Sign in to follow this  
canaries

Would you start McNamee

[quote user="rjwc22"]True enough but there is no manager in the world that inspires enough confidence to stop any fool with a copy of Football Manager thinking they could do a better job!

Seriously, have you seen how good Cody gets by the 2018 season etc!!!

I think the Russel suspension will necessitate a bit of a change as think Hughes is a different player.[/quote]Makes me wonder if maybe Spillane is the answer in the Russell position, though I don''t know if he''s fit enough yet.

[quote]losing a few games to two good sides isn''t the panic we are all making it into.[/quote]I think this hits the nail on the head.We lost two games, against two of the form sides in the league.I know we were the form team, but this happens.I am confident in at least a 2-0 win tonight (don''t prove me wrong City).@ Football Manager: I suck at it even if I try to cheat :( lol.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="rjwc22"]True enough but there is no manager in the world that inspires enough confidence to stop any fool with a copy of Football Manager thinking they could do a better job! Seriously, have you seen how good Cody gets by the 2018 season etc!!! I think the Russel suspension will necessitate a bit of a change as think Hughes is a different player.[/quote]

Makes me wonder if maybe Spillane is the answer in the Russell position, though I don''t know if he''s fit enough yet.
[/quote]

hmmm yes he can play DM/RM ;) hmm askou instead of nelson yay :D hehe

[quote user="Crox"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="rjwc22"]True enough but there is no manager in the world that inspires enough confidence to stop any fool with a copy of Football Manager thinking they could do a better job! Seriously, have you seen how good Cody gets by the 2018 season etc!!! I think the Russel suspension will necessitate a bit of a change as think Hughes is a different player.[/quote]Makes me wonder if maybe Spillane is the answer in the Russell position, though I don''t know if he''s fit enough yet.[/quote]

[/quote]I honestly don''t know if Askou is fit enough yet either, another one that Lambo is better placed to decide than I am!

[quote user="Sephiroth Owa"][quote]losing a few games to two good sides isn''t the panic we are all making it into.[/quote]

I think this hits the nail on the head.

We lost two games, against two of the form sides in the league.
I know we were the form team, but this happens.

I am confident in at least a 2-0 win tonight (don''t prove me wrong City).

@ Football Manager: I suck at it even if I try to cheat :( lol.
[/quote]

hmm poor you ive won the prem many times with king lynn ;) hmm and the FA cup League cup and Champions league yay i must be good ill be manager one day :P :D lol

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Crox"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="rjwc22"]True enough but there is no manager in the world that inspires enough confidence to stop any fool with a copy of Football Manager thinking they could do a better job! Seriously, have you seen how good Cody gets by the 2018 season etc!!! I think the Russel suspension will necessitate a bit of a change as think Hughes is a different player.[/quote]

Makes me wonder if maybe Spillane is the answer in the Russell position, though I don''t know if he''s fit enough yet.
[/quote]

[/quote]

I honestly don''t know if Askou is fit enough yet either, another one that Lambo is better placed to decide than I am!
[/quote]

fair enough morty good point but i guess the only way to know if he is match fit is to play him and get him back into the team and go back on a winning run again can we break the same record twice ;)

I know what you mean Morty! So many threads where you think there is a definitive answer, but then end up re-posting a dozen times.

[quote user="morty"]Lol at me being sick of the endless debate but getting sucked into it anyway!
[/quote]

you will never leave this thread ;) you are doomed to keep talking about the right team :D

[quote user="rjwc22"]I know what you mean Morty! So many threads where you think there is a definitive answer, but then end up re-posting a dozen times.[/quote]

hmm debates may last a long time , and im the sort of person who think im always right hehe hmm im a arogant :''( o well at least are opinons are being said

[quote user="NCFC1"]As he has been playing well of then bench would you put him in from the start tonight and who would u put him in for ?

i would put him in for lappin and give him a chanced[/quote]They could slot McNamee in as is and simply move Lappin inside to Russells or even get Smith to take that role. The most obvious decision to make would be to throw Gill in there as a direct replacement to Russell which has been seen to work on a couple of occaisions in the past.However I wonder if we will see a switch to a 4-4-2 with either Martin or Hoolahan playing a wider role.

