From what i read a while back, weren''t sheffield united supposed to be interested in him??

If they do make an offer for him come january would you sell him or keep him?

Personally i would sell him. imho it was a bit of bad business from worthy to bring him here although i can see why he did it. however i don''t think he''s good enough and he doesn''t seem a forward or a defender. watched him in the fulham game and he was poor. played andy cole onside for the goal and gave away too many free kicks in the danger area. Hasn''t impressed as a forward either.

If we sell him it would generate some more money for the transfer budget, and we could bring someone in who would do a better job. OTBC

What happened to Charlton?

Touch and go, but so is Leon so the Doc could be upfront or at the back. Either way he is starting against Bolton.

The Doc did a perfectly good job at the back against Fulham.  If Charlton had won as many headers as he did people would be raving.

Anyone who thought he was poor simply has it in for him.

Certain players can do no right, certain players can do no wrong.

[quote]Can we buy and sell the same player in the same season ?[/quote]

Only if it''s domesticly.

Why oh why wil he not give Shackell the nod?

How can you contemplate selling a player who has only played in his natural position once this season and who played that game (fulham) pretty well?

I can''t believe that based on 4 games played out of position, people have written the bloke off.

Added to this, there is no way the board will sell him. We paid £750k for him, do you think that the board are really going to take a £500k loss, barely 3 months after signing the guy?

I like Shackell from what I''ve seen, but Doherty was bought as the first choice reserve centre half. He is now getting his chance and so far doing well enough.

Selling him makes no sense at all.

I thought he done a good job in the games he played upfront apart from Liverpool. Old Trafford he was superb when coming on and changed the game. Newcastle replaced Svenson from the start and was superb. People were saying good ridance to Svenson and that we had found a new Iwan. Tottenham and Villa played well won his headers but didnt get a chance of note. Liverpool was his only really poor game as a striker. Give him a chance people for christs sake.

[quote]I thought he done a good job in the games he played upfront apart from Liverpool. Old Trafford he was superb when coming on and changed the game. Newcastle replaced Svenson from the start and was supe...[/quote]

These people who said "Docherty is the new Iwan"

Do you know if these patients have been caught??

Just like to say sorry guys to all those havin a go at me. o.k so i was a bit harsh on the guy, and maybe i exagerated on his performance against fulham. maybe its the frustration creeping in but i was gutted last saturday. i got up at 4.30am to catch a train to get to FCR and queue up to get a ticket, and was left very disappointed. So he is useful in the air and won a few headers, but i wasn''t impressed with all the needless fouls he was giving away on the edge of our area. and he was definitely slow on pushing up when cole scored. Hopefully its just a case of needing match practice, cos he hasn''t really been playing consistently for us or spurs has he?

My apologies once again