Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

MacNamee

[quote user="Jason Shackells limp Tackle"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Dr. Ink"]Did you know you have averaged 15 posts a day since signing up? Haven''t you got a girlfriend or a job to go to?[/quote]Do you know how particularly sad it is criticising someone for time spent on an internet message board, by posting about it on an internet message board?[/quote]

Mate, no hard feelings but is that just because you have been accused of similar ''output''. I mean, serial posters, with not much to say really do have to stick together...

LOL

[/quote]No, because I have met the banana, and he''s a nice guy. I''d like to see a few people get so feisty if they could actually be bothered to step out from behind the screen and actually speak to each other like adults.Its particularly limp dick behaviour getting all keyboard ninja on people you have never even met.[:)]

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="morty"]Ah right, just because banana has posted this its immediately crap?

Seriously can any of you see Macnamee playing a full game more than 10 times this season? His odd flashes of brilliance have been outweighed by going missing for long periods in games, and I can''t see him holding down a starting place, unless he seriously ups his game.
[/quote]Agree Morty. I can''t see him starting one game this season. Wouldn''t mind using him as an impact player maybe, but wouldn''t start him.
[/quote]

people respect morty and his posts are read and people dont abuse him for that, mine on the other hand...[;)]

but macnamee played very few good games and will only play very few good games. IMO lambert wasted money on him, but he has brought in some quality to make up [;)]

[/quote]

I don''t think money has been wasted on him because he is another option but i''m not gonna lie i think he crosses aren''t great, just seems like he floats them to high.

[quote user="G"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="morty"]Ah right, just because banana has posted this its immediately crap?

Seriously can any of you see Macnamee playing a full game more than 10 times this season? His odd flashes of brilliance have been outweighed by going missing for long periods in games, and I can''t see him holding down a starting place, unless he seriously ups his game.
[/quote]Agree Morty. I can''t see him starting one game this season. Wouldn''t mind using him as an impact player maybe, but wouldn''t start him.
[/quote]

people respect morty and his posts are read and people dont abuse him for that, mine on the other hand...[;)]

but macnamee played very few good games and will only play very few good games. IMO lambert wasted money on him, but he has brought in some quality to make up [;)]

[/quote]

I don''t think money has been wasted on him because he is another option but i''m not gonna lie i think he crosses aren''t great, just seems like he floats them to high.

[/quote]

or whipps them in...to the keepers hands!

Macnamee flattered to deceive more than what he actually produced any real end product!

That said he is a useful squad player and at Bristol Rovers in the last away game he had his best performance playing in Hoolahans free role behind the front 2.

Would be handy as an impact player to bring on when Hoolahan has one of don''t turn up performances!

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Now then girls - MacNamee is a valued member of the squad and will make vital contributions during the season. Some posters seem to have forgotten how tough this league is. The teams that are flexible and can adapt are usually successful[/quote]

Or the number of times he put crosses in for goals.

[/quote]

Very true Beau. I certainly can''t remember our winner against Newcastle last week coming from a McNamee cross.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Jason Shackells limp Tackle"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Dr. Ink"]Did you know you have averaged 15 posts a day since signing up? Haven''t you got a girlfriend or a job to go to?[/quote]

Do you know how particularly sad it is criticising someone for time spent on an internet message board, by posting about it on an internet message board?
[/quote]

Mate, no hard feelings but is that just because you have been accused of similar ''output''. I mean, serial posters, with not much to say really do have to stick together...

LOL

[/quote]

No, because I have met the banana, and he''s a nice guy. I''d like to see a few people get so feisty if they could actually be bothered to step out from behind the screen and actually speak to each other like adults.

Its particularly limp dick behaviour getting all keyboard ninja on people you have never even met.

[:)]
[/quote]

It was really intended as a bit of banter. Your response does have a certain ''touche'' / hypocritical tone about it though, my little ninja friend! I am sure that you are both lovely people and I would like to meet you both; just concerned that the conversation may get spun out rather a lot due tothe amount of: LOL / Yes [Y] this / etc... (joke)

From what i''ve seen so far Macnamee has looked one of our best players in pre-season and looks a yard sharper than last year. I can actually see him having more of a role this season than last season either stepping in for Wes at the tip of the diamond or coming on to give us some width if Plan A is not working. I also think his crossing is very good and he''s technically a very skillful player who should fit into our midfield better this season when he plays.

Conversely he is a bit of a wimp and doesn''t always put his foot in when he should but thats wingers for you!