I think the diamond still works, in particular against the lesser sides. I would put Hughes in to replace Russell Whether I would put Smith of Hughes at the foot of the diamond I don''t know. Probably Hughes.

Games like away at Swindon I think I would look to go 4 4 2 with McNamee starting instead of Hoolahan. I think better sides have sussed us and we lack width and pace up front.

Defo... McNamee in for Lappin...Has been a no-brainer for several weeks for me... especially when we are playing the likes of Southend at home.If our 4 defenders and midfielder in the holding role are not inviting crap teams like Southend to come on to us at home then I don''t know what is, so why the hell can''t we have an attacking winger in the diamond formation?

[quote user="Smudger"]Defo... McNamee in for Lappin...Has been a no-brainer for several weeks for me... especially when we are playing the likes of Southend at home.If our 4 defenders and midfielder in the holding role are not inviting crap teams like Southend to come on to us at home then I don''t know what is, so why the hell can''t we have an attacking winger in the diamond formation?[/quote]Obviously not a no brainer in Mr Lambert''s opinion though.[;)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="rjwc22"]True enough but there is no manager in the world that inspires enough confidence to stop any fool with a copy of Football Manager thinking they could do a better job!

I think the Russel suspension will necessitate a bit of a change as think Hughes is a different player.[/quote]Makes me wonder if maybe Spillane is the answer in the Russell position, though I don''t know if he''s fit enough yet.[/quote]This could be a very good shout Morty... [Y]Although it does have to be said that you would not want to play any player in such a position unless you were sure of their fitness. I wonder if we can get any more than an hour out of Hughes though???

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="morty"][quote user="rjwc22"]True enough but there is no manager in the world that inspires enough confidence to stop any fool with a copy of Football Manager thinking they could do a better job!

I think the Russel suspension will necessitate a bit of a change as think Hughes is a different player.[/quote]Makes me wonder if maybe Spillane is the answer in the Russell position, though I don''t know if he''s fit enough yet.[/quote]This could be a very good shout Morty... [Y]Although it does have to be said that you would not want to play any player in such a position unless you were sure of their fitness. I wonder if we can get any more than an hour out of Hughes though???[/quote]I saw Hughes against Ipswich reserves and he looked neither fit or particularly interested in my opinion.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Smudger"]Defo... McNamee in for Lappin...Has been a no-brainer for several weeks for me... especially when we are playing the likes of Southend at home.If our 4 defenders and midfielder in the holding role are not inviting crap teams like Southend to come on to us at home then I don''t know what is, so why the hell can''t we have an attacking winger in the diamond formation?[/quote]Obviously not a no brainer in Mr Lambert''s opinion though.[;)][/quote]I think he is a bit nervous and afraid that he may be savaged by some of thepinkun sheep if he makes changes and the result goes against us.But I feel that deep down he knows it makes sense... [;)]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="morty"][quote user="rjwc22"]True enough but there is no manager in the world that inspires enough confidence to stop any fool with a copy of Football Manager thinking they could do a better job!

I think the Russel suspension will necessitate a bit of a change as think Hughes is a different player.[/quote]Makes me wonder if maybe Spillane is the answer in the Russell position, though I don''t know if he''s fit enough yet.[/quote]This could be a very good shout Morty... [Y]Although it does have to be said that you would not want to play any player in such a position unless you were sure of their fitness. I wonder if we can get any more than an hour out of Hughes though???[/quote]I thought Spillane looked pretty tidy for the reserves the other day.It would be nice to see him filling Russell''s boots as he is not one to duck out of a tackle, and I think we could do with that today to let Saarfend know we aren''t faltering like Leeds.

