Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

Comments from Leeds Forum hahaha!!!

I think the good news for both of us is that touch wood Colchester and Charlton are beginning to fall away. The bad news might be Swindon. Definitely look like they are the team to watch out for.....

I think their away form will cost Swindon to be honest.

Agree with the points about Charlton, if we cant finish above them, then we have serious problems and dont deserve promotion.

But its certainly shaping up to be an exciting end to the season, which is the last thing I wanted to be honest

I must say your fixture list does look horrific. We have very few midweek games. Whereas you are playing Saturday-Tuesday for about 6 weeks I believe?

yes its never ending. The spuds replay next weds and the pisspot trophy the following tuesday sandwich about 18 leagues in 4 days.

But Grayson has always been talking about the depth of our squad - now its time to use it.

Grella, Gradel, Aidy White and I never thought I would say this, but Tresor Kandol still have big roles to play.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="willynaylor"]I think I''m the most pessimistic Leeds fan going, so Im not that surprised.

We dont boss games or win by landslides like you do.

A big problem for us this year is Becchio - he got 19 for us last season, whereas he only has 3 this season...of course he''s been injured a lot, but he carries zero goal threat.

Sam Vokes was a huge disappointment, he could and should have been the answer, but alas no.

I shudder to think how many you will get against us. I''ve already had a big bet on you to win the league, and I think I''ll match my stake on you to win the league game.

Thanks for letting me come on and discuss things by the way[/quote]Most of us are okay here, and if fans from rival teams want to come and chat sensibly then thats cool, we all love football and its good to hear different points of view.Trouble is we have a few bell-ends tahe just come and spout crap that spoil it a bit for the others.Its funny to hear your views on your squad compared to the Billy big bollocks version of invincible Leeds, I didn''t realise MaCallister and Wise left such a dreadful legacy.I think we will beat you, not because we are arrogant but we really are flying right now, the last points we dropped were against you, since then we have taken 41 out of 45 points.And frankly even some of us are surprised at that![/quote]Actually the last points we dropped were at Yeovil on 12th December Morty... [;)]We have won our last 7 matches and the last game that we lost was at Elland Road.I would that the majority of our fans would of thought that we might of lost at least one game since we played Leeds at Elland Road if you asked them in October?  We have had our scares at Wycombe and Yeovil and at home to Swindon and most definitely again tonight.Lets hope that this ability to pick up 3 points when we look like we could get none might just be the stuff that Champions are made of hey???  [:D]

[quote user="Yarmyed"]I think the good news for both of us is that touch wood Colchester and Charlton are beginning to fall away. The bad news might be Swindon. Definitely look like they are the team to watch out for.....[/quote]Colchester haven''t really fallen away though have they?  2-0 victory against MK Dons tonight and they are still 8 points off Leeds having played the same number of games.  Swindon are now 10 points behind Leeds but with a game in hand.If Leeds pick themselves out of their recent poor form now then they can go on and challenge us for the title.  If they allow their slump to continue for another couple of games or so then they are in real danger of all 3 of those teams being able to catch them.  I bet that all of those teams feel confident that they can reach the 85 to 90 point mark that is likely to lead to automatic promotion come the end of the season.That 90 point mark is only another 10 wins from 19 games for us and is starting to look very achieveable indeed! [:D]Let us not forget that we could get the jitters and lose a couple on the spin throwing everything in to doubt also though!

Hello Smudger...

Great win tonight. It was never going to be easy with tired legs a poor pitch and fresher opposition. But that never say die attitude and the great team/club spirit and togetherness saw us over the line.

Now Smudger my friend, I am still waiting for The Saints to come marching past. I remember when they signed Lambert it was going to be before the end of September? And then later it was gonna be by Christmas. Well I just had a quick peep at the table while I stirred the Horlicks in my FONCY mug, and I see it''s now 30 points and counting![;)]

Anyway, happy days mate[Y] I reckon 11 more wins and we''re there! So we could actually lose seven more games and still get auto promo! But we won''t lose anything like that will we? One Hundred points and one hundred goals.

Sweet dreams Smudge[|-)][S][;)]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Yarmyed"]I think the good news for both of us is that touch wood Colchester and Charlton are beginning to fall away. The bad news might be Swindon. Definitely look like they are the team to watch out for.....[/quote]

Colchester haven''t really fallen away though have they?  2-0 victory against MK Dons tonight and they are still 8 points off Leeds having played the same number of games.  Swindon are now 10 points behind Leeds but with a game in hand.

If Leeds pick themselves out of their recent poor form now then they can go on and challenge us for the title.  If they allow their slump to continue for another couple of games or so then they are in real danger of all 3 of those teams being able to catch them.  I bet that all of those teams feel confident that they can reach the 85 to 90 point mark that is likely to lead to automatic promotion come the end of the season.

