Sign in to follow this  
Evil Monkey

Millwall, Millwall (and the rest of the chasing pack)

Millwall! That''s the one! Do you know this chant? ''Millwall, Millwall,

you''re all really dreadful, and your girlfriends are unfulfilled and

alienated... ''
Now that Leeds are out of the way, and we have 1st pretty much wrapped up, what do people genuinely think will happen with the remaining places to 6th?I know we''d all love to see Leeds slip up again next weekend and find themselves in 4th, but can Millwall and Swindon keep their form up to the end of the season?Can Huddersfield or Bristol City mount a late charge for the play-offs to overhaul Charlton or Colchester?Who''s going to get 2nd, and who''s going to end up heartbroken at Wembley?

I reckon Millwall will be runners-up, and Swindon will win the play-offs. I don''t want Swindon to beat Leeds this weekend though, I want it to be a draw. Swindon are only 1 point behind Leeds and a win would bring them too close to the automatic promotion spots

Millwall ,from memory have the easiest run in of anyone.

the two key games in my opinion which will decide it all are, Charlton v Leeds , penultimate match and Swindon v Millwall on the last day of the season.

As for the playoffs, who can honestly predict them ??

[quote user="HazzaJet"]I don''t want Swindon to beat Leeds this weekend though, I want it to be a draw. Swindon are only 1 point behind Leeds and a win would bring them too close to the automatic promotion spots[/quote]I''m trying to work out how that will matter to us in any way...?

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Millwall! That''s the one! Do you know this chant? ''Millwall, Millwall, you''re all really dreadful, and your girlfriends are unfulfilled and alienated... ''

Now that Leeds are out of the way, and we have 1st pretty much wrapped up, what do people genuinely think will happen with the remaining places to 6th?

I know we''d all love to see Leeds slip up again next weekend and find themselves in 4th, but can Millwall and Swindon keep their form up to the end of the season?

Can Huddersfield or Bristol City mount a late charge for the play-offs to overhaul Charlton or Colchester?

Who''s going to get 2nd, and who''s going to end up heartbroken at Wembley?
[/quote]

Rovers surely ?

[;)]

[quote user="First Wazzock"]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Millwall! That''s the one! Do you know this chant? ''Millwall, Millwall, you''re all really dreadful, and your girlfriends are unfulfilled and alienated... ''Now that Leeds are out of the way, and we have 1st pretty much wrapped up, what do people genuinely think will happen with the remaining places to 6th?I know we''d all love to see Leeds slip up again next weekend and find themselves in 4th, but can Millwall and Swindon keep their form up to the end of the season?Can Huddersfield or Bristol City mount a late charge for the play-offs to overhaul Charlton or Colchester?Who''s going to get 2nd, and who''s going to end up heartbroken at Wembley?[/quote]

Rovers surely ?

[;)]

[/quote]Haha, ahem, yes... I''m blaming wine - my excuse and I''m sticking to it! [:$]

Looking at the games that are left Swindon have got a reasonable run in, but there are no easy games at this time of the season.

Their last game is Millwall away, fancy having that decide second place. [:O]

I have got to say though, the momentum is undoubtedly with Millwall and at this moment in time I would say they are worthy of second place.

It wouldn''t be disaster if it did happen but what I''m desperate for the most is automatic promotion, then the title. if Swindon and Leeds dropped 2 points it would pull us 13 points clear of the play-offs. This would also get us promotion secured earlier

That Millwall v Swindon game on the last day of the season is starting to look rather tasty, I''d not want to be an away fan if it didn''t go Millwall''s way!

For Leeds, rather a lot does now look like hanging on next week: lose and they are on a run of 4 defeats, definitely out of the top two for the first time all season, and possibly as low as 4th. That would be demoralising and they would need to play catch-up on horrendous form.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="First Wazzock"]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Millwall! That''s the one! Do you know this chant? ''Millwall, Millwall, you''re all really dreadful, and your girlfriends are unfulfilled and alienated... ''

Now that Leeds are out of the way, and we have 1st pretty much wrapped up, what do people genuinely think will happen with the remaining places to 6th?

I know we''d all love to see Leeds slip up again next weekend and find themselves in 4th, but can Millwall and Swindon keep their form up to the end of the season?

Can Huddersfield or Bristol City mount a late charge for the play-offs to overhaul Charlton or Colchester?

[/quote]

Rovers surely ?

[;)]

[/quote]
Haha, ahem, yes... I''m blaming wine - my excuse and I''m sticking to it! [:$]
[/quote]

Opting for the wrong bristols can have very serious consequences.........[;)]

[quote user="HazzaJet"]It wouldn''t be disaster if it did happen but what I''m desperate for the most is automatic promotion, then the title. if Swindon and Leeds dropped 2 points it would pull us 13 points clear of the play-offs. This would also get us promotion secured earlier[/quote]Ah, I''m with you... [Y] sorry, for a moment there I thought I''d come across someone who was still convinced we were going to chuff it up... Not really covering myself in glory with this thread, am I?! [:S]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="First Wazzock"]

[/quote]

Rovers surely ?

[;)]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Good for you  EM, we had friends round last night and several bottles of fine red were drunk and several headaches were evident this morning !!! [H]

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="First Wazzock"]

[/quote]

Rovers surely ?

[;)]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Especially when they are not the wifes. [:#]

[quote user="First Wazzock"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="First Wazzock"]

[/quote]

Rovers surely ?

[;)]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

First Wazzock,...the joke was made by the previous poster....you have robbed him of the impact of his humour. Not the first on this board to do so.

I am now asking myself why i have bothered to read this thread as it is not for the Percy Positives like me.Personally i really don''t care who finishes a mile behind us in second spot and don''t give a flying fig who may or may not make the play offs or who will suffer Wembley heartache. So there!!!

[quote user="First Wizard"]Beat Tranmere Friday and we don''t need to worry about Saturday.[/quote]I think we''ve got enough to get another 6 points out of the Easter weekend, which would put us on 88 points with 6 games left... IIts pie in the sky thinking, but if Millwall lose to Brentford, Swindon and Leeds draw, followed by defeats for all three teams on Easter Monday, we''d be 16 points ahead of second, with 18 points left to play for..........................Just saying.........

[quote user="dpit"][quote user="First Wazzock"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="First Wazzock"]

[/quote]

Rovers surely ?

[;)]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote] First Wazzock,...the joke was made by the previous poster....you have robbed him of the impact of his humour. Not the first on this board to do so.[/quote]

As you feel you ''got it'' before my comment I have hardly robbed him of his impact, have I ?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

I am now asking myself why i have bothered to read this thread as it is not for the Percy Positives like me.Personally i really don''t care who finishes a mile behind us in second spot and don''t give a flying fig who may or may not make the play offs or who will suffer Wembley heartache. So there!!!

[/quote]Typical rozzer, turning a blind eye to Leeds... [;)]

[quote user="First Wazzock"][quote user="dpit"][quote user="First Wazzock"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="First Wazzock"]

[/quote]

Rovers surely ?

[;)]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote] First Wazzock,...the joke was made by the previous poster....you have robbed him of the impact of his humour. Not the first on this board to do so.[/quote]

As you feel you ''got it'' before my comment I have hardly robbed him of his impact, have I ?

[/quote]

How very dare you Wazzy! I have been in tears for the last half hour......[H]