to the media at the 9.00am Conference. As a result everyone spent the whole day running around like headless chickens until the very late Club statement released that evening. Why, even the seasoned hacks at SSN and other organisations fell for it too if reports of the media arriving at Carrow Road later in the day are to be believed!One thing a little less controversial that Mr McNally did reveal is that Paul Lambert " may have something to say " about Wes Hoolahan after today''s game.Which may go to prove that, even if only occasionally, you can believe what you read in the Daily Mail......

[quote user="priceyrice"]i cant get radio norfolk still today, says the current programme unavailable. Can anyone out of norfolk get it
[/quote]

No,it turned off as soon as the game started!

[quote user="Canary Ascent"]Have you tried here Herman :

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/9342181.stm[/quote]   thank you

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="paul moy"]Having listened to the interview and assuming that McNally is telling the truth, which I believe, then it would appear that this was just one total PR disaster. Amazing considering how well things have been handled by these people in the past. I hope that they learn from this experience.[/quote]

Thats the crux of it really, isn''t it ?

Neil Doncaster seemed a pretty smooth operator but David McNally has taken it to a new level which makes it all the more puzzling how this was such a PR c*ck-up. Following yesterday''s events the Chief Exec needed to make an early media appearance so fair play to him for doing so quickly, but I still find it puzzling that the manager wasn''t primed as to exactly what to say to the media at the 9.00am Conference. As a result everyone spent the whole day running around like headless chickens until the very late Club statement released that evening. Why, even the seasoned hacks at SSN and other organisations fell for it too if reports of the media arriving at Carrow Road later in the day are to be believed!

One thing a little less controversial that Mr McNally did reveal is that Paul Lambert " may have something to say " about Wes Hoolahan after today''s game.Which may go to prove that, even if only occasionally, you can believe what you read in the Daily Mail......
[/quote]

Wot???    Not even the house prices ???  LOL

[quote user="paul moy"]Having listened to the interview and assuming that McNally is telling the truth, which I believe, then it would appear that this was just one total PR disaster. Amazing considering how well things have been handled by these people in the past. I hope that they learn from this experience.[/quote]

---

---

Paul, I''ve detailed on another thread (WHY COULDN''T YOU JUST HAVE JUST SAID THAT IN THE PRESS CONFERENCE...) how this was mishandled, on the assumption that it wasn''t all part of some cunning negotiating ploy by Lambert. McNally has now said it wasn''t such a ploy, and he really thought the first two statements (by the club and Lambert) had made it crystal clear Lambert was going nowhere.

If so, then McNally is seriously mistaken. I have some expertise in this subject and those statements, taken together, were bound to have the opposite effect to that McNally says was intended.

And you don''t have to take my word for it. What follows is a Tweet from a Canary fan after the first two statements and before Lambert''s evening "clarification":

"I thought not, but he could''ve stopped all this, don''t look good! Burnley isn''t a step up, that''s what I can''t understand?"

The author of this tweet? Darren Huckerby. And that was not an isolated case. Many other sane, rational fans had the same reaction.

My reaction too PC. Of course, if this is the approach the club chose to take in the circumstances then that is their right. A lot of us wanted a tougher, savvy management group to take charge at Carrow Road and move the club forwards. However, those same individuals would be foolish to suppose all fans of Norwich are deaf, dumb, blind and stupid. It was blatantly obvious what statement was called for in the first instance if there was nothing transpiring other than what turned out to be the final outcome. So, obviously, unless one believes those in charge are incompetent ( which most of us presumably don''t ) then something was in play at the Norwich end.

Further, although we are all Norwich fans it does not mean we have to be less than honest with each other at the manner in which our club operates. For Mr. McNally to say that what Burnley did was unprofessional given the conduct of our club in the manner of acquiring Paul Lambert leaves one thinking, yes, we may have a tougher group, but not beyond being a little disingenuous ( to be kind ). 

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

My reaction too PC. Of course, if this is the approach the club chose to take in the circumstances then that is their right. A lot of us wanted a tougher, savvy management group to take charge at Carrow Road and move the club forwards. However, those same individuals would be foolish to suppose all fans of Norwich are deaf, dumb, blind and stupid. It was blatantly obvious what statement was called for in the first instance if there was nothing transpiring other than what turned out to be the final outcome. So, obviously, unless one believes those in charge are incompetent ( which most of us presumably don''t ) then something was in play at the Norwich end.

Further, although we are all Norwich fans it does not mean we have to be less than honest with each other at the manner in which our club operates. For Mr. McNally to say that what Burnley did was unprofessional given the conduct of our club in the manner of acquiring Paul Lambert leaves one thinking, yes, we may have a tougher group, but not beyond being a little disingenuous ( to be kind ). 

[/quote]

---

Indeed, Yankee, indeed!