Sign in to follow this  
canaries

Would you start McNamee

As he has been playing well of then bench would you put him in from the start tonight and who would u put him in for ?

i would put him in for lappin and give him a chanced

Yes, hmm if to people try two mark hoola and two on holt then McNamee and martin could attack with Kory DM/CM/RM leaving lappin out would be a good attacking team and making southend thin out in defence

The problem with this my friend is it changes the formation we have been use to all season, which is a diamond!!!

It takes away the free role we give Hoolahan, Lappin and Rusty Holding, on the other hand we need three points tonight and Southend havn''t won in 2010 yet so i think we should go at them so there is the argument that McNamee gives us that option of getting it out wide hitting the by-line and getting crosses in for HandM!!!

OTBC

Plus when we played 442 at the start of the season we only managed 10 points from a possible 30. Cant see Lambert changing the diamond and his press conference suggestes the same.

http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/NewsDetails/0,,10355~1973598,00.html

Reckon a 4-1-2-2-1 with two wide men supporting Holt might work as long as Wes has the freedom to come inside as much as he wants.

Tough to say as the diamond has been the most consistent performer we have had this year!

Rusty (if eligable) Smith

McNamee                                               Hoolahan

Martin

Holt 

Hoolahan could still have a free role on the left as McNamee is left footed so if Hoolahan drifts over to the right then they just switch. Also better if Drury is fit as he gets forward a lot better than rose!!!     

[quote user="NCFC4LIFE"]

Rusty (if eligable) Smith

McNamee                                               Hoolahan

Martin

Holt 

Hoolahan could still have a free role on the left as McNamee is left footed so if Hoolahan drifts over to the right then they just switch. Also better if Drury is fit as he gets forward a lot better than rose!!!     

[/quote]

this was the team i was talking about attacking, southend wont know what hit them hehe , nah seriously we need goals and a clean sheet and if hoola and holt being marked by two then i don''t southend will be able to cope with our number of bodies just keep our defence tight and sent the CB up for the set pieces

[quote user="SimonOTBC"]As much as I''d like to start him, it''s the age old problem of how to fit Hoolahan and McNamee into the team. Any suggestions of formation with him in the side?[/quote]

Chortle; that "age old" problem have we''ve had for all of twelve-and-a-half weeks.

Sorry, I''ve not got anything more constructive to add.

I''ll get me coat.

(p.s. deliberate grammatical error, before I get pounced on for using ''me'' instead of ''my'').

[quote user="Crox"]Morty how do you want the team then[/quote]If I''m honest I''m starting to tire of the endless debate.I know that we are all entitled to our opinion, and the discussion, but theres part of me that thinks "Sod it, Lambert knows far more about this than I do so I shall just turn up and do my bit with the singing and the shouting and leave the business to him"I don''t think MacNamee warrants a start yet. I think the system is fine, it was created to best accommodate Wes who simply can''t be left out of the team, but perhaps a few people in the engine room need freshening up, I think fannying about with it too much would be unwise.[:)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Crox"]Morty how do you want the team then[/quote]

If I''m honest I''m starting to tire of the endless debate.

I know that we are all entitled to our opinion, and the discussion, but theres part of me that thinks "Sod it, Lambert knows far more about this than I do so I shall just turn up and do my bit with the singing and the shouting and leave the business to him"

I don''t think MacNamee warrants a start yet. I think the system is fine, it was created to best accommodate Wes who simply can''t be left out of the team, but perhaps a few people in the engine room need freshening up, I think fannying about with it too much would be unwise.

[:)]
[/quote]

good view maybe we should all just turn up and get behind the starting 11 :) lambert knows what players should be played. In lambert we trust I supose ;)

[quote user="Crox"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Crox"]Morty how do you want the team then[/quote]If I''m honest I''m starting to tire of the endless debate.I know that we are all entitled to our opinion, and the discussion, but theres part of me that thinks "Sod it, Lambert knows far more about this than I do so I shall just turn up and do my bit with the singing and the shouting and leave the business to him"I don''t think MacNamee warrants a start yet. I think the system is fine, it was created to best accommodate Wes who simply can''t be left out of the team, but perhaps a few people in the engine room need freshening up, I think fannying about with it too much would be unwise.[:)][/quote]

good view maybe we should all just turn up and get behind the starting 11 :) lambert knows what players should be played. In lambert we trust I supose ;)

[/quote]Yeah, we all debate it to death, but we''re just fans at the end of the day. Lambert see''s who is performing in training, knows who is carrying a knock etc etc.And I watched the reserves against Ipswich a few weeks ago and there wasn''t much there that impressed me, so maybe Lambert is playing the best team we can put out already and losing a few games to two good sides isn''t the panic we are all making it into.

