Sign in to follow this  
Barclaybred

The atmos on sat and the night was like

Every home game should be like that from now on.I thought the Leeds fans were disappointing, I expected them to sing more.

[quote user="morty"]Every home game should be like that from now on.

I thought the Leeds fans were disappointing, I expected them to sing more.
[/quote]

Simply not gonna happen Morty..... it should be but wont...... me and my mates were talking about this in the Barclay on Saturday how games are in a category,

Scum games are an A, games like Leeds are a B the rest being C, the atmos in there on Saturday was that of a scum game but no way will it be generated week in week out!!!!

I WISH!!!!

I think they sang but for once all our stands sang and drowned them out! ive gotta say i have never heard us soooo loud! and the happiness and buzz in the city sat night was superb! this is why i would hate to be a man u fan living here..When they doing something special,the city aint fussed so the excitement quickly dies  :)  Oh the day we beat man utd,did all the stands sing then? I still think this was the loudest ever!

I lost my wallet when we scored on Sat, and after the game had to speak to a steward to get it back he had been working there for 35 years and said he never heard the barclay that loud, all the stands after we scored were singing was a special feeling loved it!!!!!!

[quote user="NCFC4LIFE"]

[quote user="morty"]Every home game should be like that from now on.I thought the Leeds fans were disappointing, I expected them to sing more.[/quote]

Simply not gonna happen Morty..... it should be but wont...... me and my mates were talking about this in the Barclay on Saturday how games are in a category,

Scum games are an A, games like Leeds are a B the rest being C, the atmos in there on Saturday was that of a scum game but no way will it be generated week in week out!!!!

I WISH!!!!

[/quote]Were you here for the promotion season?The atmosphere built and built with every game till we won it. I think party time is upon us and every game is going to be good.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="NCFC4LIFE"]

[quote user="morty"]Every home game should be like that from now on.

I thought the Leeds fans were disappointing, I expected them to sing more.
[/quote]

I WISH!!!!

[/quote]

Were you here for the promotion season?

The atmosphere built and built with every game till we won it. I think party time is upon us and every game is going to be good.
[/quote]

Agreed, our promotion season in the old division 1 was excellent, the last few home games had a great party feel atmosphere to it, even the Jarrold stand was singing along towards the end of that season. I think it will begin to be much the same this year now that promotion is virtually assured.

I kind of think scoring that late contributed to the atmosphere. Because it was so late it was virtually impossible for Leeds to strike back

Indeed i was here when we won promotion to the prem!!!

Dont get me wrong i think Carrow Road will be buzzing from here on in, but i simply saying some games are special and that game on Saturday was just that......

You should know Carrow Road by now if your a consistant participant at home games, the noise level is unfortunately inconsistant.

[quote user="Wembley_Canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="NCFC4LIFE"]

[quote user="morty"]Every home game should be like that from now on.I thought the Leeds fans were disappointing, I expected them to sing more.[/quote]

I WISH!!!!

[/quote]Were you here for the promotion season?The atmosphere built and built with every game till we won it. I think party time is upon us and every game is going to be good.[/quote]

Agreed, our promotion season in the old division 1 was excellent, the last few home games had a great party feel atmosphere to it, even the Jarrold stand was singing along towards the end of that season. I think it will begin to be much the same this year now that promotion is virtually assured.

[/quote]I hope so.The last 6 or 7 games of that season were just amazing, my happiest times as a Canary fan.

[quote user="NCFC4LIFE"]

Indeed i was here when we won promotion to the prem!!!

Dont get me wrong i think Carrow Road will be buzzing from here on in, but i simply saying some games are special and that game on Saturday was just that......

You should know Carrow Road by now if your a consistant participant at home games, the noise level is unfortunately inconsistant.

[/quote]Yeah, Saturday was special, for all sorts of reasons, I so wish it could be like that every week!!

Talking of that promo year,i think we were noiser 2 years earlier when we beat wolves when malky scored his 2nd! ..So Sat against leeds BEST ive heard..2nd goes to the semifinal play off against wolves and 3rd has to be anytime we play them down there,with my best memory being the pen that never was :)

[quote user="Barclaybred"]

Talking of that promo year,i think we were noiser 2 years earlier when we beat wolves when malky scored his 2nd! ..So Sat against leeds BEST ive heard..2nd goes to the semifinal play off against wolves and 3rd has to be anytime we play them down there,with my best memory being the pen that never was :)

[/quote]

The barnsley away was noisy,more than when we took 8,000 to palace!..But wolves 1st semi was awsome ..Sat was better though and thats the first time the place rocked!...Who was that group of lads walking down prince of wales road sat night after misnight singing "were going up up up",any of you on here?

I don''t know of any stewads that have been with the club for 35 years but I do know that although the noise was loud it was never what it was in ''years gone by''.

If nothing else for the open roofed stands the ground now has. Try being back in the days of the terraces Barclay stand when the singing echoed way into the City. Once the South stand roused itself and you had a chorus ot two of "On the Ball City" ringing round the whole ground it made yje hairs stand on the back of you head.

Sadly the modern day cuckoo clock version is a bit embarrasing - more so with the ''announcer'' having to give a count down just before the game starts.

Still ,I suppose it''s another reflection of how sanitised the game has become.

