Sign in to follow this  
kc canary

Striker for next season

I most definitely do want to see Morrison at NCFC. A very, very capable player at this level and, IMO, exactly what we need to partner Grant Holt.

[quote user="TheGoogler"]I most definitely do want to see Morrison at NCFC. A very, very capable player at this level and, IMO, exactly what we need to partner Grant Holt.[/quote]Exactly![:|]Why on earth wouldn''t you want him here? He''s a great player, and if he''s free you guys are really stupid saying you wouldn''t have him here.

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="TheGoogler"]I most definitely do want to see Morrison at NCFC. A very, very capable player at this level and, IMO, exactly what we need to partner Grant Holt.[/quote]Exactly![:|]Why on earth wouldn''t you want him here? He''s a great player, and if he''s free you guys are really stupid saying you wouldn''t have him here. [/quote]Really stupid?? Cheers..Bad attitude, and 10 goals in 45 games last season? Not for me.

[quote user="Trent Canary"][quote user="Brendo "][quote user="TheGoogler"]I most definitely do want to see Morrison at NCFC. A very, very capable player at this level and, IMO, exactly what we need to partner Grant Holt.[/quote]Exactly![:|]Why on earth wouldn''t you want him here? He''s a great player, and if he''s free you guys are really stupid saying you wouldn''t have him here. [/quote]Really stupid?? Cheers..Bad attitude, and 10 goals in 45 games last season? Not for me.[/quote]Oh. [:$] I thought he was better...I take it back

Your right hes free. Not saying he would be a bad signing He could be a good backup, but to say anyone is really stupid for being in favour or against is not on. To be honest its not the talent that puts me off, as he isnt a bad player,  its the fact that I dont think his attitude would fit in with Lambert, and more specifically the Norwich/Norfolk lifestyle. We seem to building a squad of real team-players, and thats a big thing for me.Anyway, agree to disagree and all that [:)]

Yeah. [Y]Well who have we got at back up at the moment? Cody MacDonald, Oli Johnson and Luke Daley. I really can''t see any of these doing anything in the Champ. Actually bring them on as impact players maybe, but if Martin or Holt were to get injured, I wouldn''t be happy playing any of these. I would be happy playing Morisson though. I trust Lambert though, he hasn''t made any real errors as of yet, so I''ll leave it in his trusty hands...[:)]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="freddyf105"]

Definately Adam Le Fondre for me, saying that Rotherham failed in the play-off final and theres been a couple of suggestions about financial problems he seems an obbious target...

[/quote]

Big step up for Le Fondre... do you think he can do it or would he back up at best with what we already have here???

I think it suggests something that he has bagged so many at a hit and hope side like Rotherham who certainly do not play to his strengths - but like I said a big jump up for him!
[/quote]

He''s definately scored goals everywhere he''s been, so I couldn''t see him struggling too much here, and like someone else said recently within the football league strikers seem to keep their goalscoring ability whether they''re in the championship, league 1 or league 2

Kevin Phillips.

Not quick, but even aged 36 would put ''em away for us. Converting chances is paramount next season - taking 4 attempts to get a shot on target will not be viable if we want to be a top 6 side. Phillips is more like a 1:2 player(attempts to goals ratio). 1:1 sometimes!

Could be a really good signing for just one season when we need to convert to the max?

Especially if Charlie Austin is not available.

[quote user="Brendo "]Yeah. [Y]

Well who have we got at back up at the moment? Cody MacDonald, Oli Johnson and Luke Daley. I really can''t see any of these doing anything in the Champ. Actually bring them on as impact players maybe, but if Martin or Holt were to get injured, I wouldn''t be happy playing any of these. I would be happy playing Morisson though.

I trust Lambert though, he hasn''t made any real errors as of yet, so I''ll leave it in his trusty hands...

[:)]
[/quote]

I disagree about McDonald.  I think given a run in the side he could be brilliant.  Last season he proved that when he got into the team he made things happen and scored goals whilst Holt was absent.  He is quick, gives 100% and is a natural finsher.  I think that if he reaches his potential we only need another one striker because Cody could be brilliant.  He is sort of an impact player though but if we use him correctly and effectively he could be very important.

Lambert  didnt seem to think Cody was League 1 standard so i doubt he will be involved much a league higher , we definately need 1 maybe 2 good Championship strikers , as for Clinton Morrisson  4 or 5 years ago maybe but way way past his sell by date.

I disagree about McDonald.  I think given a run in the side he could be brilliant.  Last season he proved that when he got into the team he made things happen and scored goals whilst Holt was absent.  He is quick, gives 100% and is a natural finsher.  I think that if he reaches his potential we only need another one striker because Cody could be brilliant.  He is sort of an impact player though but if we use him correctly and effectively he could be very important.

Definately agree with yo there [Y] I remember at the end of the 08-09 season watching Norwich play Reading, one of the few real positives you could gain from that match was Cody''s work rate and speed, most my Reading supporting mates admitted he was one of the only Norwich players who really looked likely to worry Reading, and his goals and impacts he made last season only really add to that, my only fear is that he won''t be played and we''ll eventually overlook and release a very talented player wih alot of potential.