I agree Morty - we have not got the players to play 442 and it will mean dropping Hoolahan. For all those with short memories midway through the Orient game was when we played the diamond for the first time - up until then everyone was saying we were not good enough to create against any team that defended Walsall at home a good example.

I have my tin hat ready

If the diamond really has failed I worry about the alternetive of 442 as with mainly the same players this failed miserably over our first 10 games.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Crox"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Crox"]Morty how do you want the team then[/quote]If I''m honest I''m starting to tire of the endless debate.I know that we are all entitled to our opinion, and the discussion, but theres part of me that thinks "Sod it, Lambert knows far more about this than I do so I shall just turn up and do my bit with the singing and the shouting and leave the business to him"I don''t think MacNamee warrants a start yet. I think the system is fine, it was created to best accommodate Wes who simply can''t be left out of the team, but perhaps a few people in the engine room need freshening up, I think fannying about with it too much would be unwise.[:)][/quote]

[/quote]Yeah, we all debate it to death, but we''re just fans at the end of the day. Lambert see''s who is performing in training, knows who is carrying a knock etc etc.And I watched the reserves against Ipswich a few weeks ago and there wasn''t much there that impressed me, so maybe Lambert is playing the best team we can put out already and losing a few games to two good sides isn''t the panic we are all making it into.[/quote]

That is a very good point Crox did not see Ipswich but saw Luton and I did not think my god why is he not playing and they were told they needed to proove a point

[quote user="Lambert is King"]I agree Morty - we have not got the players to play 442 and it will mean dropping Hoolahan. For all those with short memories midway through the Orient game was when we played the diamond for the first time - up until then everyone was saying we were not good enough to create against any team that defended Walsall at home a good example. I have my tin hat ready If the diamond really has failed I worry about the alternetive of 442 as with mainly the same players this failed miserably over our first 10 games.[/quote]

ill be there tonight so i will get behind any player thats playing , lets keep are heads high and win this league and next season hopefully get into a good postion in the champ i would mind mid table that would be an improvement for a once great team, maybe one day we can relive the glory days

[quote user="Crox"]

[quote user="Lambert is King"]I agree Morty - we have not got the players to play 442 and it will mean dropping Hoolahan. For all those with short memories midway through the Orient game was when we played the diamond for the first time - up until then everyone was saying we were not good enough to create against any team that defended Walsall at home a good example. I have my tin hat ready If the diamond really has failed I worry about the alternetive of 442 as with mainly the same players this failed miserably over our first 10 games.[/quote]

ill be there tonight so i will get behind any player thats playing , lets keep are heads high and win this league and next season hopefully get into a good postion in the champ i would mind mid table that would be an improvement for a once great team, maybe one day we can relive the glory days

[/quote]I think its important that we all keep an optimistic attitude, because when nervousness spreads through the crowd it creates a very tense atmosphere for the players, I''m very sure that it has a very negative effect on them.

i would agree if we get behind the players , they will fight for that win which will put us on 69 points giving us a great chance of getting out of this league

I don''t think anyone is saying that if Nelson etc plays we will not cheer him.

It is the same old problem, where the days after watching a losing performance stretch on forever and everyone wants to suggest how to get back to the euphoria a win brings.

[quote user="rjwc22"]I don''t think anyone is saying that if Nelson etc plays we will not cheer him.

It is the same old problem, where the days after watching a losing performance stretch on forever and everyone wants to suggest how to get back to the euphoria a win brings.[/quote]Ah but the difference is that we now have a manager who knows what he''s on about, and isn''t afraid to make changes if they benefit the team.

True enough but there is no manager in the world that inspires enough confidence to stop any fool with a copy of Football Manager thinking they could do a better job!

Seriously, have you seen how good Cody gets by the 2018 season etc!!!

I think the Russel suspension will necessitate a bit of a change as think Hughes is a different player.

but i believe that lambert has a backbone and will pick the best and strongest team to win and if something does go wrong then i feel that he does know how to use the bench 

[quote user="rjwc22"]True enough but there is no manager in the world that inspires enough confidence to stop any fool with a copy of Football Manager thinking they could do a better job! Seriously, have you seen how good Cody gets by the 2018 season etc!!! I think the Russel suspension will necessitate a bit of a change as think Hughes is a different player.[/quote]

everyone knows football manager is easy if you mess about with the players database stats hehe :P

Presumably now with Russell suspended and assume Hughes in ( thats how we played away Southend Russel was out then ) I dont think anymore changes would be risked. Even if a different formation had been used over last couple of weeks in training sure that would involve Russell.

Always sell Cody asap ... so nope i have no idea how good he gets [;)]The Russell ban might actually work in our favour tonight. Should help get the crowd and team fired up nicely.

Would it not be fun to use the formation that was standard when I was a lad and I think female hockey still use it which is:

We ought to have some goals on that basis!