Sign in to follow this  

Song for Stephen

If I remember correctly a couple of Norwich Fans were given a banning order for homophobic abuse just for chanting "Does you''re boyfriend know you''re here" to the Brighton Fans.

I cannot see why this should have turned into an argument about gays. Most of us are probably indifferent .

The main points bout the O/P''s so-called "chant" are that it was unfunny, not the slightest bit clever or original and a little bit distateful. Even the Elton John jibes were a bit more educated, and that''s saying something.

I am no prude, but that rubbish offends me for the reasons I have just mentioned. I can see why it would appeal to the moron bigade as thought processes at any level are not involved much.

Stick with the Melchett one, it is more amusing and less hostile. Stephen Fry is a fan as well, and a good one at that. He would not be offended,  however, he is too intelligent to bother.

[quote user="Harry"]If I remember correctly a couple of Norwich Fans were given a banning order for homophobic abuse just for chanting "Does you''re boyfriend know you''re here" to the Brighton Fans.
[/quote]

I used to sit next to them at the front of Block E of the Barclay. I moved to the back and they to Block A, it was part of their condition to stop them from being banned. It was the most riddiculous and over zealous policing I''ve ever heard of, the Judge also took it that way.

After a good while of having the whole of the away section singing "Town full of inbreds, you''re just a town full of inbreds." The lads stood up and sung "Town full of faggots/rentboys, you''re just a town full of Rentboys". The judge accepted that their chanting was not homophobic per se, it was just in the spirit of Football banter.

I like the Melchett one. Might I respectfully suggest ''General Melchett'' though? I think it would scan(?) better.Gen-e-ral MelchettThere''s only one General MelchettGen- er-al Me-e-elchettThere''s only one General Melchett

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

I cannot see why this should have turned into an argument about gays. Most of us are probably indifferent .

The main points bout the O/P''s so-called "chant" are that it was unfunny, not the slightest bit clever or original and a little bit distateful. Even the Elton John jibes were a bit more educated, and that''s saying something.

I am no prude, but that rubbish offends me for the reasons I have just mentioned. I can see why it would appeal to the moron bigade as thought processes at any level are not involved much.

Stick with the Melchett one, it is more amusing and less hostile. Stephen Fry is a fan as well, and a good one at that. He would not be offended,  however, he is too intelligent to bother.

[/quote]You certainly are.... and typical of those trying to turn the game into an opera rather than a battle ground.I''ll add ''painfully naive'' to this description as well. Can you not see that what is said on this site is almost totally detached from reality? Do you really think a simple joke thread will be translated to a live crowd ''chant''? Clearly you''re taking yourself and this forum faaaarrrr too seriously. Now pull your pants up and get a life ffs.

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]

[/quote]You certainly are.... and typical of those trying to turn the game into an opera rather than a battle ground.I''ll add ''painfully naive'' to this description as well. Can you not see that what is said on this site is almost totally detached from reality? Do you really think a simple joke thread will be translated to a live crowd ''chant''? Clearly you''re taking yourself and this forum faaaarrrr too seriously. Now pull your pants up and get a life ffs.[/quote]What Broadstairs and the Inflatable Waving Arm (previous page) are saying is pretty much exactly the point I was making in the first place. I''m not a prude, I''m not part of the PC brigade, I wasn''t trying to protect poor innocent little Stephen from the naughty homophobic chants – I was simply saying that if our fans did chant that en masse, we would end up being ridiculed as the narrow-minded inbred retards that many outsiders think we are. We''re better than that, and we are (or most of us are, at least) capable of having an intelligent debate about things.You, on the other hand, are very much of the ''my way or no way'' school of discussion – if people don''t agree with you, you just take the p*ss out of them and try to rile them. Or, to put it in the kind of framework you might understand, you''re a f**king oxygen thief.

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]

[/quote]

You certainly are.... and typical of those trying to turn the game into an opera rather than a battle ground.

I''ll add ''painfully naive'' to this description as well. Can you not see that what is said on this site is almost totally detached from reality? Do you really think a simple joke thread will be translated to a live crowd ''chant''? Clearly you''re taking yourself and this forum faaaarrrr too seriously.

Now pull your pants up and get a life ffs.

You talk nonsense.

"Painfully naive,"  "Totally  detached from realty," I ask you? 

Your childish little last liner just increased  the level of my mirth and I''m laughing at you fella.
[/quote]

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]

[/quote]You certainly are.... and typical of those trying to turn the game into an opera rather than a battle ground.I''ll add ''painfully naive'' to this description as well. Can you not see that what is said on this site is almost totally detached from reality? Do you really think a simple joke thread will be translated to a live crowd ''chant''? Clearly you''re taking yourself and this forum faaaarrrr too seriously. Now pull your pants up and get a life ffs.[/quote]What Broadstairs and the Inflatable Waving Arm (previous page) are saying is pretty much exactly the point I was making in the first place. I''m not a prude, I''m not part of the PC brigade, I wasn''t trying to protect poor innocent little Stephen from the naughty homophobic chants – I was simply saying that if our fans did chant that en masse, we would end up being ridiculed as the narrow-minded inbred retards that many outsiders think we are. We''re better than that, and we are (or most of us are, at least) capable of having an intelligent debate about things.You, on the other hand, are very much of the ''my way or no way'' school of discussion – if people don''t agree with you, you just take the p*ss out of them and try to rile them. Or, to put it in the kind of framework you might understand, you''re a f**king oxygen thief.

[/quote]Cwikey... Did you think that up all by yourself? Phew..........Now like I said... pull your pants up and run along.

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]

[/quote]Cwikey... Did you think that up all by yourself? Phew..........Now like I said... pull your pants up and run along.[/quote]Okay, we''ll call it a draw in the petty insults stakes. If at any point you decide you''re up for actually coming up with a well-reasoned counter-argument, I''m all ears.

It''s not really anything to do with calling a homosexual a "homosexual" or alerting Stephen Fry to what he gets up to in his spare time (I think he realises this already). It''s not even about causing offence. It''s just a case of anyone singing this instantly labelling themself as a moron. Why not save your vocal chords on a match day and wear a t-shirt proudly stating this fact instead?

Same sort of person that tells you you''ve just had a hair-cut or finds Adam Sandler films funny.

Although at least with this thread I now know the catering industry is run by the gays. You learn something new every day....