Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Who do you NOT want in January?.

After yesterday''s stunning performance by the team, I''m not sure now whether we need to spend at all come January.

Yes, I know that''s not what I''ve been saying all these past months, but we can all change our minds, yes?. 

However, back to my question. Who do you NOT want in January?.

For me it would have to be Duncan Ferguson. Although with the wage he''s reputed to be on at Everton, its unlikely anyway.

Forget the many merits of him as a player. I would fear the harmony in the dressing room being destroyed, and that''s the one plus, City has over the rest of the Premiership I believe.

Apart from him and any Ipswich player, I''m pretty open minded on this.

A Striker - Dean Ashton £1.5m (may have to dig a bit deeper) and

A Center Back - Gabidon £500k

We definatley need to strengthen these two position. If we buy just a striker we will still leak goals so this will counter act any advantages of having a new striker. We need both or niether

Worthy will need a min of 2mil to spend though, Better to spend £2m wisely than £1,2 wastefully

(more choices are realistic with Worthy''s budget)

Generically I dont want anyone who is no better than we already have (Crouch, harewood) who is past their best (sheringham style - Hartson, Henchoz) or who is only interested in the money (Tugay types)

For me age is not an issue, if good enough you play whether old or young but the desire must be there. 

Otherwise I will let you know once they are rumoured to be on their way...

OTBC

Apparently other teams in for Ashton including Tottenham so don''t think he will be coming here and we definately dont want Peter Crouch as he is no better than Svensson.  Guess we may just have to wait and see and let old Worthy boy surprise us once again.

So having exhausted the posts of players we do want we now want to solicit a list of players we do not want ?!

How about starting another post so we can suggest players who we cannot decide whether we want them or not? That should just about cover it.

I dont want anyone whos no better than what we have and I dont want any unknown,unproven cheapies form the lower divisions.

Dont want much do I?

i would NOT buy robbie savage for the reputed £2,500,000 that everton are going to pay. in fact i would not pay £2.50!

he has conned the footballing world into believing he is something special when he is in fact a very ordinary lower league standard player.

The good news is we''ve got West Ham in the cup....a chance to run the rule over Harewood. He keeps being linked with us but I ''m not keen, sods law he''ll get the winner, a stunning volley from thirty yards I shouldn''t wonder, we pay over the odds and he never scores again ala Neilsen!!! Seriously though there doesn''t seem to be anybody in our price range that''s going to make a whole lot of difference to what we already have. Unless we can find a new Jon Stead who saved Blackburn almost single-handed with his goals last year we''re better off holding on to the money and spend it when we know where we are come the summer.