Sign in to follow this  
Bexley

Well done Delia & Michael for getting to grips with things

Just as when you blame someone when things fail you must give credit when things work. Otherwise the argument has no credibility. There are some good and some bad in the Delia/MWJ stewardship. Decry them for bad appointments and too much loyalty, applaud them for good appointments and sanctioning ruthless action. I had long argued that Doncaster was the problem, not the Smiths. I regret that it has taken these past two seasons to rectify that but its now done. For the first time for many a year we have a team managing this club that appear to be getting the recipe right. That should be celebrated. And the efforts of a woman of around 70 who many on here consider an embarrasment gets a national campaign going with the world''s greatest chef and the nation''s highest quality food retailer, the proceeds of which may well help to fund PL in the summer, should not be ignored. But then Heston must be a nob and Waitrose must smell. Rudolph Hucker, you have a post on this thread which resonates so well.

BTW, since we no longer sing that Rod Stewart classic "we are Norwich, super Norwich" must surely mean that we are not super any more, doesn''t it?

I''ll raise a glass to a superb season, a great management team and the best set of fans in the world bar none, settle down in my armchair to enjoy the world cup in the summer and once again follow football with a smile on my face. Now that ain''t bad.

[quote user="The gut"]

[quote user="Mello Yello"]Delia gets the credit.....But the Barclay don''t sing ''Delia''s Barmy Army'' anymore? Why did they stop?[/quote]

Cos they once loved her and now they don''t. It''s a bit like meeting the girl of your dreams, you''re getting the things couldn''t get better for me feeling, you''re really proud to shout it out in front of your mates, you get married, have kids, then some of your mates have got hotter totty, you''re a little jealous, you pay her less attention, she still loves you but can''t please you anymore, life is unhappy, everything goes wrong, you want something hotter, you moan about her to your mates, it''s all her fault, not yours, you''re kinda stuck with her, you want her to leave, you can''t, it''s your home, you don''t want to lose the kids, she does her best for you to make it work, you don''t care about her anymore, you aint never gonna be proud to shout out you love her again, not unless she wins the lottery.

[/quote]Love it!
O love is handsome and love is fine
Bright as a jewel when first it''s new
but love grows old and waxes cold
And fades away like the morning dew.
And fades away like the morning dew

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

But we''re not talking about last seasons failures. They were done and dusted during the summer and in the autumn. We are now talking about this seasons success.

Why would anyone want to wallow in previous failures when we are about to be crowned champions?

[/quote]

How good to see you do not want us to look back over our shoulders Nutty.Just a pity you don''t practice what you preach as after all much of what you revel in looking back on has been well and truly "done and dusted"

[/quote]

If you like Tilly [:O] But I can still see the difference. You see, I believe I was right to look back. I was told anyone would be better than Worthy yet no one was. Finally, four managers later we have one that could be, if he is then that past will be done and dusted too. Having something to enjoy and celebrate in the present does help to forget the past though. For some people anyway[;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

But we''re not talking about last seasons failures. They were done and dusted during the summer and in the autumn. We are now talking about this seasons success.

Why would anyone want to wallow in previous failures when we are about to be crowned champions?

[/quote]

How good to see you do not want us to look back over our shoulders Nutty.Just a pity you don''t practice what you preach as after all much of what you revel in looking back on has been well and truly "done and dusted"

[/quote]

If you like Tilly [:O] But I can still see the difference. You see, I believe I was right to look back. I was told anyone would be better than Worthy yet no one was. Finally, four managers later we have one that could be, if he is then that past will be done and dusted too. Having something to enjoy and celebrate in the present does help to forget the past though. For some people anyway[;)]

[/quote]

I can see a whole new managerial romance beginning to blossom.I just hope Paul is aware of your strong feelings that you still have for Nigel.I have never heard of a three way bromance.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I can see a whole new managerial romance beginning to blossom.I just hope Paul is aware of your strong feelings that you still have for Nigel.I have never heard of a three way bromance.

[/quote]

Surely CUSDP could get a picture of Nutty with Paul?[;)]

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Surely CUSDP could get a picture of Nutty with Paul?[;)]

[/quote]

You can see the captions now:-

NN passing on tips to Lambert on how using his revolutionary "harpic" system will allow his team to keep more clean sheets.

Your call on team selection says Paul, "legs eleven for continued full houses" says Nutty.