[quote user="Sephiroth Owa"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="morty"][quote user="rjwc22"]True enough but there is no manager in the world that inspires enough confidence to stop any fool with a copy of Football Manager thinking they could do a better job!

I think the Russel suspension will necessitate a bit of a change as think Hughes is a different player.[/quote]Makes me wonder if maybe Spillane is the answer in the Russell position, though I don''t know if he''s fit enough yet.[/quote]This could be a very good shout Morty... [Y]Although it does have to be said that you would not want to play any player in such a position unless you were sure of their fitness. I wonder if we can get any more than an hour out of Hughes though???[/quote]I thought Spillane looked pretty tidy for the reserves the other day.It would be nice to see him filling Russell''s boots as he is not one to duck out of a tackle, and I think we could do with that today to let Saarfend know we aren''t faltering like Leeds.[/quote]I agree it is a very good shout by Morty... and not even one that I had considered Morty... nice to see you think outside the box... maybe you could be my Peter Taylor when a football club finally realises that I am the next Brian Clough and have just not been discovered yet? [Y] [;)]The tackle that Spillane put in on some Gillingham player (was it Weston) earlier this season was awesome! Spillane has all the attributes to play that position that is for sure... I am just wondering if he could be a little hot headed (just as Russell has been accused of many times in the past) to fill such a role at such a young age.I think maybe go with Hughes for the first hour and then if Spillane is fit enough bring him on 2nd half?

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Sephiroth Owa"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="morty"][quote user="rjwc22"]True enough but there is no manager in the world that inspires enough confidence to stop any fool with a copy of Football Manager thinking they could do a better job!

I think the Russel suspension will necessitate a bit of a change as think Hughes is a different player.[/quote]Makes me wonder if maybe Spillane is the answer in the Russell position, though I don''t know if he''s fit enough yet.[/quote]This could be a very good shout Morty... [Y]Although it does have to be said that you would not want to play any player in such a position unless you were sure of their fitness. I wonder if we can get any more than an hour out of Hughes though???[/quote]I thought Spillane looked pretty tidy for the reserves the other day.It would be nice to see him filling Russell''s boots as he is not one to duck out of a tackle, and I think we could do with that today to let Saarfend know we aren''t faltering like Leeds.[/quote]I agree it is a very good shout by Morty... and not even one that I had considered Morty... nice to see you think outside the box... maybe you could be my Peter Taylor when a football club finally realises that I am the next Brian Clough and have just not been discovered yet? [Y] [;)]The tackle that Spillane put in on some Gillingham player (was it Weston) earlier this season was awesome! Spillane has all the attributes to play that position that is for sure... I am just wondering if he could be a little hot headed (just as Russell has been accused of many times in the past) to fill such a role at such a young age.I think maybe go with Hughes for the first hour and then if Spillane is fit enough bring him on 2nd half?[/quote]I think that would be a good idea... Possibly earlier if it looks like Saarfend want to boss the midfield and Hughes is lacking.Also, I don''t know if I''m mistake, but didn''t Spillane originally start out as a holding midfielder? I had something in my head saying he did :)As for being hot headed, that''s expected for a player in this position. Hell, some of the best over the last few years have been animals (Gatusso being a prime example for Milan).

[quote user="Sephiroth Owa"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Sephiroth Owa"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="morty"][quote user="rjwc22"]True enough but there is no manager in the world that inspires enough confidence to stop any fool with a copy of Football Manager thinking they could do a better job!

