Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

Our new striker (hopefully)

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="Big Slob"]Everyone saying that they aren''t happy about it, who else would you have for 750k and quite low wages? I would have thought it would be closer to 500, but for that amount of money and suspected low wages there isn''t really a better opttion.[/quote]who''s everyone.....Nearly every reply to Jackson threads i have seen, have been at least partially positive, worst comments have been price is too high.....but still think hes worth it....all the way up to Chris Martin is crap and Jackson is loads better....[/quote]Oh my god you retard, read it again, if i had put a commar after "Everyone" then i would mean all the people on this board, but as i didn''t i mean everyone who said they would be unhappy with his signing, (there''s about 3 on the first page) and that''s who it''s directed at.

[quote user="Big Slob"][quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="Big Slob"]Everyone saying that they aren''t happy about it, who else would you have for 750k and quite low wages? I would have thought it would be closer to 500, but for that amount of money and suspected low wages there isn''t really a better opttion.[/quote]who''s everyone.....Nearly every reply to Jackson threads i have seen, have been at least partially positive, worst comments have been price is too high.....but still think hes worth it....all the way up to Chris Martin is crap and Jackson is loads better....[/quote]Oh my god you retard, read it again, if i had put a commar after "Everyone" then i would mean all the people on this board, but as i didn''t i mean everyone who said they would be unhappy with his signing, (there''s about 3 on the first page) and that''s who it''s directed at.[/quote]You have a serious problem, ffs i misread a post, no reason to call me a retard...What the hell is your problem with me?

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="Big Slob"][quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="Big Slob"]Everyone saying that they aren''t happy about it, who else would you have for 750k and quite low wages? I would have thought it would be closer to 500, but for that amount of money and suspected low wages there isn''t really a better opttion.[/quote]who''s everyone.....Nearly every reply to Jackson threads i have seen, have been at least partially positive, worst comments have been price is too high.....but still think hes worth it....all the way up to Chris Martin is crap and Jackson is loads better....[/quote]Oh my god you retard, read it again, if i had put a commar after "Everyone" then i would mean all the people on this board, but as i didn''t i mean everyone who said they would be unhappy with his signing, (there''s about 3 on the first page) and that''s who it''s directed at.[/quote]You have a serious problem, ffs i misread a post, no reason to call me a retard...What the hell is your problem with me?[/quote]He''s trying to sound ''big''.Shyster really must start reeling in the profanity, seems he''s the role model for all the kids on these boards.

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]Surely scoring 18 goals in a struggling League 1 side means he is worth a punt, how many would he have scored if he was playing for a half decent League 1 side such as us?........[/quote]Exactly SOB... some people need to realise that there is a going rate for a player who scored 18 times for a relegated League 1 side and who a few other teams are showing interest in [Y]Lambert will have got a fantastic deal on him if he gets him for under £700k with Cody going the other way on a year long loan in my opinion [:D]

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

750k for SJ what a f****** rip off!

maybe 250k, after all cody cost 25k and i think he could be as good as SJ!

[/quote]I will remind you of that if he signs and grabs the crucial goals from the bench that push us in to the play-offs or beyond.GOALSCORERS COST MONEY and Cody and Oli''s records are not comparable with Jackson''s at this moment in time!

[quote user="jed exodous"]

Gotta say i love the tern ''worth a punt'', used as if we have millions just lying around...

I think Jackson could do a decent job here

Who else would we rather see then for 500k?  I''m really struggling to think of anyone whos scored  more than 15 goals at any level in the last season or 2... Le Fondre maybe, but again, its not going to be someone proven at champ level. 

[/quote]Le Fondre hasn''t even proven himself in Div 1 yet, let alone Championship.Like you say, who else is out there?  GOALSCORERS COST MONEY! [Y]

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]£750k would make Jackson 30 times more expensive than Cody Mac! Is he 30 times the player though?

Somehow I doubt it.

If Cody went on loan it would be like throwing the baby out with the bath water....[/quote]So the answer is to fill our team with £25k signings from non-league football who are not good enough to push our first team regulars for a starting place is it??? [:|]

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="jed exodous"]

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]£750k would make Jackson 30 times more expensive than Cody Mac! Is he 30 times the player though? Somehow I doubt it. If Cody went on loan it would be like throwing the baby out with the bath water....[/quote]

You cant make comparisons like that.  Get a grip man.  Next you;ll be saying Surman is a millions times the player of Korey cos we paid a million or so for him...

Who would you rather spend half a mil on?

[/quote]Marlon Harewood or Leroy Lita or Ched Evans or Jon Stead [:D]

[/quote]No thanks to all of them for me, with the exception of Ched Evans... I am sure that Sheff Utd would be looking for the bidding to start around the £1.5 million mark on him - which we clearly don''t have!

