Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

Sounds like Doc will get a new contract

morty

he was one of the most experienced players last season and should have led by example - for the younger players

but he didnt

every goal we concede he points the finger at the player at fault

what a great vice-captain he is - lol

[quote user="tom1902"]morty

he was one of the most experienced players last season and should have led by example - for the younger players

but he didnt

every goal we concede he points the finger at the player at fault

what a great vice-captain he is - lol[/quote]You are full of crap and so blatantly biased against Doherty this debate is pointless.Have a nice day.[:)]

yes - i dont like him

but you are obviously biased for doherty hence youre dp

so in truth neither of us are neutral

you are full of cr*p blaming other players for his mistakes - this argument works both ways

Excellent in League One but not Championship standard, too slow and immobile we need quick centrebacks next season. Doherty can make me anxious as he looks nervous and panic stricken when things don''t go his way, that pass back against Tranmere being a prime example of Doherty being nervous. We''re up against quicker and technically gifted forwards next season, we need to have people who can cope with them.

[quote user="tom1902"]yes - i dont like him

but you are obviously biased for doherty hence youre dp

so in truth neither of us are neutral

you are full of cr*p blaming other players for his mistakes - this argument works both ways[/quote]Listen mate, I am not biased towards him, the DP is actually a photo of a tee shirt I bought about 5 years ago.No it doesn''t work both ways, I have criticised him in the past when it has been deserved, the long and short of it is that he has been named in the league one team of the year, and those of us who have seen him play on a regular basis can point to his consistency and improvement this season under a better coach and he deserves a new contract for next season.Those are facts, not a petty opinion mostly based on a grudge from last season.

Kin hell, not the old "Doc has no pace" argument now.I swear some of you don''t actually ever go to games.

morty are you implying that i dont go to matches?

do you really think i would have such a strong opinion if i didnt go to matches?

im willing to bet ive see us play a lot more than you this season

[quote user="tom1902"]again ! my point isnt that he shouldnt get a new contract just that he hasnt performed at championship level for us and should i now refer to you as a doherty lover[/quote]

Are you for real - probably a nieve school boy I suspect?

The Doc since relegation from the Premiership was one of our better performers over a number of seasons. Indeed he got player of the season in 05/06 and last season was better than Croft who got player of the season!

Whilst I agreed with messrs Holt and Hoolahan getting in the League 1 team of the season, I was more pleased for the Doc cause after all the rubbish sprouted by the Doc haters, it was good to see people who know more about the Doc than any of us (players who''ve played against him!) vote him as one of the 2 best CB''s in this Division!

Like I''ve said a few times in recent weeks - show me a better CB in League 1!

I think both the Doc and Nelson are capable of doing a job for us in the Championship although obviously it''ll be harder!

I''ve been to quite a lot of games Morty, but it hardly takes a footballing genius to work out Doc''s a yard or two off the pace for dealing with Championship forwards.

[quote user="Northamptonncfc"]I''ve been to quite a lot of games Morty, but it hardly takes a footballing genius to work out Doc''s a yard or two off the pace for dealing with Championship forwards.[/quote]Is every single centre back in the Prem faster than every single forward?Or does reading the game and making sure you are positionally disciplined have any bearing on it at all?

Of course not but they still need to have some form of pace to keep up with them over a some distance, forcing them off the pace slightly and buying time for other defenders to get back. 

a nieve schoolboy?

if i was still at school i would be quite offended by that comment

consider though that there are many people who are younger than you who have a better knowledge of football

age means nothing

[quote user="Northamptonncfc"]Of course not but they still need to have some form of pace to keep up with them over a some distance, forcing them off the pace slightly and buying time for other defenders to get back. [/quote]You clearly haven''t been here very long but I can tell you that the "Doc has no pace" has been debated to death and pretty much everyone concluded that it wasn''t the case.

[quote user="Northamptonncfc"]So everyone round here thinks his Usain Bolt then.[/quote]Yes, that was the outcome of the debate.[:|]

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

[quote user="tom1902"]again ! my point isnt that he shouldnt get a new contract just that he hasnt performed at championship level for us and should i now refer to you as a doherty lover[/quote]

Are you for real - probably a nieve school boy I suspect?

The Doc since relegation from the Premiership was one of our better performers over a number of seasons. Indeed he got player of the season in 05/06 and last season was better than Croft who got player of the season!

Whilst I agreed with messrs Holt and Hoolahan getting in the League 1 team of the season, I was more pleased for the Doc cause after all the rubbish sprouted by the Doc haters, it was good to see people who know more about the Doc than any of us (players who''ve played against him!) vote him as one of the 2 best CB''s in this Division!

Like I''ve said a few times in recent weeks - show me a better CB in League 1!

I think both the Doc and Nelson are capable of doing a job for us in the Championship although obviously it''ll be harder!

[/quote]

I agree, players can completely change under new managers- just look at Anelka last season, top scorer under Scolari... now he'' just a bit crap. I''m confident that the Doc hasonly gained in confidence etc. since Lambrt took over and I have no worries about that not continuing into the championship. In reference to the original comment by tom; what''s wrong with being a Doc lover? After all he is one of the clubs loyalist, most long serving players...

[quote user="tom1902"]a nieve schoolboy?

if i was still at school i would be quite offended by that comment

consider though that there are many people who are younger than you who have a better knowledge of football

age means nothing[/quote]

Thats the 1st true thing you''ve said on this thread, yes Im sure theirs younger people than myself who have a better knowledge of football than myself!

But judging from your bandwagon jumping, blinkered threads, I dont think that would include yourself!