Sign in to follow this  
????

back from the game!

I take it you cant be good all the time and that a win is a win at the end of the day if they can do it for say 6 games and win them all were prittey much top .

We wern''t brilliant but we certainly were not cr*p and were the better team!

In fact the performance and team play was generally above levels seen in the last few games!

Silly Over the top post!

Fans that think games are going to be a breeze in the park, Hrlem globetrotter like embarrasing thrashing of  hugely inferior opposition are not in touch with reality!

Leicester pi*sed this Division last time around yet look at their results and you''ll see they had a lot of games where they ground out single goal victories!

Get real!

Oh hang on - I see the person who wrote this misinformed report on the game, actually wasn''t at the game - enough said!

Quite a pleasant day out.Beers on the train up to Manchester and beers on the train back. As expected raining in Manchester - no change there then - and a couple more beers in the pub by the ground. Boundary Park has seen better days with an open derelict terrace along one side but there were, I think, a couple of small blocks of '' executive '' boxes in the corners of the stand behind the far goal. A little better than the half-a*sed efforts at Rotherham but not by much.At half time the MC wheeled out ex-Latic and Canary Mike Milligan for a few words of wisdom but many supporters were more interested in finding a bit of warmth in the sheltered open concourse at the back of the stand.In truth it wasn''t quite as cold as we were told it would be which was just as well as the football on show was pretty dire, especially in the first half. Holt looked better than he has done recently although why he spends so much time in wing positions is baffling. Martin looked out of sorts and Hoolihan seemed to run into too many dead ends. The team haven''t played well since that fabulous trip to Colchester but as we somehow continue to get mainly good results we must hope we can ride our luck if and until our play improves.To round off the trip a crowd of cackling pink ladies out on a hen night descended on our train for part of the return journey. As we sat there in a sea of empty beer cans listening to racous jokes about the physical attributes of an unfortunate male who was with them, we decided, after a narrow escape, that this was perhaps the high-spot of the whole day''s proceedings....... 

Maybe i was originally abit harsh in saying we were crap because we deserved to win. But i agree that we struggled a little bit in midfield and thought smith didnt play aswell as some people seemed to say he did, apart from a couple of decent tackles.

For the people giving stick, i was in a bit of a rush to get on it...but thought id just let you know in BREIF the ratings THAT I THOUGHT before i went out.

Personally, although Martin played poor i still think we should stick with him and carry on using oli as the impact sub!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

We wern''t brilliant but we certainly were not cr*p and were the better team!

In fact the performance and team play was generally above levels seen in the last few games!

Silly Over the top post!

Fans that think games are going to be a breeze in the park, Hrlem globetrotter like embarrasing thrashing of  hugely inferior opposition are not in touch with reality!

Leicester pi*sed this Division last time around yet look at their results and you''ll see they had a lot of games where they ground out single goal victories!

Get real!

Oh hang on - I see the person who wrote this misinformed report on the game, actually wasn''t at the game - enough said!

[/quote]

I was at the game you dumb sh**