[quote user="jed exodous"][quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="jed exodous"]

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]£750k would make Jackson 30 times more expensive than Cody Mac! Is he 30 times the player though? Somehow I doubt it. If Cody went on loan it would be like throwing the baby out with the bath water....[/quote]

You cant make comparisons like that.  Get a grip man.  Next you;ll be saying Surman is a millions times the player of Korey cos we paid a million or so for him...

Who would you rather spend half a mil on?

[/quote]Marlon Harewood or Leroy Lita or Ched Evans or Jon Stead [:D]

Marlon Harewood - at best 2 season left in the game? 31 years old, well past his best,spent the 2nd half of the season injured, wages would be well in xs of £15k

Lita - attitude stinks, wages are over £20k per week, 8 goals in 35 games there, not a good enough returm for that investment, 2 or 3 years ago then yes...

Evans - No way Sheff U will sell for half a mil, at least 1.5 mil and based on last season has not turned into the player we all hoped, probably more due to Blackwell, but anyway well out of our price range

Stead - [:$] hes crap, just because someone posts a crap rumour, people then decide they want him to sign, nowhere near good enough, let him rot at ipshit, they can keep wasting money on him

At least Jackson still has some potential and for the money is still the best option imho...

[/quote]

[/quote]Spot On Jed... [Y]I really can''t believe how idiotic some peoples suggestions are.  How far out of touch with reality are these people???

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]Surely scoring 18 goals in a struggling League 1 side means he is worth a punt, how many would he have scored if he was playing for a half decent League 1 side such as us?........[/quote]

Exactly SOB... some people need to realise that there is a going rate for a player who scored 18 times for a relegated League 1 side and who a few other teams are showing interest in [Y]

Lambert will have got a fantastic deal on him if he gets him for under £700k with Cody going the other way on a year long loan in my opinion [:D]
[/quote]

These two posts hit the nail on the head for me.

Its not all about Goals........its how he scores them.....My example in my first post on this thread (i think it was this thread) is that a lot of Chris Martins goals, he creates himself, when he cuts in from the left, or his free-kicks, not all, but quite a lot.....All of Jacksons goals as far as i know where tap ins, which is needed, Van Nistelrooy has gotten a huge reputation from scoring tap ins....I just don''t rate Jackson that much,  I do however think, If Cody is played regually, or even brought on for half an hour, rather than 5 mins, then he will score more, as he showed when he did get a little 2/3 game run before an injury, which wasn''t majour, but didn''t really get a chance after that......I do however hope i am terribley wrong and Jackson is a great player for us......Its just from what i know at the moment, i just don''t rate him, but its up to him to prove me and all the other doubters wrong now [:D]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Its not all about Goals........its how he scores them.....

My example in my first post on this thread (i think it was this thread) is that a lot of Chris Martins goals, he creates himself, when he cuts in from the left, or his free-kicks, not all, but quite a lot.....All of Jacksons goals as far as i know where tap ins, which is needed, Van Nistelrooy has gotten a huge reputation from scoring tap ins....

I just don''t rate Jackson that much,  I do however think, If Cody is played regually, or even brought on for half an hour, rather than 5 mins, then he will score more, as he showed when he did get a little 2/3 game run before an injury, which wasn''t majour, but didn''t really get a chance after that......

I do however hope i am terribley wrong and Jackson is a great player for us......Its just from what i know at the moment, i just don''t rate him, but its up to him to prove me and all the other doubters wrong now [:D]
[/quote]

It''s not all about goals? I would take Jacksons tap ins all day long, all about being in the right place and the composure to finish.

How can you note rate Jackson, in the last 2 seasons he has performed very well, last season at a struggling team?

Lets give the guy a chance and trust Lambert! 

I got called a retard for not reading a post properly, which you obviously havn''t either..... I SAID TAP INS ARE NEEDEDWE STILL HAVE CHRIS MARTIN YOU KNOW Martin and Holt are more proven in the championship than Jackson, and Martin and Holt where brilliant last season, so why does Jackson have to come in and overtake them?

And didn''t i say at the bottom that i want him to turn out good? i am aloud my opinion, and its that i don''t rate him enough to overtake Martin yet....

[quote user="Barclay hero"]Probably not many more. Im with GP etc on this one - I hope I''m wrong but have a sneaking suspicion he''s no better than what we already have apart from an ability to run fast - unfortunately this doesnt count for a lot in football otherwise people would be trying to sign Usein Bolt[/quote]

Have you seen the u tube, tribute to him! ..Their fans certainly loved him then! ..And one of the posts states that utube was out of date,and his had scored better goals since then!

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I got called a retard for not reading a post properly, which you obviously havn''t either..... I SAID TAP INS ARE NEEDED

WE STILL HAVE CHRIS MARTIN YOU KNOW Martin and Holt are more proven in the championship than Jackson, and Martin and Holt where brilliant last season, so why does Jackson have to come in and overtake them?