You still think Worthy the better manager says Paul? You bet says Nutty as long as it''s with Billy!![:D]

Well of course Tilly many of my strong feelings for Nigel stem from the unfair way he was, and is continued to be treated, by those who know best[:O] Because since my Worthy and strong feelings were first expressed on here, those who know best have told me that Paul''s current success is down to the fact that Munby and Doomcaster have been replaced and the Devious Duo have been sent out to grass. Now I always thought that what my hero achieved when he took over from Hamilton was nothing short of miraculous anyway. But now when I consider he achieved that while handicapped by Munby and Doomy and with the Wicked Old Trout and her cohorts at their untamed interfering best, I am awestruck! What could he have achieved with McNally? Shame we will never find out and strange that "Worthingtons Green & Yellow Army" had to be replaced by "Delia''s Barmy Army" to show displeasure. No wonder a simple bog cleaning bingo caller gets so confused on this messageboard[*-)]

So there you have Butler, things are much better this season now we are flushed with success. I have enjoyed watching Donkerty make his channel blocks. I have enjoyed watching the sanitised football fans with their inflatable canaries but of course they are a poor imitation of the real fans with their wooden rattles[:O] But my nickname for many posters is still Harpic because they are obviously clean round the bend[;)]

So there you have Butler, things are much better this season now we are flushed with success. I have enjoyed watching Donkerty make his channel blocks. I have enjoyed watching the sanitised football fans with their inflatable canaries but of course they are a poor imitation of the real fans with their wooden rattlesSurprise [:O] But my nickname for many posters is still Harpic because they are obviously clean round the bendWink [;)]

You are obviously taking offence against what you raised in the first place, so in the spirit of celebratory goodwill I wil not mention it again.

Oh Doc''s had a very good season here in Division 3 I am more than happy to admit and sing his praises, still does not make him a class CB in any division higher though.[;)]

[quote user="The gut"]

[quote user="Mello Yello"]Delia gets the credit.....But the Barclay don''t sing ''Delia''s Barmy Army'' anymore? Why did they stop?[/quote]

Cos they once loved her and now they don''t. It''s a bit like meeting the girl of your dreams, you''re getting the things couldn''t get better for me feeling, you''re really proud to shout it out in front of your mates, you get married, have kids, then some of your mates have got hotter totty, you''re a little jealous, you pay her less attention, she still loves you but can''t please you anymore, life is unhappy, everything goes wrong, you want something hotter, you moan about her to your mates, it''s all her fault, not yours, you''re kinda stuck with her, you want her to leave, you can''t, it''s your home, you don''t want to lose the kids, she does her best for you to make it work, you don''t care about her anymore, you aint never gonna be proud to shout out you love her again, not unless she wins the lottery.

[/quote]

Does Micky Wynn sing ''Delia''s Barmy Army''?..... 

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="The gut"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think he sings " I did it her way"

[quote user="The gut"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="The gut"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

As did the rest of the previous Board Members of NCFC.....probably.

But, I bet the new members don''t....

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="The gut"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="The gut"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

As did the rest of the previous Board Members of NCFC.....probably.

But, I bet the new members don''t....

[/quote]

I wonder if Worthy did [^o)]

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

I certainly dont want to wallow in previous failures but am not prepared to accept an attempt to spin recent history, cause and effect, without passing comment. If you ignore the lessons of history you are likely to make the same mistakes again! 

[/quote]

Well said.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="thefutureisyellow"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

I certainly dont want to wallow in previous failures but am not prepared to accept an attempt to spin recent history, cause and effect, without passing comment. If you ignore the lessons of history you are likely to make the same mistakes again! 

[/quote]

Nutty, I think this promotion from a Division we haven''t occupied for almost fifty years hardly overshadows the years of mainly abject dross that''s been on offer since Delia and MJW took hold of the reins.

Nice to have a few beers and a good ol'' sing song but.....
[/quote]

[quote user="The gut"]

Cos they once loved her and now they don''t. [/quote]

They have had their eyes open......its a bit like the Liberal Democrats. Lets hope people open their eyes in time!

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]

BTW, since we no longer sing that Rod Stewart classic "we are Norwich, super Norwich" must surely mean that we are not super any more, doesn''t it?

[/quote]

Well if you are in third tier of football for the first time in 50 years what do you think?

Where are you City Angel...

We need you to come and monitor this thread now because Tangie''s not letting anyone else have a turn[:O]

[;)]

I''m here Nutty but I gave up monitoring months ago so you''ll need SD Pete to sort him out [:)]

The Omen 4 - The Awakening

Gene and Karen York are the living embodiment of The American Dream. Rich, influential attorneys, they have everything a couple could want: except a child.

When the Yorks learn of a beautiful baby girl waiting to adopted, they instantly fall in love with baby Delia and adopt her. But terror and destruction seem to follow Delia wherever she goes. The priest who baptised her mysteriously dies, the psychic fair she attends burns in a fiery holocaust and her nanny falls from a second story window, impaling herself on a merry-go-round. Soon, Delia''s mother begins to questions the "coincidence" of these catastrophes { appointing Roeder, Grant and Gunn}. Her thoughts can''t help but turn toward the biblical prophesy of Armageddon, the final confrontation between the forces of good and evil, beginning with the birth of Satan in human form!