That 90 point mark is only another 10 wins from 19 games for us and is starting to look very achieveable indeed! [:D]

Let us not forget that we could get the jitters and lose a couple on the spin throwing everything in to doubt also though
!
[/quote]

Good point. One of the reasons that 90ish points has tended to ensure automatic promotion in the past is the fact that, as the finishing line gets closer, strange things start to happen. I suspect that all of us will have some weird results between now and the final game, which is why these points in the bag are so valuable.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="morty"][quote user="willynaylor"]I think I''m the most pessimistic Leeds fan going, so Im not that surprised.

We dont boss games or win by landslides like you do.

A big problem for us this year is Becchio - he got 19 for us last season, whereas he only has 3 this season...of course he''s been injured a lot, but he carries zero goal threat.

Sam Vokes was a huge disappointment, he could and should have been the answer, but alas no.

I shudder to think how many you will get against us. I''ve already had a big bet on you to win the league, and I think I''ll match my stake on you to win the league game.

Thanks for letting me come on and discuss things by the way[/quote]Most of us are okay here, and if fans from rival teams want to come and chat sensibly then thats cool, we all love football and its good to hear different points of view.Trouble is we have a few bell-ends tahe just come and spout crap that spoil it a bit for the others.Its funny to hear your views on your squad compared to the Billy big bollocks version of invincible Leeds, I didn''t realise MaCallister and Wise left such a dreadful legacy.I think we will beat you, not because we are arrogant but we really are flying right now, the last points we dropped were against you, since then we have taken 41 out of 45 points.And frankly even some of us are surprised at that![/quote]Actually the last points we dropped were at Yeovil on 12th December Morty... [;)]We have won our last 7 matches and the last game that we lost was at Elland Road.I would that the majority of our fans would of thought that we might of lost at least one game since we played Leeds at Elland Road if you asked them in October?  We have had our scares at Wycombe and Yeovil and at home to Swindon and most definitely again tonight.Lets hope that this ability to pick up 3 points when we look like we could get none might just be the stuff that Champions are made of hey???  [:D]

[/quote]Well I stand corrected, though I''m sure you knew exactly what I meant.[:)]

Was just looking at a Leeds message board, out of interest, and came across this thread:http://www.motforum.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=19390It''s amazing what a difference three league games can make. There are a couple of their fans saying that a home defeat by Colchester is inevitable (entirely ignoring their recent win at Man U and draw at Tottenham).... and few seem confident of getting many points at Carrow Road, The Valley or St Mary''s.Can only hope confidence among the Leeds playing staff is this low! (and that City''s players can keep their heads when all around them are losing theirs).

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Yarmyed"]I think the good news for both of us is that touch wood Colchester and Charlton are beginning to fall away. The bad news might be Swindon. Definitely look like they are the team to watch out for.....[/quote]Colchester haven''t really fallen away though have they?  2-0 victory against MK Dons tonight and they are still 8 points off Leeds having played the same number of games.  Swindon are now 10 points behind Leeds but with a game in hand.If Leeds pick themselves out of their recent poor form now then they can go on and challenge us for the title.  If they allow their slump to continue for another couple of games or so then they are in real danger of all 3 of those teams being able to catch them.  I bet that all of those teams feel confident that they can reach the 85 to 90 point mark that is likely to lead to automatic promotion come the end of the season.That 90 point mark is only another 10 wins from 19 games for us and is starting to look very achieveable indeed! [:D]Let us not forget that we could get the jitters and lose a couple on the spin throwing everything in to doubt also though![/quote]

Good point. One of the reasons that 90ish points has tended to ensure automatic promotion in the past is the fact that, as the finishing line gets closer, strange things start to happen. I suspect that all of us will have some weird results between now and the final game, which is why these points in the bag are so valuable.

[/quote]I don''t think that Lambert will allow the boys to get carried away Beau, let''s just hope that us fans can keep our feet on the ground a little longer.I am sure that there may well be a shock or two before the season is out and not many have considered that it might just come at the most unexpected of places.  For instance Tranmere could be desperate for points at the other end of the table by the time we go to Prenton Park on Easter Saturday.  I am hoping that we sure as hell don''t lose that one though otherwise we will be drowning our sorrows instead of celbrating in Liverpool that evening! [B]As for Nutty my cheeky friend, I did make the comment about Southampton flying past us when Gunny was in charge.  If Gunny was still here do you think that we would be where we are now, about level with Southampton or below them?  I reckon we would be about level with them, maybe a few points ahead at best! [;)]

[quote user="Smudger"]
As for Nutty my cheeky friend, I did make the comment about Southampton flying past us when Gunny was in charge.  If Gunny was still here do you think that we would be where we are now, about level with Southampton or below them?  I reckon we would be about level with them, maybe a few points ahead at best! [;)]
[/quote]

I honestly think we''d be below them. But there was no way Gunny would still have been around now. If McNally hadn''t acted when he did it would probably have been another October change with a play-off push at best to follow.

I''m sorry if this has been mentioned, did anyone see the two of them pushing and shoving at the end of the game. Snods was telling Beckford to come over to us and he was refusing, he tried to stop Beckford from going down the tunnel but he pushed him out the way. Several times when they were attacking during the game he was waving his arms about at the bench.

SOUNDS GOOD!!