I think the Russel suspension will necessitate a bit of a change as think Hughes is a different player.[/quote]Makes me wonder if maybe Spillane is the answer in the Russell position, though I don''t know if he''s fit enough yet.[/quote]This could be a very good shout Morty... [Y]Although it does have to be said that you would not want to play any player in such a position unless you were sure of their fitness. I wonder if we can get any more than an hour out of Hughes though???[/quote]I thought Spillane looked pretty tidy for the reserves the other day.It would be nice to see him filling Russell''s boots as he is not one to duck out of a tackle, and I think we could do with that today to let Saarfend know we aren''t faltering like Leeds.[/quote]I agree it is a very good shout by Morty... and not even one that I had considered Morty... nice to see you think outside the box... maybe you could be my Peter Taylor when a football club finally realises that I am the next Brian Clough and have just not been discovered yet? [Y] [;)]The tackle that Spillane put in on some Gillingham player (was it Weston) earlier this season was awesome! Spillane has all the attributes to play that position that is for sure... I am just wondering if he could be a little hot headed (just as Russell has been accused of many times in the past) to fill such a role at such a young age.I think maybe go with Hughes for the first hour and then if Spillane is fit enough bring him on 2nd half?[/quote]I think that would be a good idea... Possibly earlier if it looks like Saarfend want to boss the midfield and Hughes is lacking.Also, I don''t know if I''m mistake, but didn''t Spillane originally start out as a holding midfielder? I had something in my head saying he did :)As for being hot headed, that''s expected for a player in this position. Hell, some of the best over the last few years have been animals (Gatusso being a prime example for Milan).[/quote]Spillane certainly started out as a centre midfielder... [Y]It would also be the ideal position for his talents possibly, but at such a young age it is a lot of responisibility to place on his shoulders.  I agree that you need to be an agressive ball winner playing in such a position and need to be hot headed to a certain degree.  All of the great ball winning midfielders and defenders over the years know exactly when to flick the switch and turn it off though.  So when things are not going their way they have a certain knack of not picking up as many bookings as they might.  This kind of cool temprament in the heat of battle usually only comes with experience.I am sure that Spillane could do us proud in the 2nd half if fit and required in this role though.

Anyhow... do not want to pull this thread further off topic by discussing the merits of Spillane in the holding role.  Morty really should of started a new thread with such a good shout!Back on topic with would you start McNamee?

[quote user="Smudger"]Anyhow... do not want to pull this thread further off topic by discussing the merits of Spillane in the holding role.  Morty really should of started a new thread with such a good shout!Back on topic with would you start McNamee?[/quote]On topic eh?If we are to start McNamee, I feel we need a stronger player sitting back. This would be a reason to start Spillane ahead of Hughes.Lappin''s performances have waned recently, but he does still chip in at the back.From what I''ve seen of McNamee, he doesn''t look like the sort of guy to help out at the back. That, and he is a midget.If McNamee starts, so does Spillane (or Gill maybe), if Lappin starts, Hughes to play, as he will get the help from Lappin.

[quote user="Smudger"]Anyhow... do not want to pull this thread further off topic by discussing the merits of Spillane in the holding role.  Morty really should of started a new thread with such a good shout!Back on topic with would you start McNamee?[/quote]

Ahem! > [url]http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/2012219/ShowPost.aspx[/url] 9th post down.

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="morty"]No.[/quote]

Really?I thought he played pretty well.

chortle[/quote]Yeah he played okay.My call on Hughes was right though, complete bobbins tonight.

[quote user="Sephiroth Owa"][quote user="Smudger"]Anyhow... do not want to pull this thread further off topic by discussing the merits of Spillane in the holding role.  Morty really should of started a new thread with such a good shout!Back on topic with would you start McNamee?[/quote]On topic eh?If we are to start McNamee, I feel we need a stronger player sitting back. This would be a reason to start Spillane ahead of Hughes.Lappin''s performances have waned recently, but he does still chip in at the back.From what I''ve seen of McNamee, he doesn''t look like the sort of guy to help out at the back. That, and he is a midget.If McNamee starts, so does Spillane (or Gill maybe), if Lappin starts, Hughes to play, as he will get the help from Lappin.[/quote]

Yep - I''m certain Spillane would''ve put in a better shift tonight than Hughes. But then I''d have preferred to start the latter wide right with McNamee on his preferred left flank.