McNamee is an exciting player but nothing like a good wing such as huckerby was, not that anyones making comparisons. I think he lacks the ability to take players on and well struggle against the quicker fitter championship players,

Also lay off Nana And morty, theyre showing commitment and that they love Norwich, Dont knock em!

[quote user="morty"]Ah right, just because banana has posted this its immediately crap?

[/quote]Rubish! I know for a fact he will have a major impact this season! ..My uncles, cousin used to go bird nesting with him,and he said he has been promised a starring role this season! ..

[quote user="KING OF NP"]McNamee is an exciting player but nothing like a good wing such as huckerby was, not that anyones making comparisons. I think he lacks the ability to take players on and well struggle against the quicker fitter championship players, Also lay off Nana And morty, theyre showing commitment and that they love Norwich, Dont knock em![/quote]

MacNamee just isn''t exciting though IMO. He gets the ball, does a few quick step overs and then passes it when he is supposed to be an attcking winger. He should run at players he has pace, so why not use it?!

Yehh i agree with u nana, also i just think hes predictable, every time runs down the wing without confidence to take someone on, turns back and puts in a cross, Newcastle assist anyone?

[quote user="KING OF N8P"]Yehh i agree with u nana, also i just think hes predictable, every time runs down the wing without confidence to take someone on, turns back and puts in a cross, Newcastle assist anyone?[/quote] His ball for martin to score vs newcastle was very good indeed, but unless he can do that 9 times out of 10 he will never do well in the championship. Is he starts to become unpredictable defenders will fear him, which is what makes good wingers. If a team can look at him and notice he goes on his right foot every time he will be a wasted player on the pitch [y]

[quote user="KING OF N&P"]Yehh i agree with u nana, also i just think hes predictable, every time runs down the wing without confidence to take someone on, turns back and puts in a cross, Newcastle assist anyone?

Then taking a pass,controlling it in one movement,changing his body stance,fooling the defender,lays a perfect pass on with his other foot,to Ollie to score against bristol rovers....

Oliie`s  brother n law`s dad whose first wifes son knows my sister,told me Ollie thinks Macca should be given a run in the side

[quote user="Barclaybred"]

[quote user="KING OF N&P"]Yehh i agree with u nana, also i just think hes predictable, every time runs down the wing without confidence to take someone on, turns back and puts in a cross, Newcastle assist anyone?

Then taking a pass,controlling it in one movement,changing his body stance,fooling the defender,lays a perfect pass on with his other foot,to Ollie to score against bristol rovers....

Oliie`s  brother n law`s dad whose first wifes son knows my sister,told me Ollie thinks Macca should be given a run in the side

[/quote]

that bit is so awful im going to believe it! - its just awful you cant spell ollie [;)]

i did not say all of that :/ , and a pretty close link then?

Barclaybred (think thats your posting name)

you cant claim macnamee is brill after one good bit of play. it must be on a consistant basis, especially in the championship.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

you cant claim macnamee is brill after one good bit of play. it must be on a consistant basis, especially in the championship.

[/quote]

Seriously for a min.All im saying is,he hasnt yet had a chance of a run in the team..When he has he has shown more than glimses that he has something special..How long did it take Fox to establish himself?

yehh but he''s had enough chances, the players are training most of the time at colney under the watchful eye of PL, its not like the only time he has ever seen macca play is when he comes off the subs bench, ok hes an alright player, but we have better IMO

[quote user="Barclaybred"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

[/quote]

Seriously for a min.All im saying is,he hasnt yet had a chance of a run in the team..When he has he has shown more than glimses that he has something special..How long did it take Fox to establish himself?

[/quote]

not sure was a star in my mums eye [:P]

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="Barclaybred"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

not sure was a star in my mums eye [:P]

[/quote]to be honest,i never knew that fox had taken so long to get established..I was reading a big thick yellow book on all seasons,and noticed that though his first app was in the 80`s,he was in and out of the side,often only as sub..He fibally became an everpresent under Walker..Though some players just spark after their first match and continues to do like HUCKS..but others take time...he hasnt had a chance! a couple of matches here and there isnt a chance!.

McNamee is there as an option, there will be times when the diamond won''t work and width is needed but he needs to be played on the left rather than out of position on the right where he cuts in and his crosses are taken regularly by the keeper, the few times when he was played on the left he was able to get on the outside of his marker and really whip balls into the box away from the keeper for the likes of Holty to attack. I''m a little surprised a right sided player wasn''t brought in this summer so we could see McNamee forced out on the right again.