Sign in to follow this  
ZLF

Transfer targets

I see that the link with Stephane Henchoz continues to grow with more comments that he will be a yellow come jan for a fee of around £1m. My feeling is that he is past his sell by date - any other views?

As far as a striker is concerned I see that Forest need to sell to keep afloat and reduce the wage bill. The big teams will be looking at Reid (too expensive) and Dawson (over-rated and Shackell is far better) but what about David Johnson as an alternative striker on the cheap, bearing in mind the limited options out there? (ZLF stands back having lit the blue touch paper )

OTBC

I think Johnson is a very good idea. He knows where the goal is and would provide us with an alternative.As for Henchoz .... ugghhhh. No thanks.

[quote]I see that the link with Stephane Henchoz continues to grow with more comments that he will be a yellow come jan for a fee of around £1m. My feeling is that he is past his sell by date - any other vie...[/quote]

Your football knowledge astounds me. Shackell better than Dawson or more realistically McKenzie better than Henry

The few times Shackell has played for city at centre back he has impressed me with the way he has approached the task. He has played well against Kluivert this season and had Earnshaw in his pocket alongside Flem against Cardiff last season.

As far as Dawson is concerned he has done well against some poor strikers but always seems to struggle against anyone with any real ability. As such the multi-million pound valuation looks way over the top.

Dawson may have some potential in games I have not seen there, but on the games I have seen Shackell is by far the better player - purely my opinion of course although I struggle to see what my knowledge of football has to do with it; I''m no genius but I have watched a few games of footie in my time and, feel I am as capable of assessing the worth of a player as the next fan.

I am more than happy to change my view if anyone can convince me that I have missed something - however truly taleted players get snapped up young - look at Davenport from Coventry, who is probably better than both.

OTBC

OTBC

Johnson is not a good idea, he hasn''t been very good since he broke his leg and to sign a player in his late 20''s who is unproven at the top level does not make sense.

You''re right WN, I forgot it was Stew*rt who scored the goals for Ipsw*ch when they were good. I thought it was Johnson, but that was 02/03 with Forest wasn''t it? He did score a lot of goals though.

[quote]I see that the link with Stephane Henchoz continues to grow with more comments that he will be a yellow come jan for a fee of around £1m. My feeling is that he is past his sell by date - any other vie...[/quote]

Zipper: On general principle, I''d have to say a big No to David Johnson. The ''East Angian Daily Toilet'' paper would only release another damn T shirt!.

A few years ago maybe, but I don''t think he''s been the same player since his broken leg.

As for Henchoz, whilst unlike you, I think he could still do a job for us, I think his price/wages, would still be way out of our league.

David Johnson

NO !!!!!

At his best he''s a first division forward, more usually he''s just a passenger. Went through a spell of form years back, but nowhere near good enough for the premiership now.

Henchoz is a better call, if we could afford him thats the type of player that would be a good addition.

Maybe we could play him up front

Camberwick.

We could go a step further and pair Henchoz up front with Doherty!!!!!!!!!!!

What do you think?

Seriously, I agree about David Johnson as apart from anything else I understand that he has an attitude problem - so noooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OTBC

Talk about starting a rumour - todays fantasy dodgy football-rumours.com have norwich linked with Johnson for £950k - more than 4 times any realistic valuation! . I agree that Johnson is past his best but he still has someting to prove a if available for nothing may have been worth a risk. Other rumours this morning are Joe Cole (doh he plays frequently even if only in bit parts so not likely), Nathan Ellington and Danny Webber and £800k on Tite-ar-$e Bramble.Well thats £1.7m spent+ wages yet we know today that there our budget is only £1.2m.OTBC

[quote]Talk about starting a rumour - todays fantasy dodgy football-rumours.com have norwich linked with Johnson for £950k - more than 4 times any realistic valuation! . I agree that Johnson is past his bes...[/quote]

Damn!, you beat me to it Zipper.

With the announcement made today on the budget, from old man Doomcaster, maybe you should start a thread, about possible transfer targets, from the 2nd and 3rd divisions!.

It might also be prudent (Oh, how the board love that word!) to include the conference league as well.

I give up!.