And didn''t i say at the bottom that i want him to turn out good? i am aloud my opinion, and its that i don''t rate him enough to overtake Martin yet....
[/quote]

I can''t take you seriously with that fookin flashing signature, which makes me think you have the mental age of about 10.

Did i say Jackson should be straight into the team? No.

Also i wouldn''t say Chris Martin is prooven in the championship, although i i think he will do very well for us this season.

What is wrong with the flashing sig? NOTHING its your problem not mine, i don''t have a mental age of 10 at all,  how the hell does a flashing signature mean that? if anything its you that has the lower mental age for thinking that.....I also said more proven, meaning that Chris Martin did play 10/15 games, and score 5/6 and did fairly well, While Jackson hasn''t been able to show that yet.....

Happy?What is wrong with it? Obviously i know he won''t be playing for England, but what the hell is wrong saying it?

[quote user="ucl-canary"]

Its embarrassing... Grant Holt for England, i mean is it meant to be funny?

[/quote]

Would have put in more effort than the granny lover Wayne Rooney this summer...

Haha i dare say he would have been better than Heskey and Rooney put together..

Yes very happy, it was more the childish flashing that annoyed me.

Sorry if it was childish, i didn''t ask for it to be flashing, just say Grant Holt for England.....better than my last (which wasn''t flashy, it was just plain text...) that said ''Almeria are the best''.......

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Happy?

What is wrong with it? Obviously i know he won''t be playing for England, but what the hell is wrong saying it?
[/quote]

I bet he would have done better than Loony Rooney and Pesky Heskey, infact you could hae put the Lowestoft town team out I''m sure they would have tried a git harder as well

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Happy?

What is wrong with it? Obviously i know he won''t be playing for England, but what the hell is wrong saying it?
[/quote]

I bet he would have done better than Loony Rooney and Pesky Heskey, infact you could hae put the Lowestoft town team out I''m sure they would have tried a git harder as well

[/quote]

thats a bit harder

[quote user="Barclay hero"]Probably not many more. Im with GP etc on this one - I hope I''m wrong but have a sneaking suspicion he''s no better than what we already have apart from an ability to run fast - unfortunately this doesnt count for a lot in football otherwise people would be trying to sign Usein Bolt[/quote]

Mostly, if not completely disagree with your point on pace. The top two divisions in England are all about strong, quick players; especially in forward positions. British football is all about strength and pace - to an extent technical ability comes some way behind. I don''t think your average South American club academy would have wasted so much time on coaching someone like Agbonlahor, just on the pretext that he''s fast. You can''t really coach pace; you either have it or you don''t... But thoses are the contrasting styles and may go someway into explaining why England are fairly ordinary on the international stage...

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Its not all about Goals........its how he scores them.....My example in my first post on this thread (i think it was this thread) is that a lot of Chris Martins goals, he creates himself, when he cuts in from the left, or his free-kicks, not all, but quite a lot.....All of Jacksons goals as far as i know where tap ins, which is needed, Van Nistelrooy has gotten a huge reputation from scoring tap ins....I just don''t rate Jackson that much,  I do however think, If Cody is played regually, or even brought on for half an hour, rather than 5 mins, then he will score more, as he showed when he did get a little 2/3 game run before an injury, which wasn''t majour, but didn''t really get a chance after that......I do however hope i am terribley wrong and Jackson is a great player for us......Its just from what i know at the moment, i just don''t rate him, but its up to him to prove me and all the other doubters wrong now [:D][/quote]Maybe you should watch some of what he has done on Youtube if you have not witnessed any of it on the TV over the last couple of years?Then maybe you can come back and tell us that you don''t know what you are talking about above???He has scored all types of goals and created for other team mates!

Its not as if i have said hes complete cr*p and i hate him, and he will never score, and we should never have bought him, and he will never play...I just think Martin is better

[quote user="CT"][quote user="ucl-canary"]

Its embarrassing... Grant Holt for England, i mean is it meant to be funny?

[/quote]

Would have put in more effort than the granny lover Wayne Rooney this summer...

[/quote]haha that didn''t half make me chuckle CT! [Y] [:D]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Its not as if i have said hes complete cr*p and i hate him, and he will never score, and we should never have bought him, and he will never play...I just think Martin is better[/quote]Maybe Chris Martin is better, maybe Holt isn''t?Who knows?What I do know is that Simeon Jackson would be an excellent addition to our squad and will push both Martin and Holt very hard indeed for a first team place.  It is all about competition for places in my opinion and instead of Holt and Martin now being dead certs for a starting place if fit every week they now how to perform to the top of their games if they wish to hold down their places.Obviously they all have different attributes to their game and Lambert will mix and match what he puts out to the defenders we are facing.You are allowed your opinion, but to say that Simeon Jackson only scores tap in''s suggests that you have not seen anywhere enough of him to give such a judgement.