Sign in to follow this  
city till i die

Stevie Smith

My guess would be a loan with a view to a permenant move in the summer. Somewhere up north or in Scotland, obviously, if he goes back up to the SPL I doubt we''d get much of a fee for him, if any at all.

Yesterday I was singing his praises, but hey that was also one of my points. You only want someone here if they are on the same page, for whatever reason smith isn''t so I admire him for having the balls to be off.

We have had and probably have too many players just creaming us for their wage. So good luck and to a good left back.

Better off giving him away and get him off the pay role. Can hardly expect to make a profit from somebody who has hardly started a game.

To be honest he has looked apauling for us so really no loss at all.When I saw Smith set to leave, I was worried someone had come in for Korey.That said, GL to Steven.

Unfortunately the urban myth of the transfer is with us. Smith will have a number of months/years on his contract left. We have to pay that whilst he is still registered with us.

If he leaves he will expect the same wage or higher for that period. So either another club offers him more, the same, or less. If it is less we will have to way up the odds and pay the difference - therein often lies the delay in aplyer moving on.

Unfortuately when a player does move on it is often simply that another takes over his registration and they then continue [paying his wage - the supposed free transfer. This will usually include signing on/agents fees.

I suspect Smith will be the latter. we may have to pay a bit of his contract to shift him, but it will still free up money to spend on the squad elsewhere.

The other problem with the transfer myth is where somebody like Dave Strikiva (?) joins us and we are told he cost £750,00 - many simply folk then believe that this is his transfer fee. It was not. It was the sum total of wages to be paid to him over a three year contract

The club''s recent accounts showed much of the guff about transfer fees was way off the mark.

I''ve been told (could be duff info) that Smith will be released next week.

Also, Blackburn had a 500k offer turned down but are expected to come back with 900k plus add ons

Given Russell Martin''s excellent performances this season an increased offer from Blackburn would not surprise many of us? I hope PL has a sharp shopping list of alternative right-backs just in case...

[quote user="City1st"]Unfortunately the urban myth of the transfer is with us. Smith will have a number of months/years on his contract left. We have to pay that whilst he is still registered with us.

If he leaves he will expect the same wage or higher for that period. So either another club offers him more, the same, or less. If it is less we will have to way up the odds and pay the difference - therein often lies the delay in aplyer moving on.

Unfortuately when a player does move on it is often simply that another takes over his registration and they then continue [paying his wage - the supposed free transfer. This will usually include signing on/agents fees.

I suspect Smith will be the latter. we may have to pay a bit of his contract to shift him, but it will still free up money to spend on the squad elsewhere.

The other problem with the transfer myth is where somebody like Dave Strikiva (?) joins us and we are told he cost £750,00 - many simply folk then believe that this is his transfer fee. It was not. It was the sum total of wages to be paid to him over a three year contract

The club''s recent accounts showed much of the guff about transfer fees was way off the mark.[/quote]

The situation is different though, if it is the player that wants to leave rather than the club wanting rid of him.