Sign in to follow this  
Row D Seat 7

Honest predictions for next season....

Ipswich did well in 2000/1:

''The team performed commendably in their first season back in the Premier League, finishing in fifth position, as well as reaching the League Cup semi-final for a third time''.

Winning is a habit...

Nearly all othe message boards from our promo rivals seem to think we are the only squad strong enough to survive championship before investment!

[quote user="lmc"]At the moment I''d be happy just to stay up next season (should always be the main priority of a promoted team, consolidate and then anything more is a bonus), but I''m hopeful that with a good summer and us carrying on as we have done for the past 7/8 months then we might sneak a top half finish. Anyone who mentions the play offs as being a realistic aim for next season needs their head looking at in my opinion.[/quote]

Can you recommend a good Psychiatrist?

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]Yep, I think we should be ambitious and go for it as far as possible, but without breaking the bank.

[/quote]I think that''s called "ambition with prudence" Bly. I seem to recall hearing that before somewhere![;)]

[/quote]

No Lap.

I''ve tried consistently on this forum to try and point out that what we actually got was ''prudence with (a little)ambition''. That is a long way different - both practically and psychologically - from what in my view we really neeeded  which was ''ambition with prudence''

Our troika still seems pretty focussed and ambitious. So I hold out hope.

Ambition to me is as much ''a state of mind'' as ''a sole function of the state of the coffers''. And that is an understanding we have been clearly lacking in the past few years.

OTBC

Pretty much agree with this CF, but so far we seem to be following in Leicester''s footsteps and look where they are right now. The thing that bothers me is that if we don''t continue to make the rapid progress we currently are making, how long will we be able to hang on to PL? I think we all realise he and his management team are essential to our continued success.