[quote user="City1st"]I don''t know of any stewads that have been with the club for 35 years but I do know that although the noise was loud it was never what it was in ''years gone by''. If nothing else for the open roofed stands the ground now has. Try being back in the days of the terraces Barclay stand when the singing echoed way into the City. Once the South stand roused itself and you had a chorus ot two of "On the Ball City" ringing round the whole ground it made yje hairs stand on the back of you head. Sadly the modern day cuckoo clock version is a bit embarrasing - more so with the ''announcer'' having to give a count down just before the game starts. Still ,I suppose it''s another reflection of how sanitised the game has become.[/quote]

Whats your name Mr Carrow?!!! lol

So the steward made it up!!! Wish i was able to be there in the days of the terraces but due to my age that was bfore my time..... Gutted!!!!

The home game against Reading last year also atmos was memorable...... Also the Wolves play-off game!!!

Was the best atmosphere since we played Ipswich last season. I have yet to celebrate harder than when Croft scored to the top corner, was simply an amazing goal.

I think we should also change our song from "we only hate Wolves and Ipswich" to "we hate Wolves, Leeds and Ipswich"

Home match against reading? Where were you sitting? it was good but not in the same league as wolves semi in 2002 let alone saturdays! ...and to city 1st, Cant imagine the atmosphere in the 70`s etc was as loud as now as the ends of the stands were open,where as we are now enclosed,plus watching the canary classics etc,i think only the barclay sang..

[b][green]Back in the late 60''s early70''s when I first started going the South Stand used to sing as well as the Barclay.[/green][/b]

[quote user="Harry"][b][green]Back in the late 60''s early70''s when I first started going the South Stand used to sing as well as the Barclay.[/green][/b]
[/quote]

When did the seats go in,bro seems to think the south stand singing was when the barclay used to go in there when the barcly was filled up and no tickets left..a man utd cup match and some other game he cant remember...and apprantly it was not seats then?

The seats went in during the summer of 1975 due to a lack of seats in the ground, it wasn''t a popular decision amongst the Fans.

I was just a lad back then and there was definitely singing coming from the South Stand every game, there was banter between the Barclay and the South Stand, if the South Stand were quiet the Barclay sang Sing up the South Stand and vice versa, the Barclay were always louder though.

[quote user="Harry"]The seats went in during the summer of 1975 due to a lack of seats in the ground, it wasn''t a popular decision amongst the Fans. [/quote]

Didnt we used to get 35thou at some matches before then? i was told against man utd and a promotion match against villa we got something like this.And a palace match!  ..I wonder how much our attendance was cut down because of that decision to put seats in?

The record attendance is 43,984 in 1963

v Leicester  in the 6th round of the FA Cup

My Dad was a season ticket holder in the River end and a member of the 101 club in the early 80''s, he was telling me about singing "can you hear the Barclay sing" when they were quiet, we sat in the Barclay saturday in EU and it was a great atmosphere all day, i was smashed on cider before the game and after a couple of swift ones at half time was well on the way nearing the goal, just before a few fans started leaving to get out early and i shouted about so many people wanting tickets and these idiots leave early just to get home quick, just then the goal went in! haha bet they wished they could have heard the roar from the stand not the bar area

Just a balance of how drunk i was, i thought Rusty kicked Becchio in the face and thought Kandol elbowed Russel Martin haha

When i was in my early teens you could walk into the back of the south stand and think " right where am i going to stand today " it used to be great in there at times , remember the league cup semi final v man u when suggett scored . now that was an atmosphere ! also as someone said the villa game in the same year ( we lost 4-1 ) 35,999 in the ground . fantastic !

The biggest crowd i have ever been in at carrow road was against scum in the fa cup 1984 4th round...berchin scored only goal of the game.......28,501 i''ll never forget that game packed liked sardines in the barclay.Coins being thrown by both sets of supporters,scarves being burnt on the fence seprating the fans.I remember a guy asking his woman too marry him at half time out in the centre circle...even went down on 1 knee.But of course i shall never forget the night in the milk cup semi final 2nd leg..........the rest is history but the atmosphere was......unbelievable.......i wont ever forget it.......those games are special and thanx city for making them happen.

The old south stand! I guess I must have been around 11-12 me and my mates used to go through boulton and paul climb over the fence and get in under the stand then access the stand by a stairwell Never failed

[quote user="Delias Devonshire Dirtbox"]

My Dad was a season ticket holder in the River end and a member of the 101 club in the early 80''s, he was telling me about singing "can you hear the Barclay sing" when they were quiet, we sat in the Barclay saturday in EU and it was a great atmosphere all day, i was smashed on cider before the game and after a couple of swift ones at half time was well on the way nearing the goal, just before a few fans started leaving to get out early and i shouted about so many people wanting tickets and these idiots leave early just to get home quick, just then the goal went in! haha bet they wished they could have heard the roar from the stand not the bar area

Just a balance of how drunk i was, i thought Rusty kicked Becchio in the face and thought Kandol elbowed Russel Martin haha

[/quote]

I remember the River End being packed so full that they used to take some fans out and walk them in front of the south Stand round to the Barclay and stick them in the pens there. .....and we always sang at least as loud as the Barclay...[:D]