Sign in to follow this  
lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel)

Make Croft Captain

Completely agree! How does he motivate/order the team though? Haven''t noticed it myself, but I don''t really notice anyone doing it that much (not cause they are not doing it, I guess I just don''t look out for it)? I saw Jacko ordering people today. [:)]

[quote user="lincoln canary"]The guy is a true leader and his ethusiasm determination and passion along with his exceptional abillity make him an ideal choice. Harsh on Holt maybe but Croft seems made to wear the armband.[/quote]

Great shout Lincoln for the reasons listed but hardly harsh on Holt who at the moment is totally undeserving of a starting place in the first eleven. Crofts has been superb from day one of the season....

[quote user="Brendo "]

Completely agree! How does he motivate/order the team though? Haven''t noticed it myself, but I don''t really notice anyone doing it that much (not cause they are not doing it, I guess I just don''t look out for it)? I saw Jacko ordering people today. [:)]

[/quote].

Just the way he plays lifts the team and the fans, his determination is so infectious

Yeh... give Crofts the armband and risk him concentrating more on other peoples games than his own. Good plan.Maybe the pressure of having the armband is something that is actually bringing Holt''s game down ? Leadership is a funny old thing you know !

Plus then the old "you can''t drop Holt because he is the captain" card might not be used so often.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Yeh... give Crofts the armband and risk him concentrating more on other peoples games than his own. Good plan.Maybe the pressure of having the armband is something that is actually bringing Holt''s game down ? Leadership is a funny old thing you know ![/quote]

Don''t think it would effect his performances, maybe holt would find form easy to come by with the lack of responsibility? I''m sure he was Brighton captain and his performances were of similar quality

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Yeh... give Crofts the armband and risk him concentrating more on other peoples games than his own. Good plan.

Maybe the pressure of having the armband is something that is actually bringing Holt''s game down ? Leadership is a funny old thing you know !
[/quote]

You really are not playing with a full deck are you either that or you have been on a sabatical in Eastern Europe on a two week intensive research course into the benefits of Absinthe..........

[quote user="Gazza"]

You really are not playing with a full deck are you either that or you have been on a sabatical in Eastern Europe on a two week intensive research course into the benefits of Absinthe..........

[/quote]your job must be a banker and your second name Thwaite ?

Shall I be controversial and add another name for captain, Russell Martin. I''m not kidding either. I wasn''t his biggest fan last season but this season he has really turned it round for me. This isn''t obviously my real reason for me. It''s the fact that I noticed in the first half when we were really under the cosh, he was very vocal and was encouraging his fellow team mates by clapping them for making clearances. He also has a very good work rate. I can understand why he was captain at Peterborough and I think he will up his game even more if he was given the oppotunity. I''m not saying he is the complete package but he''s worth a shout.

At the end of the day we need 11 leaders out there - what difference does it make who wears the armband?! If Crofts is doing such a good job at leading the team without being captain, what is to be gained by giving it to him? And as you say, it may leave Holt feeling alienated. Don''t see the point myself.

Make Crofts Captain, cheaper drugs now.......not a bad shout really, strikers and goalkeepers never do cut it, Crofts for me as much as I love Holty.

[quote user="SnakepitCanary"]Shall I be controversial and add another name for captain, Russell Martin. I''m not kidding either. I wasn''t his biggest fan last season but this season he has really turned it round for me. This isn''t obviously my real reason for me. It''s the fact that I noticed in the first half when we were really under the cosh, he was very vocal and was encouraging his fellow team mates by clapping them for making clearances. He also has a very good work rate. I can understand why he was captain at Peterborough and I think he will up his game even more if he was given the oppotunity. I''m not saying he is the complete package but he''s worth a shout.[/quote]...or a 3rd name Elliot Ward

Fotheringham.... now there was a great Captain.Holt is the captain for a reason.... the players respect him.